People now worldwide like to search, browse, purchase, and many more things from their mobile. Moreover, the latest statistics show that mobile devices now dominate how we do things online, with an increase in mobile traffic of almost 10.88% in 2012 to 56.69% in 2024.
Therefore, a mobile presence is essential nowadays. However, just a mobile version of a website is no longer enough – people are increasingly using mobile apps over websites. So, if you look forward to turning a WordPress site into an app, you are at the right place.
Here, we have researched and curated the most popular WordPress mobile app plugins to create a corresponding Android and/or iOS app for your website.
But before we look at the plugins to convert WordPress site to mobile app, we will look at some of the basics.
What are the Differences Between a Mobile App and a Mobile Website?
Basically, mobile websites are versions of your desktop website optimized for use on the smaller screens and touch input methods of mobile devices such as tablets or phones. They are accessed through a web browser, just as they would be on a desktop device, and require a live internet connection.
On the other hand, mobile apps give you access to the same data and content available on the corresponding website. But they excel because they can offer additional functionality even when not connected to the internet. A good example is Google Maps, where the website is entirely dependent on an internet connection, while the mobile app allows you to download maps to view offline, save favorites, and more.
Do you Know? Another entity which is between the mobile app and mobile website is the web application. Over the years, it has gotten much attention from businesses & startups worldwide as it offers benefits like offline support, more functionality, and a better user experience than a mobile site.
Moreover, many big companies, such as YouTube, Starbucks, Telegram, Spotify, etc., have considered web application development and created web apps besides their mobile apps.
Do I Need to Turn My WordPress Site into an App?
It isn’t essential to have a mobile app as well as mobile and desktop sites. But, because of the significant advantages apps offer, their popularity and use are steadily increasing. Such advantages include:
- Users can use many of the app functions and access data while offline.
- Apps tend to be faster than websites.
- Greater personalization possibilities.
- Ability to push notifications and alerts easily through the app rather than via emails.
- Ability to offer mobile device-specific functionality.
- Better brand presence, particularly given the app’s icon will be omnipresent on the home screen of your user’s mobile device.
- It is convenient, as people do not need to know your site’s address or search through a list of bookmarks; instead, they just access the app directly.
All of these advantages lead to a significantly enhanced user experience, creating loyalty.
Article Continues Below
It is surprisingly straightforward to create an app from a WordPress site. And we will show you 12 of the best plugins currently available that allow you to do just that. Furthermore, we have checked that all are fully up-to-date and compatible with the latest version of WordPress, so you shouldn’t encounter any issues with compatibility.
- MobiLoud Canvas
- Appypie Appmakr
Let’s Look at them in detail.
In common with most other WordPress to Android app plugins, Appilix is free for development purposes only, and you have to buy a subscription to set it live on Google Play.
Pricing isn’t competitive, as the lifetime subscription plan for one Android app is only $29.
With Appilix, you get the following features:
- No coding skills required – all data is extracted directly from WordPress by the plugin
- Real-time layout design
- Customizable app colors to match your website
- Push notifications
- Real-time synchronization with your website
- Fast build time
- Unlimited app revisions
Once the subscription fee is paid, the following extra features will unlock:
- While label (i.e., Appilix branding removed)
- Releasable to Google Play
- Advertising and monetization options via Admob, MoPub, Google DFP, and Adsense
Applilix is an excellent option if you want to create an Android app for your WordPress site quickly, without any specialist knowledge, and cheaply.
As of now, more than 30k users are already using the Appilix plugin. The plugin has 5/5 ratings from users.
What Appilix is best known for?
The Appilix plugin is the most well-known for its best-in-class customer support and features & functionalities.
Appful.io is the only WordPress app plugin developed and hosted 100% in Germany. The company targets more premium users like companies and agencies, as appful.io lets you create 100% native iOS/Android apps out of your WordPress website. While most plugins just get you a web-app, with Appful your app will be based on Swift (iOS) and Kotlin (Android).
Appful is also the only plugin with 24/7 free live support via phone or email in English & German. If you don’t want to invest much time, Appful Support does everything for you completely free. You can reach them under mail[ätt]appful.io.
This is how Appful works:
- Register on www.appful.io
- Download the Appful plugin on WordPress & login
- Build your app in the own Appful dashboard on www.appful.io
Appful.io is basically free to register, download, and develop, but it charges you once the app launches into the App Store/Play Store.
Some of the advantages of Appful 100% native apps:
- Extremely fast loading speeds on iPhone, iPad, Android
- Very premium design with 100% native elements (in dark/light mode)
- Your corporate color & logo are natively built in
- Appful builds your own features into the app (e.g., scanner, GPS, fingerprint, NFC, etc.)
- Native menu, search, category-list, bookmarks, comments, settings, and more manual or automatic push-notifications
- Users can open the app without downloading, just with QR-code (instant apps) offline content for usage without the internet
- 24/7 changes via Appful dashboard (without app updates)
- Can access the device’s NFC, GPS, Touch ID, Face ID, Apple Pay, Google Pay
Appful Pricing starts at 99 EUR/month for the whole experience and for users who build the app without Appful’s help. Appful basic is for small to medium-scale companies and costs 320 EUR per month. For larger companies and individual projects/features, enterprise plans go up to 495 EUR/month
WPMobile.App was previously known as WPMobile.Ninja. The plugin allows you to create and refine your app for free before paying to launch it on one of the app stores.
The wonderful thing about this plugin is its pricing structure, as license payments are one-off, giving lifetime coverage instead of annually recurring licenses. The cost to get your app on Android or iOS is €79. However, if you’re going to publish your app on Android & iOS both, it costs €149.
The low price of this plugin does not mean it skimps on features, as you get:
- Three app menus: hamburger, floating, and navigation bar at the bottom of the screen
- Automatic app updates when publishing new content on your site
- Cached content for offline access
- Unlimited push notifications – manually or automatically notify users of new content
- Twelve real-time app usage statistics, including number of installs, geolocations, language, etc.
- Built-in search functions
- Social sharing
- Where enabled, users can read comments and add their own
- Unlimited downloads and updates
- Automatic language translation with Weglot
WPMobile.App is currently running well over 5,000+ apps and has a respectable 4.7/5.0 user rating.
For Whom WPMobile.App is Best?
The plugin is the most suitable for anyone looking for a budget-friendly solution. And the best thing is it comes with a lifetime license, which means you don’t have to stress about subscription and renewal.
AppsGeyser is an easy-to-use platform that will help you do the job correctly. You can build a native mobile app from your WordPress website by choosing the free app template and then filling the forms of the creation page with relevant content.
Make an Android app from your WordPress website in 5 steps:
- Open the Website App Template or visit AppsGeyser.com to open the Website App template in the “Create” menu section.
- Insert the Website link. Paste your WordPress website link. Make sure that the link is working. You can create a mobile app from the homepage or any other URL on your website.
- Name your App. Write the name of your app. Copy-paste the name of your WordPress website or the brand, and come up with something new. Don’t forget to add a keyword to the title to make it more searchable for Android users.
- Upload the Icon. Submit your custom logo or choose the default one. Keep it clean and simple.
- Publish the App on App Markets. You can download your app files and publish them on Google Play or any other Android App market. Share your app with as many users as possible!
An app maker requires no software downloads, and is easy to navigate, providing step-by-step instructions that will allow even the most basic computer user to develop an app. AppsGeyser app maker gives you the tools you need to build Android apps without any coding.
AppPresser is the #1 WordPress app plugin and mobile app builder. It integrates more plugins and is more customizable than any other solution.
Using their no-code app customizer, build a professional app that integrates all of your WordPress content, and customize it as much as you like. Integrate plugins such as WooCommerce, LearnDash, BuddyPress, and membership plugins. Automatically submit to the iOS and Android app stores when ready.
Some of the features include:
- Drag and drop app page building
- Unlimited color and layout customization
- Automated app store submission for Apple and Google Play
- Excellent customer support
The pricing of the WordPress mobile app plugin starts at $59 per month. It also has some advanced plans with more features, which cost $79 and $99 per month.
Our Recommendation: AppPresser is the best WordPress mobile app plugin for startups, freelancers, and small and medium-scale businesses.
6. MobiLoud Canvas
Like all the other plugins we have listed in this article, MobiLoud Canvas allows you to build a mobile app from your WordPress website. What sets it apart from the others is that the plugin developer creates and launches your app for you. That makes it ideal if you don’t feel comfortable creating an app yourself. Plus, the result is a truly bespoke app.
You may be wondering what’s the point of the plugin if MobiLoud’s team does all the hard work. Well, it is used for configuring and managing the app and push notifications during development and once it is live.
When you use MobiLoud Canvas to create your iOS and Android app from your WordPress site, you can be sure of getting the following features:
- Content is updated automatically
- Compatible with any theme or plugin
- Add native menus and animations for easy user navigation
- Ability to have a different app theme to the website’s theme
- You have total control over the app’s content and design using your existing WordPress skill base
- Compatible with iOS and Android devices
- Easy publishing through the developer
- Unlimited push notifications
- Advertising and monetization options via Admob, MoPub, Google DFP, and Adsense
As MobiLoud’s developers design your app from the ground up for you, expect to pay handsomely for it. Packages start from a significant $1,798 per year, which is highly suitable for startups.
For a further $1,255, you get a ‘Growth plan.’ With that, the developer will work closely with you to configure and customize your app, design icons, and splash screens, and create a showcase of your app’s functionality. They will also work directly with Google and Apple until your app is approved. All packages come with a 60-day moneyback guarantee.
According to the developer, it takes them a maximum of five business days to create your app, and allowing time for you to test it, it is possible to have it built and launched in approximately 1-2 weeks. That’s fast!
MobiLoud Canvas is perfect if you want a complete turnkey solution undertaken by coding professionals while retaining control over how your app looks and functions. The plugin is being trusted by more than 2000+ companies and teams worldwide.
As suggested by the name, AndroApp is specifically for people looking for a WordPress to Android app plugin. With it, you can quickly create your app with no coding knowledge needed, although that applies to most of the other plugins we have listed.
Also, in common with other plugins, creating your app and then testing it on your phone is free with AndroApp – charges only apply when you send it to Google Play. But the excellent thing about this plugin is the first month is entirely free, after which you pay a very reasonable $66 per year. If you don’t pay, your app will still work, but it will display the developer’s ads.
Despite its budget price, this plugin brings you the following features:
- Customizable app colors
- Multiple themes
- Dynamic settings for menu, preview text, ad placements, etc.
- Unlimited push notifications
- Monetization using Admob and Appnext
- Supports deep linking
- Social media sharing (Facebook, WhatsApp, etc
- Comments support for WordPress and Facebook
- WordPress Super Caching for fast load times and offline saves
- Users can zoom, save, and share images
- Featured image on the post detail page with parallax effect
- Infinite scroll on home, category, and tags pages
- White label, with no reference to AndroApp
So, if you have budget constraints and only need an app for Android devices, take a look at AndroApp. Currently, over 3,000 active downloads exist, and users have rated it an impressive 4.4/ 5 stars.
AppMySite makes it super-easy to create a mobile app from a WordPress site in just four easy steps. AppMySite is a popular app builder for WordPress sites. It makes creating a mobile app from a WordPress site super-easy in just four easy steps. Firstly, you register for an account, and then you personalize the appearance of the app. Once you are happy with how it looks, you connect the app to your website through the plugin, after which you can download and submit it to Google Play and Apple App Store.
You can use AppMySite to develop your app for free. However, to submit the app on Google Play, you will need to purchase the ‘Starter’ plan, which costs $19 per month. If you go with the yearly plan, it costs $9 per month.
To submit the app on Google Play and Apple App Store, you require a Pro plan, which costs $29 monthly and $19 per month, billed annually.
Besides this, there is also a premium plan, $49 monthly, offering additional features, such as merge apps, language selection, app analytics, auto publish, and priority support. If you pay annually, it costs $39 per month.
Lastly, there are lifetime plans, which cost $299, $499, and $699 for Starter, Pro, and Premium, respectively.
Key features of AppMySite include:
- Wide range of app customization options, including the home screen
- Automatically import website menus
- Highly optimized web-view environment
- App preview using integrated Android and iOS emulators
- Demo feature to test the app live on a smartphone
- Add unlimited CMS pages
- Extensive range of add-ons
- Intelligent filter and sort options
- Comprehensive knowledge base and documentation
- Real-time synchronization with your website
- Real-time simulation
- Users can log in via Google, Facebook, or email
- Dynamic app menu
- Support for various payment gateways
- Social media integration
- Unlimited app revisions
- WooCommerce integration, including cart and checkout
- Collaborate with 2/3 team members (depending on package)*
- Unlimited push notifications*
- Monetization options*
- White label app (i.e., no reference made to the plugin or developer)*
- Priority support*
Items marked * are only available once your developed app is submitted to Google Play or the Apple App Store using a paid plan.
AppMySite is a popular plugin to convert your WordPress site to an app, with over 7,000 downloads in operation and an average user rating of 4.6/5.0 stars.
What’s best about AppMySite?
It is one of the most user-friendly and effective plugins that lets you create designs for mobile and desktop devices. For the same, it offers a wide range of templates that make the entire task of app creation and publishing efficient.
9. AppMaker (WooCommerce)
If you run an online store, having an app for it can significantly increase conversions. People shopping through your app, are less likely to be distracted and ‘shop around’ on other websites; instead, they will remain focused on your products. AppMaker can create Android and iOS apps to complement your WooCommerce store.
With this plugin, expect to find the following features:
- Drag-and-drop app builder
- Highly customizable, including the app themes
- Extensive library of integral WooCommerce plugins
- Currency and language switcher
- Real-time app user interface customization
- Multilingual support
- Personalized push notifications
- Users can log in via social media
- Product filters and sorting
- Integrated analytics (Google and Facebook)
- Catalog mode support
- Featured grocery apps
- Easy product shipping and order tracking
- Admob and Facebook event targeting
- Up- and cross-sell and bundle capability
- App-only coupon promotion
As with most other WordPress to mobile app plugins, creating your app is free, but launching it on one of the app stores requires a paid subscription.
Talking about the AppMaker, the pricing plan starts at $499 per month. The plan consists of all the above features including some additional ones mentioned below.
- Native Android and iOS app
- Drag and drop app builder
- Extensive CMS
- Real-time sync with site content
- Unlimited push notifications
- Firebase integration
- Advanced Analytics
- Supports all payment gateways
- Google Pay integration
- Social login
- Email + Doc support
Other subscriptions are available for when your business scales:
- Pro Plan costs $999 per month and adds assistance with building your app, Apple Pay integration, OTP Login, currency switcher, language switcher, schedule push notifications, RTL support, Email and chat support.
- Ultimate plan costs $1,999 per month, billed annually. It gives you access to over 2,000 plugins, push notifications with images, a vast selection of themes and templates, and further support enhancements.
Paying subscriptions yearly reduces the fees by 20%, and a fourteen-day free trial is available so you can thoroughly test out the plugin without risk.
Users of AppMaker have given it a thumbs up, with an average rating of 4.9/5.0. There are currently over 5,000 downloads in operation, so despite the price, it is very popular.
If you don’t have a WooCommerce store, the developer also has a plugin to create a mobile app from WordPress called WordPress Android & iOS App Builder. However, it has only been tested up to WordPress 5.6.4, and the last update was over six months ago, so use it at your own risk.
The WappPress plugin allows you to build real-time apps from any WordPress site. The only drawback is that it creates apps for Android devices, which is also true of several other plugins.
It is a highly cost-effective solution as creating your app is free, and you also get fifteen days of app validity on Google Play. After the fifteen days have expired, you can upgrade to Pro for $22, which gives unlimited app validity and six months of support from the developer.
Key features of WappPress include:
- Push notifications
- Monetization via Google AdMob Interstitial Ads
- 15-days Android app validity
- The app can have a different theme and home page than the mobile website
- Uploadable/customizable launcher icon and splash screen
- White label with no WappPress branding
- Build your app in real-time
- Content is automatically updated and synchronized with the content on your website
- Suitable for WooCommerce stores as well as Amazon Affiliate sites
This plugin has more than 1K+ downloads and scores a user rating of only 3.4/5.0 on the WordPress plugin directory. However, don’t let that deter you, as most of the low scores that dragged the rating down date back several years when the app was in its infancy. Since then, the developer has addressed the issues which resulted in those low scores, and subsequent reviews are considerably better.
The combination of affordability and amazing features places Web2 Application at the very top of app builders for WordPress.
Site conversion doesn’t cost anything, but if you decide to use the plugin’s free version, your app will contain ads and Web2 Applications branding. Upgrading to the Pro plan will cost you just $14.90, and unlock a sea of possibilities.
Aside from all the Free plan features, you’ll also get native Android and iOS apps. Here are some of the Pro plan’s highlights:
- Free app uploads to Google Plays and Appstore
- Versatile marketing tools
- Unlimited web notifications
- A WordPress plugin
- Up to 2,000 push notification recipients
- VIP support through WhatsApp
- Google and Apple updates
- Deep linking
The annual and monthly Pro Plans have the same features, but you can save $30 by opting for the annual subscription.
Web Application offers a V.I.P. Full Service plan for a $599 one-time payment in case the features included in the Pro plan don’t meet your requirements.
Here’s what you’ll get if you purchase the full-service plan:
- Design support through all stages of the app development process
- Splash screen creation
- Custom icons
- 100,000 push notification recipients
- Screenshots to Google and Apple
12.Appypie appmakr (WooCommerce and WordPress App Builder)
Converting a WooCommerce store, a blog, or a news site into an app with Appy Pie’s no-code app builder doesn’t cost anything, and it takes only a few minutes. All you need to do is supply the website’s URL, handpick the features you want the app to have, and proceed with the launch.
However, the options you’ll have at your disposal during the app creation process will depend on the subscription plan you choose.
These features are available in all plans:
- Android platform support
- Publishing the app on Google Play
- Unlimited editing
- No ads
- App analytics
However, the Basic plan, which costs $16 per month, limits the monthly app downloads to 500 and doesn’t include support during the first app upload.
Buying the Gold plan for $36 per month will enable you to send 10,000 push notifications each month and have a thousand app downloads every month. The Platinum monthly subscription costs $60 and lets you create iOS and Android apps. Your app will have Appypie’s branding regardless of the plan you choose unless you purchase an add-on that gives you white-label access to the app.
Frequently Asked Questions about WordPress to Mobile Plugins
How Do I Turn My WordPress Site Into an App?
Converting a WordPress website into an app takes place in several stages. Installing the plugin is the first of many steps you’ll have to take during this process.
Some plugins automate the conversion, so you just have to insert the site’s URL and select the app’s functions. Testing is a crucial step because you cannot publish an app until you make sure all its features are working.
Taking the long road and working with the plugin’s developers on building an app from your WordPress website is often a safer approach because you’ll have professional assistance at every step of the way.
How Much Does it Cost to Convert a Website Into an App?
It won’t cost you anything to convert a website into an app, but releasing the app it Google Play or App Store will. Most plugins provide Android support for free and charge extra for building an iOS-compatible app.
Depending on the plugin you choose and how complex you want the app to be, the conversion can cost you anywhere between $25 and $2,000.
You shouldn’t forget that most plugins charge monthly subscriptions that can increase your annual costs by a few hundred dollars or thousands of dollars. In addition, some plugins limit the app’s monthly downloads, which in turn caps the income you can generate through app sales.
What’s Your Favorite WordPress to Mobile App Converter Plugin?
However, building an app from a WordPress site with these plugins can be costly, especially if you want to send push notifications or hope to have thousands of users.
I understand that the budget can be a limiting factor. Even so, I recommend choosing a plugin that will help you build a stable and functional app regardless of how much it costs.