Want to let your WordPress site’s visitors chat with you on WhatsApp? If so, you need one of the best WhatsApp plugins for WordPress that I’m about to share.
These plugins let you add a WhatsApp click to chat button to WordPress where your visitors can chat with you (or even other agents) via WhatsApp.
Some just add a basic WhatsApp button, while others get pretty detailed, letting you mimic a true live chat experience (at least before redirecting people to WhatsApp to finish the chat).
For all of these WordPress WhatsApp plugins, I actually installed them on my own test site to give you an idea of how they look in the real world.
Finally, as an added bonus, I’ll also include a plugin that lets you add a WhatsApp share button to your content so that visitors can share your posts via WhatsApp.
Ready to dig in? Here are the best WordPress WhatsApp plugins…
WhatsApp Chat WordPress
The best-rated WhatsApp plugin for WordPress (a.k.a WP Chat App) is the most powerful click-to-chat widget that you can use free of charge. It provides a fresh and native impression for every WhatsApp user.
Once installed and activated, this plugin creates a dedicated widget for your website visitors to say hello or ask questions. Fill your WhatsApp account info such as phone number, title, display name, custom appearance, etc. and an elegant WhatsApp chat button will appear live on your site corner.
After diligently collecting your audience phone contacts, you can later offer discounts and coupons that they can enjoy. When the time comes to publish a story, product or event, you can create some serious influence by using WhatsApp messages, too! Use it for free now!
- Multiple WhatsApp numbers
- Agent name, title, avatar & availability
- GDPR & response time notice supported
- Pre-defined messages to strike conversations
- Shortcode for WooCommerce page
- Custom widget & everything
Article Continues Below
Jetpack – WP Security, Backup, Speed, & Growth
Jetpack is the ultimate toolkit for WordPress. This plugin seeks to make WordPress sites faster, safer, and help users boost their traffic. There are many benefits to using this feature-packed plugin. Among it is the ability to have easy integration with key WordPress plugins and other software including social media platforms, payment processors, and more. You can add the WhatsApp Button block by simply searching and selecting it from Jetpack’s block selector.
- Automatically back-up your site in real time with just one click.
- Get unlimited storage for your backup.
- Advanced website analytics that can help you understand your audience.
- Display high quality ads on your site.
- And more.
- You can enjoy Jetpack’s free plan with plenty of features. The other plans are $3.50/month or $39 yearly, $9/month of $99 yearly, and $29/month or $299 yearly.
WhatsApp Chat is a popular option that comes in both a free and a (very affordable) premium version.
The plugin helps you create both a simple WhatsApp click to chat button that takes people straight to WhatsApp with a pre-configured message, as well as a more live chat-like interface where visitors can enter their own message and even choose specific agents to send a message to.
For example, here’s what the basic button looks like (you also have full control over the colors):
Then, you can either have that button take people straight to WhatsApp. Or, you can have it open a live chat interface where customers can enter their own custom message (that last part is a premium feature).
With the Pro version, you can also add multiple people/WhatsApp numbers that visitors can choose between:
- Multiple button styles
- Different button placements (e.g. move it to the bottom-left corner instead)
- Option to only show the button for specific devices
- Target your button to specific WordPress content
While the free version is good for a start, I recommend going Pro because the Pro version only costs $10 with lifetime updates and gives you access to some unique functionality.
- Limited free version at WordPress.org. Premium version costs just $10
If you’re looking for a live chat platform that offers tons of customization options, then this next tool is definitely worth looking into.
Userlike is one of the leading live chat solutions for website and messaging in Europe, offering an all-in-one platform for customer communication through messaging apps like Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, Telegram, and more. Beyond offering everything you’d need in a live chat tool, Userlike allows you to customize the look, feel, and logic of your chat box to match your website design.
The Userlike plugin has generated a lot of good reviews from platforms like Capterra and G2Crowd. Additionally, among the companies that trust Userlike are Porsche, Decathlon, Lufthansa, Trivago, and Nivea.
- All-inclusive button integration
- Access to past conversation history
- Unlimited website implementations
- File sharing and file previews
- Chat widget customization
- Canned messages
- Contact profiles
- Registration forms
- Chat tags
- and more…
- Userlike follows a freemium business model. The free plan gets you all the core features, unlimited conversations, unlimited contacts, website messenger, and allows you to have one chat agent to handle conversations one at a time. The premium plans allow you to have multiple operators and conversations.
WhatsHelp Chat Button
WhatsHelp Chat Button is actually a separate service (WhatsHelp) that you can easily integrate into WordPress thanks to a dedicated plugin.
With WhatsHelp Chat Button, the button takes visitors straight to WhatsApp. There’s no live chat interface like you get with the plugin above.
To get started, you’ll go to the WhatsHelp website to configure your chat box. In addition to supporting WhatsApp, you can also choose a number of other apps:
- Change the CTA
- Choose between placing it in the bottom-left or bottom-right corner
Then, you generate the code and paste it into the plugin’s interface in your WordPress dashboard.
If you’re willing to pay $2.49 per month, the Pro version also lets you:
- Add a greeting message
- Track clicks in Google Analytics
- Target specific devices
- Free for basic chat button. Pro features cost $2.49 per month
AddToAny Share Buttons
Looking to increase your website’s traffic and engagement? The AddToAny Share Buttons plugin helps you accomplish that by helping visitors share your posts and pages using different platforms. With this plugin, you allow users to share your site content on social media sites, messaging platforms, and over a hundred more sharing and social media apps and websites.
- Easily customizable and extensible
- Excellent support
- Mobile optimized and retina ready
- Custom placement and appearance
Floating Chat Widget
Floating Chat Widget lets you communicate with your website visitors through their favorite social media and messaging channels. This plugin lets you connect with users through Facebook Messenger, Slack, Telegram, TikTok, WhatsApp, and many other chat channels. With over 90,000 active installations on WordPress.org, Floating Chat Widget is one of the leading WhatsApp clicks to chat plugins for your website.
- A direct click to chat method.
- Show a phone icon to allow your site visitors to call you.
- Launch your favorite live chat product.
- Show different chat channels for different pages.
Social Sharing Plugin – Sassy Social Share
- Compatible with Gutenberg editor
- Around 100 Social Sharing and Bookmarking services
- Share counter customization options
- Standard and Floating layout for Social Share icons
- Compatible with AMP
If you’re looking to allow your website visitors to get in touch with you through WhatsApp, or share your website using the messaging app, this plugin does helps you do just that.
- WhatsApp Chat Function
- WhatsApp Share Function
- WhatsApp Chat Offline Function
- Floating Button
Click to Chat
Click to Chat for WhatsApp Chat is one of the most popular free WhatsApp click to chat plugins at WordPress.org, where it’s active on over 90,000 sites.
It’s super simple – as soon as you activate it, it adds a WhatsApp icon button to the bottom-right corner of your site that lets visitors send you a message:
You also get a settings area that gives you options to:
- Enter a pre-configured message
- Choose different styles (and configure colors)
- Target specific devices, or use different styles for different devices
- Integrate with Google Analytics or Facebook Pixel
- Hide the button on specific WordPress content
And one unique thing is that Click to Chat for WhatsApp Chat supports WhatsApp group chats. So you can have people request to join a group when they click the button.
Most of the features are 100% free, but there’s also a premium version that adds support for.
- Working hours
- Dynamic pre-filled text (e.g. automatically add the product name to the message)
- Time delay
- Working hours/holidays
- Free at WordPress.org. Pro version starts at $12
WhatsApp me is a simple plugin that adds a clean-looking WhatsApp icon to the bottom-left or bottom-right corner of your site. Here’s an example of how it looks:
Or, you can display more of a live-chat look with a customizable CTA. Here’s how that looks – note that there’s no text input interface for visitors, though:
- Customize the pre-filled message for visitors
- Customize the CTA (or disable the CTA functionality and just show the icon, like the first example)
- Add a time delay for the button to appear
- Only show the button on mobile devices
- Enable or disable the button on specific WordPress content types (e.g. enable on posts, but not on pages)
- 100% free and available at WordPress.org
Buttonizer is not just a WordPress WhatsApp plugin – it’s actually a flexible floating action button plugin (check out our Buttonizer review to learn more).
However, one of the things that you can have your floating action button do is start a WhatsApp chat (with the Pro version).
One of the big benefits of this plugin is that you can also include lots of other stuff in your floating action button.
Here’s an example of a button that includes lots of different options:
- Device targeting
- Working hours
- Style options
- Page targeting
- Buttonizer has a free version at WordPress.org, but you’ll need the $19 Pro version for the WhatsApp functionality
What’s The Best WordPress WhatsApp Plugin For You?
Now for the important question – what’s the best WordPress WhatsApp plugin for your specific needs?
For the best overall option, I like WhatsApp Chat from QuadLayers because:
- The default designs look great
- You can choose between a simple button or a live chat interface
- Visitors can customize their own message (or you can use a pre-filled message)
- Visitors can choose between different people to send their message to
- The Pro version is cheap at just $10, and it also has a free version
And if you like the idea of being able to add more than just a WhatsApp button, the premium version of Buttonizer is neat because of its flexible floating action button approach.
Finally, if you just want to let your visitors share your content most social share plugins offer WhatsApp as an option.
Do you have any questions about these WhatsApp chat plugins? Ask away in the comments section!