Today sees the launch of a new plugin by our friends at ElegantThemes, named “Bloom” it is an email opt-in plugin designed to get you more subscribers for your mailing list. I have had the chance to look at a preview copy and have to say this looks like an extremely good plugin that should give some of the other optin plugins a run for their money.
ElegantThemes have kindly offered 2 developer accounts to WPLift readers, a developer account at gives you access to all their themes and all the plugins for one year, you can enter at the bottom of this post.
A Look at Bloom
As mentioned, Bloom is an opt-in plugin designed to get you more subscribers to your mailing list. It does this is a number of ways – you can use it to create popups, fly-ins forms, in-line forms, forms below your content, widget signup forms and optins which require a signup to unlock content. All of these methods have been proven to greatly increase signups – we use a popup optin here on WPLift and the results were amazing once we started using it, our newsletter grew much faster since using it.
Here is a video preview of the plugin :
The plugin has a range of ways for the optin popup to be triggered so you can run tests to see which method performs better:
- Timed Delay – Choose a timed delay for your pop-ups and fly-ins so that they trigger after your readers have been on a page for a specific duration of time.
- Bottom of Post – Let Bloom auto detect when your readers reach the bottom of a post or page and give your readers a friendly reminder to opt-in.
- After Scrolling – Use this trigger to display your opt-in forms only after the a visitor scrolls a defined percentage of the way down your page.
- After Commenting – Displaying opt-in forms to readers after commenting on a post or page is a sure way to target visitors who are clearly engaged with your content.
- After Purchasing – Offer updates on future products and promotions by triggering an opt-in form for purchasing visitors right after the checkout process.
- After Inactivity – If a user is inactive on your page for too long, Bloom can be triggered to re-catch your visitor’s attention with a pop-up or fly-in.
Ths plugin is integrated with 12 popular mailing list services :
Article continues after this block
- Campaign Monitor
- Constant Contact
- Mad Mini
- Infusion Soft
- Get Response
- Mail Poet
- Feed Blitz
Bloom includes over 100 prebuilt templates which you can then further customize to fit your branding, you can change the colors, orientation, border styles and so on.
The dashboard is beautifully designed and contains many powerful features – you can view your stats here, setup different types of optins, target specific posts, categories, carry out A/B testing and import or export your settings for other sites.
You can enter by following our Twitter accounts, Tweeting a message, liking our facebook pages or leaving a blog comment below. Competition runs for 7 days, ends 25th March.