Looking for the best WordPress social login plugin for your website?
We are living in an age where we constantly need to log in to things. Cybercrime and hacking mean security measures are becoming increasingly essential. This brings frustration to website visitors who have to remember tons of different usernames and passwords to gain access. And let’s not even mention those awful signup pages that feel like a total invasion of our privacy just to access content on a website.
How Can WordPress Social Media Plugins Help?
Given that people constantly use their social media, it makes perfect sense to integrate the login for those into the websites’ login. This is where WordPress social login plugins come into their own.
Incorporating one of these plugins into your website will allow visitors to your site to skip the tedious signup process and easily access member content. Such convenience means they are less likely to walk away at the signup page, and they will hopefully return in the future as login is easy. Customers also prefer social sign-in for the security and personalization it offers, so everyone wins, right?
We have carefully chosen ten of the best WordPress social login plugins available in 2021. Please note the list is not in any order of preference, and all prices, star ratings, and active download numbers were correct at the time of publishing.
Social Login by OneAll
OneAll – creators of several plugins related to social network integration and user engagement – bring us Social Login.
As its name suggests, this is a login plugin that affords visitors access to your WordPress website or blog through their social media accounts. One of its coolest features is over thirty-five social media networks are supported, meaning everyone is catered for.
Key features of the free version include:
- Up to 2,500 unique users per year
- Two domains
- Add a social login button allowing visitors to register, login and comment using their social media login credentials
- Fully customizable using built-in shortcodes – you choose which social networks are accepted and the location of the login icons on your website
- Embedded social media login widgets
- Seamless integration with your existing login and registration system
- GDPR compliant
- Eliminates spam and bot registrations
The premium version adds features like:
Article Continues Below
- Authentication filters
- Data export facility to automatically export data to Campaign Monitor, MailChimp, or as CSV
- User insights such as demographic information about users
- Twenty different icon themes or you can use your own
The premium version starts at $8 per month. That includes 4,000 unique users per year, three domains, and 150 push/pull API requests. Various other packages are available, offering more unique users, domains, and API requests. Reduced prices are available for annual subscriptions.
This plugin has a user rating of 4.3/5.0 on the WordPress plugin directory, and according to the developers, it is on over 300,000 websites worldwide.
Nextend Social Login
Nextend Social Login allows users to register and subsequently log in to your site using their social media credentials. The social media platforms supported depends on whether you use the free version alone or if the Pro add-on is purchased.
Key features of the free version include:
- One-click registration and login using Facebook, Google, or Twitter
- Current users can connect their Facebook, Google, or Twitter profiles
- Social accounts are tied to WordPress user accounts, meaning login is possible either through those user accounts or their social accounts
- Definable custom redirect URL after registration and subsequent logins using any of the social accounts
- Display Facebook, Google, Twitter profile pictures as avatars
- Login widget and shortcodes
- Customizable to match your site design
- Texts on the login buttons can be edited and translated
The Pro Addon includes these features:
- WooCommerce compatible
- Supported social media platforms: LinkedIn, Amazon, VKontakte, WordPress.com, Yahoo, PayPal, Disqus, and Apple with more planned
- Configure whether an email address and username is required on registration
- Choice of icons or wide buttons, plus several login layouts
- Configurable user role restrictions
The Pro Addon costs $52 for a single domain and $208 for up to ten. These are one-off payments as opposed to monthly or annual subscriptions making them pretty good value. A 14-day moneyback guarantee means trying it is risk-free.
Nextend Social Login enjoys an impressive 4.9/5.0 user rating on the WordPress plugin directory, which states over 300,000 copies are in existence, so it’s going to be a safe addition to your website.
AccessPress Social Login
AccessPress Social Login is available as both a free and paid Pro plugin. It enables users to register and log in to your website using their social website accounts without completing a registration form or going through an email verification process. It is highly configurable and easy to set up.
The free version includes:
- Support for the three most popular social media platforms – Facebook, Twitter, and Google
- Many configuration options, such as enable/disable social media accounts, login area, buttons/icons type (choice of 4), order, etc.
- Ability to use shortcode anywhere in the post/page to display social login
- Widget to display social login
- Option to enable or disable social login
- One-click registration/login and ability to send the login details to the user’s email
- Integrate with the WordPress users
- Translation ready
Enhanced functionality offered by the Pro version includes:
- Twelve social media platforms supported
- 30 design templates
- Woocommerce, BuddyPress, and EDD compatible
- Greater customization options
AccessPress Social Login Pro costs $10, which includes updates and six months of support. A further $1.88 extends the support to a full twelve months. Over 10,000 active downloads make this a highly popular plugin. It has a 3.9/5.0 user rating.
WooCommerce Social Login
WooCommerce Social Login is a premium plugin for your WooCommerce site that connects your store’s customer accounts with their Facebook, Twitter, Google, Amazon, LinkedIn, PayPal, Disqus, Yahoo, or VK. This allows them to avoid going through a lengthy registration process to purchase, something which often drives customers away.
Key features of WooCommerce Social Login include:
- Automatically link social accounts to user accounts for new customers
- Allow existing customers to connect (or disconnect) their store accounts to their social networks when logging in or via the “My Account” page
- Invite logged-in users to link their accounts after checkout for faster purchases in the future by adding social login buttons to the “Thank You” page.
- Display login buttons within Product Reviews Pro (if used) login forms.
- Monitor social logins – see the number of linked user accounts for each social network
- Facebook, Twitter, Google, Amazon, Instagram, LinkedIn, PayPal, Disqus, Yahoo, and VK logins supported
WooCommerce Social Login costs $79 per year. That price includes updates, support, and a 30-day moneyback guarantee.
Given that more than 77% of consumers state a preference for social login when using an eCommerce site, coupled with the fact that social login can significantly increase conversion rates, it is an option you really should consider adding to your site.
WooCommerce Registration Fields Plugin
Staying with WooCommerce for the moment, here’s another plugin that will allow your customers to register and log in to your e-commerce site using their Facebook or Twitter login credentials. This is not a strict social login plugin, as its focus is more on enhancing and customizing the registration process.
Features of the plugin include:
- Customers can register and login through their Facebook or Twitter accounts
- Customize your registration form to include basic text fields to checkboxes, date pickers, etc.
- Google ReCaptcha option to minimize bot registrations
- Add conditional fields
WooCommerce Registration Fields Plugin could be a worthy addition to your e-commerce website if you want to offer social media and enhanced registration/login options. It costs $29, which includes six months of support, but for an extra $9, that can be extended to twelve months if necessary. It has a 5.0/5.0 star rating on the Envato Market plugin store.
As you can see from the image above, Super Socializer’s developers dub it an “absolutely free” plugin. However, they do offer a range of paid add-ons to increase their functionality. While this plugin is not purely for social login purposes, it has that facility and several other functions you may find helpful.
Key features of Super Socializer include:
- Rapid social signup and login
- Registered users’ profile data, including their email address, is stored in your website’s database, allowing you to communicate with them if required
- Reduced spam as social networks authenticate individuals and usually do not permit multiple accounts, reducing the likelihood of false identities and spammers
- Seven social media platforms are currently supported
- Paid add-ons allow the integration of additional functions, such as custom social login buttons, social sharing options, comments, follows, likes, MailChimp subscribe, analytics, etc.
- Mobile responsive
The advantage of a free plugin with paid add-ons is two-fold. Firstly, you can choose only the paid bits you need – no need to pay for things you don’t want. Secondly, site speed is not compromised by having a plugin that is heavy with redundant features. But there is a downside – if you buy lots of add-ons, the price can creep up significantly. For example, while the Super Socializer plugin itself is free and gives you social login capability, the add-on for button customization will set you back between $4.99 and $49.99, depending on how many domains you have.
Super Socializer has over 60,000 downloads from the WordPress plugin directory in operation, and users have given it a score of 4.8/5.0 stars.
Social Login by miniOrange
Not to be confused with the plugin of the same name by OneAll, Social Login by miniOrange allows visitors to access your site using one-click login via various social login applications. It also allows them to easily share your pages on their social platform, spreading your content far and wide.
Key features of the free version of Social Login by miniOrange include:
- Login with Facebook, Google, Twitter, Windows Live, LinkedIn, Vkontakte, Amazon, Salesforce, or Yahoo
- No setup is necessary if using the default social login apps.
- Set up your own social login application using APP ID and APP Secret (Facebook, Google, Twitter, Vkontakte, LinkedIn, Instagram, Amazon, Windows Live & Yahoo)
- Add customizable social login icons (shape, theme, space, size, text) to the login or registration page, comment form, or anywhere else on your site via the widget or shortcode
- Preview for social login icons
- Profile completion (username, email) – the user is prompted for their email and username if the social login app does not provide it.
- Assign roles to users
- Synchronize social profile pictures with WordPress.
- Automatic email notification to the administrator when a new user registers
- Enable or disable user registration
- Several social sharing and commenting features
- 24/7 support
As with Super Socializer, several paid add-ons are available to increase the functionality of this plugin further. These include Hubspot, WooCommerce, and BuddyPress integration, and a custom registration form. Prices for these add-ons range from $25 to $45.
Social Login by miniOrange is a very popular free plugin with over 30,000 downloads in existence and a user rating of 4.6/5.0 stars.
WordPress Social Login
Everybody loves free, and WordPress Social Login won’t cost you a cent. There is not even a paid premium version or any add-ons. But being completely free does not mean it skimps on features:
- Visitors or customers to your site can register using their existing social accounts login credentials
- Facility to import users’ contact list from Google Gmail, Facebook, Windows Live, and LinkedIn
- You can control user access to your website using the provided list of rules and restrictions
- Simple customization and integration
- Built-in flexible and fully customizable authentication widget
- Wide range of platforms supported: Facebook, Google, Twitter, Windows Live, Yahoo!, LinkedIn, Reddit, Disqus, Tumblr, Stackoverflow, GitHub, Dribbble, Instagram, 500px, Foursquare, Steam, Twitch.tv, Mixi, Vkontakte, Mail.ru, Yandex, Odnoklassniki, Goodreads, Skyrock, Last.fm, AOL, and PixelPin
- Open source so fully customizable and hackable. The source code is available on GitHub.
WordPress Social Login has a user rating of 4.0/5.0 on the WordPress plugin directory, and over 60,000 websites already are using it. The only downside of totally free plugins is that updates can be less frequent than paid ones. However, given this one is fully open source, anyone with a bit of coding knowledge will be able to fix it should things go wrong.
WP Social will not only add social registration and login capability to your site, but it will also give you a social counter and sharing buttons of various styles.
Features of the plugin include:
- Integrate social registration and login into your site for one-click registration/login (Woocommerce, Buddypress, Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Dribble, Pinterest, Instagram, Reddit, Vkontakte)
- Social counter for posts, comments, likes
- Add social share buttons to any page using shortcode
- Unlimited customizations, including font family, icon text, editable and translatable texts on the login buttons, etc.
- Features can be enabled or disabled
- Customizable caching hours
- Customizable login and logout redirect URLs
- Create your own social login application with APP ID and APP Secret for Facebook and Twitter
- GDPR compliant
If you are looking primarily for social login functionality, the free version of this plugin will be more than sufficient. If you want more funky customizations for the included social counters and shares, then you should consider upgrading to the Pro version. That’ll set you back between $29 and $129 a year, depending on how many domains you have. Lifetime Pro plans are also available ranging from $79 to $399.
Over 10,000 downloads of the free plugin exist, and as it has a star rating of 4.4/5.0, users clearly love it.
WP-FB AutoConnect is pretty basic, only offering a lightweight widget that allows your visitors to log in through their Facebook account or local WordPress login details. That’s not the end of the world, though, given that Facebook reigns supreme over other social media platforms with its 2.8 billion users. The chances of your visitors not having a Facebook account are pretty slim.
As well as a free version, a premium version is offered for $29.99 (that is for a single domain – if you need multiple domains, it’ll cost $69.99). Features of the plugin include:
- A transparent login process for both new and returning visitors with no user interaction necessary
- Existing users who connect with Facebook will retain the same local user accounts as previously. New visitors are allocated new user accounts
- Even if the plugin is removed, user accounts are retained
- Avatars using Facebook profile pictures
- After completing a login, there is no contact with the Facebook API to slow your site down
- Your site talks directly to Facebook with no third-party services involved to compromise security
- No bloat thanks to no duplicate user accounts, extra fields, or unnecessary complications sitting in your database
- Custom logging options
- Fully HTML/CSS valid
The Premium option includes:
- Multi-site and shortcode support
- Require access to the user’s real email address
- Customizable login button including image-based
- Cache Facebook avatars to your server
- User accounts can be manually disconnected from Facebook by users or administrators
- Automatically populate BuddyPress X-Profile fields with information extracted from Facebook
- Facebook logins may be announced on the BuddyPress activity stream
- Show an AJAX spinner to indicate load-in-progress
- Include a Facebook button on the comment, log in, registration, or WPMU signup forms
- Customizable redirect URL: first-time visitors = “Welcome” page, returning visitors = “Welcome Back” page, and logged-out visitors = “Come back soon” page
- Restrict auto-registration to Facebook friends, fans, explicitly invited users, everyone, or no one
- Send a customizable welcome mail to auto-registered users containing their generated login and password
- Customize the role assigned to auto-registered users
- Handle double-logins
- Show links to connected users’ Facebook profiles in the “Users” admin page
According to the WordPress plugin directory, more than 1,000 downloads of the free plugin are in existence. It has a user rating of 4.4/5.0.
The developer recommends downloading and using the free version first before upgrading to the premium version. That is sensible advice for any plugin, as you will be able to try it out while checking it works correctly with your theme and other installed plugins.
What’s your favorite WordPress social login plugin?
So, there you have ten social login WordPress plugins that will help you add easy login capability to your site. Your visitors will appreciate that. Plus, if you run a WooCommerce online store, you will hopefully see an increase in conversions because people are more likely to stay around if they can log in with their social media instead of going through a registration process.
Given that most plugins are available as free versions, you risk little by giving them a try. If you like them, then you can consider upgrading to the paid premium versions for the added functionality they bring. And if the worst comes to the worst and you don’t like a plugin, you can simply remove it.
Are You Already Using A WordPress Social Plugin?
Does your website or blog already have the facility for visitors to register or log in using their social media credentials? If so, which plugin are you using, and what do you think of it? What are your favorite features? We’d love to hear what you are doing with your site in the comments section below.