WooCommerce is a massively popular plugin for WordPress, converting the beloved blog platform into a full-featured eCommerce store. Taking that one step further, by adding a WooCommerce dropshipping plugin, you can source products from other countries, sell them in your online store, and have them delivered directly to your customers without ever needing to hold inventory.
What is Dropshipping?
The easiest way to explain the dropshipping business model is to describe each step of its process:
- You, as the retailer, identify a niche in which you wish to sell
- You identify suitable products in that niche to sell. These don’t necessarily have to be from your own country. In fact, many dropshipping businesses procure products from AliExpress, a Chinese online retail company owned by the giant Alibaba Group.
- You locate and partner with one or more suppliers of those items. You mutually agree on the price, payment terms, branding on packaging (if applicable), etc.
- You list the items in your eCommerce store (or even on Amazon, eBay, etc.)
- A customer places an order for the item in your store, and they pay you for it. The price will be the price you pay to your supplier plus your profit and overheads
- You transfer the order to your supplier and pay them the previously agreed price
- The supplier then packs the item and ships it directly to your customer
Sounds revolutionary, right? But dropshipping is not a new concept as it has been around since the 1960s when home catalog shopping was a thing. Indeed, you may not realize it, but Amazon is one of the biggest marketplaces where dropship items are sold, with Amazon selling very little itself.
Why Use a WooCommerce Dropshipping Plugin?
Dropshipping stores offer many advantages over other types of eCommerce stores:
- Buying and storing inventory is not necessary, saving storage, shipping, and handling costs
- You only pay for the goods when a customer buys them, so no bulk buying, although the downside of that means you can lose out on bulk discounts
- No logistical issues with having to get goods delivered to customers
- You won’t end up with surplus stock if the goods do not sell
WooCommerce is excellent for regular eCommerce stores, but it has limitations when it comes to dropshipping.
For example, when a customer places an order for an item in your store, you will need some way of getting that order to your supplier. Also, it is necessary to add product descriptions, images, and reviews to the store, which can take considerable time.
Of course, you could do all those things manually, but why bother when a WooCommerce dropship plugin can do many of them for you?
Our Top Twelve Suggested WooCommerce Plugins for Dropshipping
We’re now going to share with you ten of the best plugins to automate your WooCommerce dropshipping store. So, tighten your seatbelts, and let’s get started.
One of the best-known places to source products for your dropshipping store is the AliExpress marketplace. That offers a mind-boggling range of products from manufacturers all over China. The AliDropship plugin allows you to tap into that product pool while automating much of the dropshipping process.
The plugin costs $89. You can use it with WordPress without adding WooCommerce, although we recommend the latter as it converts WordPress into a proper dropshipping store. Here are some key features you get in this WooCommerce dropshipping plugin.
Article Continues Below
- Automation tools, e.g., search and import, auto product information updates, auto-pricing, order fulfillment, and tracking, ePacket shipping filter, and inventory management
- List an unlimited number of products and variations
- Integrated image editor
- Integrated themes
- Marketing tools, including discount coupons, product reviews, email list builder, etc.
- Abandoned cart add-on
- Live statistics via Google Analytics
- Integrated payment gateways (PayPal, Stripe, etc.)
- Inventory management
- Cashback scheme where sales earn commissions of up to 8%.
- Updates and support
Should you prefer, you can also buy a custom-made turnkey store, the price of which starts at a very reasonable $299 (one-time payment). To find out more about that option, click here.
Dropified is a dropshipping plugin that integrates with several eCommerce platforms, WooCommerce being one of them. Like AliDropship, it helps to automate many of the day-to-day tasks needed to operate a dropshipping store, freeing up time for you to focus on business development.
The free version of the plugin includes features like:
- A Chrome extension to quickly add products from supplier’s websites to your store
- Easy to use dashboard
- Access to a massive catalog of products from suppliers such as Alibaba, AliExpress, eBay, etc.
- Save up to 500 products to custom product boards
- Automatic margin markup
- Integrated image editor
- One user maximum
- Access to extensive training resources
Two premium plans are available. ‘Build’ costs $228 per year plus 3% of your transaction fees, while ‘Grow’ costs $564 per year with no percentage taken from your transaction fees. Monthly subscriptions are also available. Given a choice, we would choose the Grow plan because of its fixed annual pricing, and it also bundles more features, such as:
- Unlimited orders
- Three stores and four user accounts
- One-click product adding and saving (save up to 10,000 products)
- One-click automatic order fulfillment
- Order management and tracking
- Product and inventory synchronization
- Custom product descriptions
- Advanced photo editing
- Profit dashboard
- Create unlimited product listings for Facebook and Google
- Import reviews from AliExpress
- Downloads original product information and images
- No AliExpress affiliate commissions
- Updates and support
- 14-day free trial
While the free version of Dropified will help your store get off the ground, we feel it won’t take long before you crave the features of the premium versions. Therefore, it would be wise to factor the cost of that into your business plan, especially if you opt for the Build plan with its somewhat variable fee structure.
For a one-time payment of $49, you get the following key features with WooDropship:
- Import an unlimited number of products
- Unlimited orders
- Chrome extension for easy product import, including images, titles, descriptions, variants, and prices
- Customize product details and prices
- Automatic order fulfillment
- Variant mapping
If you don’t already have a dropshipping store, WooDropship can create one for you. Packages for that start at a very reasonable $199.
Ezusy is a freemium plugin that will add dropshipping automation to your WooCommerce store. With just a few simple clicks, you’ll soon be importing products from the vast range offered by AliExpress.
The free version of Ezusy is rather basic but does include the following benefits:
- Import up to 150 products
- Up to 50 AliExpress orders
- Chrome extension for easy product adding
- Edit product details before pushing to the store
- Sales reporting
That level of functionality will be perfect if you wish to combine dropshipping with more traditional selling methods in one store.
Three premium plans are available, ranging from $9.90 to $29.90 per month. Those add the following additional features:
- Import between 400 and unlimited products (depending on the plan selected)
- Between 100 and unlimited AliExpress orders fulfilled (depending on the plan chosen)
- Automatic updates of inventory and prices
- Automatic order fulfillment
- Tracking details, including automatically sent orders
- 7-day moneyback guarantee
DropshipMe does not automate your dropshipping store, but instead, it facilitates finding suitable products to sell in it. It reduces product research to the bare minimum, helping you identify potential growth niches and locate the best products and suppliers. It also reduces the time needed for editing product details before pushing them to the store.
You can import up to fifty products for free, after which you will need to pay between $29 and $199 depending on whether you want to import 100 or 1,000 products.
Key features of this plugin include:
- Access to handpicked, previously vetted suppliers to ensure quality products and reliable service
- Over 50k quality products to choose from
- Powerful search and filter tools
- Pricing markup recommendation
- Add products quickly in just a few mouseclicks
- Product titles and images are professionally edited
We love DropshippingMe because it takes away much of the concern over the quality of Chinese products and suppliers. It also ensures that the product descriptions and details are not just poor Chinese to English translations, which often kill the trustworthiness of a store.
6. ALD Aliexpress Dropshipping and Fulfillment for WooCommerce
ALD is a freemium plugin that, even in its paid version, offers exceptional value for money. It provides automated dropshipping and order fulfillment for any AliExpress products you sell in your WooCommerce store.
The free version of ALD has an impressive array of standard features, including:
- Import products from either single product or category pages
- Configurable rules for product imports, e.g., import global or custom attributes, product status, catalog visibility, product tags, etc.
- Configurable product pricing rules
- Configurable actions after customers pay for their purchases, e.g., carrier company selection, AliExpress order notes, show action
- Configure simple product attributes
- Import product list management
- Order tracking and management
- Product variations swatches
The Pro plan is currently for sale at just $16 (previously $49). That gives you the following extras:
- Frontend shipping options for customers
- Separate page for managing AliExpress orders
- Bulk order fulfillment rather than one at a time
- Automatically product price and quantity updates
- Automatic tracking numbers
- Automatic exchange rate update
- Updates and six months support (extendible to a full year for an additional $4.13)
According to the WordPress plugin directory, the ALD plugin is active on approximately 12k stores and boasts a user rating of 4.4/5.0 stars.
7. Ali2Woo Ali Express Dropshipping Plugin
With Ali2Woo, you can download any number of products directly into your WooCommerce store, with order fulfillment occurring automatically. What’s more, you can import product descriptions and customer reviews easily, saving you much time and effort.
For an outlay of just $21, Ali2Woo gives you the following features and more:
- Import product variations (size, color, etc.) and reviews
- Shipping options
- Automatic order placement and bulk orders
- Order tracking and automated order status update
- Change or override suppliers, e.g., for out-of-stock items or if you find a better source
- AliExpress content filter and customizable product details
- Email notification of changes to products
- Automatic synchronization of inventory and price
- Integral image editor
- Configurable pricing rules
- ePacket product filter
- Chrome extension
- Multi-currency pricing
- Cashback system and affiliate commissions
- Translation ready
- Updates and six months support (extendible to a full year for an additional $6)
A bare-bones ‘Lite’ version of the plugin is also available in the WordPress plugin directory. However, we recommend sticking with the paid version as it gives you an unbelievable level of functionality for just a few dollars.
Ali2Woo scores 4.75/5.00 with customers of Code Canyon, the site selling the plugin. Almost six thousand licenses are currently active. Having such a tremendous feature-to-price ratio, Ali2Woo is a very worthy contender in the race to be the best WooCommerce dropshippers plugin.
8. WooCommerce Dropshipping Suppliers Pro
As you might have guessed from the name, WooCommerce Dropshipping Suppliers Pro is a plugin that helps you manage your dropshipping suppliers. Besides creating lists of those and assigning different products to each, it is also possible to automatically generate and send email notifications and packing slips to suppliers whenever a customer purchases an item through your store.
Other key functions of this premium plugin include:
- Automatically send shipping notices to assigned suppliers
- Configurable and customizable email messages to suppliers, e.g., when their items sell
- Automatically add PDF packing slips to notifications
- Import CSV file updates for product inventory status
- Integrates with shipping extensions produced by the same developer (UPS Drop Shipping Pro, Fedex Drop Shipping Pro, and USPS Drop Shipping Pro)
- One year of updates and support
Pricewise, WooCommerce Dropshipping Suppliers Pro costs from $59 (for one store) to $149 (for 25 stores).
9. WooShark for AliExpress, eBay, Amazon, and Etsy
This easy-to-use plugin is available in both free and premium versions. However, the functionality of the free one is somewhat restricted as it only allows you to import products and corresponding details from AliExpress and eBay, and that’s about it.
Therefore, we feel it is better to start with one of the premium plans, two of which are available. ‘Silver’ costs $39.99 (one-time payment) and covers up to three stores and one user, while ‘Gold’ covers five stores and three users. Both plans include:
- Unlimited imports directly from the AliExpress, eBay, Amazon, and Etsy websites
- Automatic support for over 52 languages and currencies
- Import and customize product specifications, descriptions, ratings, and reviews
- Aliexpress and eBay bulk import
- Image editor
- Variations can be customized, deleted, or edited
- Automatic price calculation
- Automatic AliExpress checkout form completion
- Import products into selected product categories
- Stock levels and price synchronization for single or all products on AliExpress and eBay
- Chrome extension
Over 1,000 active downloads of WooShark are in operation. Unfortunately, it scores only 3.9/5.0 with users. However, most of the complaints it has received are pretty old and generally relate to the lack of functionality of the free version rather than the merits of the premium one.
Importify is an all-in-one premium solution to your dropshipping needs. It automates the lion’s share of the process, facilitating product research and uploading, supplier management, as well as order fulfillment and tracking.
No free version of Importify is available, so expect to invest between $14.95 and $37.95 per month to have it. Features you get are dependent upon the plan you purchase and may include:
- Monitor other Shopify stores to identify trending products
- One-click product import from over thirty suppliers such as Aliexpress, Amazon, Alibaba, Etsy, Walmart, etc.
- Semi-automatic order fulfillment for AliExpress, Amazon, Dhgate, and Wonify
- Product customization
- Configurable pricing rules
- Ability to easily change suppliers
- Automatically assign products to your store collections
- Connect and manage existing products
- Chrome extension
Importify comes with a 14-day free trial, so you can try it risk-free before parting with any of your hard-earned cash.
Installing the Spocket for WooCommerce plugin will enable you to ship products worldwide. Still, more than half of Spocket’s suppliers are based in Europe and the US.
The plugin gives you access to a broad range of high-quality merchandise and you can use it if you want to sell clothes, shoes, or tech accessories in your WooCommerce store.
These products are available with 30% to 60% discounts enabling you to generate a considerable profit. What’s more, the platform has a flat-rate shipping fee, so you can easily calculate your expenses.
The plugin’s free version only allows you to browse products and you must buy a monthly or annual subscription plan to start selling products. Keep in mind that the number of products you can feature on your site depends on the plan you choose.
Prices of the Starter, Pro, and Empire plans range from $29.99 to $99.99 per month.
- Direct contact with suppliers (Pro and Empire Plans only)
- AliExpress Dropshipping
- Option to include your company’s logo on the invoice
- Users can search products by images
Choosing the Starter plan will limit the maximum number of unique products you can add to your store to 25. Owners of the Pro plan can have up to 250 unique and 25 premium Spocket products in their stores. The Empire package includes up to 10,000 unique and premium products.
eStore owners who want to have creative control over the products they sell can integrate Printful with their WooCommerce store. Installing Printful isn’t different from installing any other WooCommerce dropshipping plugin.
As its name implies the platform offers printing and fulfillment services while letting storeowners be in charge of product design. So, whenever a customer buys a product in your store the order is sent automatically to Printful.
Printful then prints your design and fulfills the order. The platform currently offers more than 300 products including clothes, accessories, candles, and water bottles among others.
The platform doesn’t limit the maximum number of orders and it ships orders worldwide. Joining the platofm is free and it will enable you to keep your inventory at one of Printful’s warehouses. So you’ll only have to pay for the product, printing service, and fulfillment costs.
Hence, estimating your costs is easy since each product description includes its price and shipping location. It’s important to note that fulfillment costs depend on the customer’s location. The plugin displays live shipping rates and enable you to automate taxes which makes it easier to offer products on the global market.
Frequently Asked Questions about WooCommerce Dropshipping Plugins?
Is WooCommerce Good for Dropshipping?
WooCommerce is one of the best e-commerce platforms for dropshipping. Activating the dropshipping functionality on a WooCommerce site doesn’t cost anything but you may have to purchase a plugin that lets you import products into your store.
You can adjust the basic dropshipping settings, customize emails you send to suppliers and manage packing slips from the WooCommerce panel on your site’s dashboard.
Most importantly, WooCommerce is compatible with all major dropshipping services so finding a plugin that lets you import products from Amazon, AliExpress or Etsy shouldn’t be difficult. Storeowners can also obtain products from local suppliers since WooCommerce’s native features make managing suppliers easy.
How Does WooCommerce Integrate With Dropshipping?
Before you start dropshipping products from your store, you must first enable this option in WooCommerce and adjust its settings. By default, WooCommerce users can offer products from Amazon and AliExpress or sell products they acquire from local suppliers.
However, installing a WooCommerce dropshipping plugin expands the range of dropshipping services you can use in your store. Once you set up dropshipping in your WooCommerce store all orders will be forwarded to the dropshipping service that informs a supplier who then sends a product to your customer. Dropshipping plugins allow you to track all orders and associated costs from the same place.
What is the Best Dropshipping Plugin for WordPress?
The dropshipping plugin you install on a WordPress site should automate the fulfillment process and eliminate the need to search for a warehouse where you can store inventory.
The plugin you choose shouldn’t contain unnecessary code that might lower your site’s speed or limit the maximum number of products you can import into your store.
How to Choose the Best WooCommerce Dropshipping Plugin for Your eStore?
The first question you’ll need to answer before launching a dropshipping store is which products you want to sell.
The answer to this question will enable you to find a dropshipping service that offers those types of products and ultimately help you pick a dropshipping plugin for your WooCommerce store.
AliDropship is one of your best options if you want to focus on selling products from AliExpress. On the other hand, WooShark is a better solution if you’d like to offer products from Amazon or Etsy in your eStore.