WordPress 6.5 is scheduled to be released on March 26, 2024. The release coordinators have announced the schedule and hosts for the release parties, which are online events where contributors test the new version and report any bugs or issues. You can find the details and sign up for a party here.
WordPress has received a $10,000 grant from Google Ads to promote the open source project and its community. The grant will be used to create and run ads on Google’s network, targeting potential users, developers, and contributors. The ads will highlight WordPress’s features, benefits, and values, as well as showcase success stories and testimonials from the community. You can learn more about the grant and how to get involved here.
The WordPress Security Team is looking for new members to join its Incident Response Squad. The squad is responsible for responding to security incidents affecting WordPress core, plugins, themes, and infrastructure. The squad members need to have experience in web security, WordPress development, and incident management. You can find the requirements and nomination process [here].
Happy WordPressing 🚀
// Team WPLift
WORDPRESS NEWS AND ARTICLES
- Episode 72: Why Your Website Matters
- The Month in WordPress – January 2024
- WordPress: The Alternative to Sitecore Content Management
- Post Status Draft – Empowering LGBTQ+ folks in WordPress
- Finding the WordPress Nash Equilibrium
- How to Host WordPress on DigitalOcean Yourself (Even If You’re Not a Techie)
- Boost Your Elementor with Useful Addons, Blocks, and Widgets
- 7 Best WordPress Advertising Plugins to Manage Advertising Campaigns & Monetize Your Site
- WP Guidant Review: Convert More Traffic Into Leads & New Customers
- Top 5 CRM Plugins for WordPress in 2024