No matter what industry you’re in, keeping on top of projects, duties, and business at the same time can be challenging when it comes to running a business. Fortunately for you, there’s a solution, and it comes in the way of choosing a good WordPress project management plugin.
Because it can be difficult to locate the greatest tools while avoiding being sidetracked by the less-than-ideal ones, we’ll save you the time and effort. In this article, we’ll cover what you should look for in a project management plugin for WordPress and introduce you to 17 of the best WordPress project management plugins currently available.
Some of these web-based solutions are free or have a trial period, while others need a paid membership, but they can all help any company deal with common project management issues. All you have to do now is choose the WordPress Project management plugin that is best suited for your business!
What Should You Look for in a Project Management Plugin?
Project management for WordPress are solutions that allow you to manage business projects from within your WordPress site. They save time by eliminating time-consuming tasks such as looking through hundreds of emails and facilitating organization. And because the technology is built into WordPress, clients and members don’t have to worry because they can communicate with one another to explain everything.
The following are some of the most important characteristics to look for in WordPress plugins:
- You must ensure that any program you choose is simple to use! The best product will be one that is easy to use and will function well for your team.
- You’ll need to choose a plugin that allows you to arrange assignments logically and assign them to other members of your team so that they know what they should be working on.
- Look for features that allow project data to be shared with individuals outside your business. This is very beneficial when working with contractors and external parties.
- Find a product with real-time reporting to save yourself some time. This will gather information from multiple parts of the project management software and generate reports representing the project’s current state.
- Look for a solution that has customizable dashboards for each stakeholder.
- Examine the security features provided by your chosen software supplier. To keep your client data safe and private from the rest of the world, use a dedicated hosting platform.
- The functionality of a software package should be your first consideration, however, it isn’t a bad idea to opt for something that is visually appealing. There are several tools available, but keep in mind that some appear to be outdated.
- It’s wonderful to have a lot of reports out of the box, but it’s even better to be able to tailor your experience with custom outputs and fields. You should be able to make minor modifications to the tool’s appearance to make it more reflective of your working style.
- Finally, search for a project management solution that incorporates time tracking. It will alert you to potential delays and allow you to double-check the accuracy of your job estimations. Choose a tool that makes it simple for your staff to fill out timesheets.
With all the above taken into consideration, we hereby present you with our choice of the best WordPress Project Management Plugins:
1. WP Project Manager
WP Project Manager is one of WordPress’s most advanced project and task management solutions and has become the finest open source project management software due to its user-friendly interface and web-based task management features. With this task organizer’s sophisticated capabilities, you can create, organize, and allocate projects, tasks, and to-do lists faster than ever before in minutes. With this simple yet powerful project management plugin, you can boost your team’s productivity with a time tracking tool and analyze performance variance with the built-in reports.
It manages a wide range of activities and projects in the shortest amount of time feasible. The dynamic, user-friendly design will not only provide you with a pleasant experience but will also aid you in increasing overall efficiency.
You can make the most of cooperation without the trouble with the built-in discussion thread and file sharing option. With this WordPress team collaboration tool, you can easily collaborate with distant teams at the same time.
WP Project Manager provides the greatest results from all types of teams, regardless of the team or company you are managing. This is why this plugin has quickly become the most popular open-source project management tool for both teams and individuals. With this plugin, there will be no compromises in terms of privacy or authorization across jobs or projects. Handle who can see or manage which project with ease using the user role customization and team authorization functionality (Pro).
Article Continues Below
- You can get alerts for allocated team members, task creation, and other activities.
- You can display a progress bar on lists.
- It also allows you to attach files to messages in order to better clarify the subject.
- The drag-and-drop feature is only accessible in the premium version.
- It has a free version with Basic Project Management tools
- Personal Plan – $79 per year with one domain
- Professional Plan – $149 per year with five domain
2. Project Panorama
Project Panorama visualizes the project process so that your clients and team can see the project’s current status in real-time. Clients and team members each get their own personalized dashboard with an overview of the projects they have access to and how far along they are in the process. You may decrease the amount of “where are things at?” conversations and emails by offering parties a visual indicator of project progress.
Panorama allows you to view essential project information such as the overall project status, project stages, project tasks, documents/document status, major milestones, and scheduling.
Panorama calculates time elapsed and project completion based on job completion to save time and effort. You’ll know exactly where you stand with the project and if you’re ahead or behind schedule.
Rather than referring customers to a list of finished or uncompleted activities, show them a progress bar with important milestones that show how the project is developing.
- The plugin may be customized to match your company’s branding.
- It is available in both free and paid versions.
- You receive a WordPress plugin with all the bells and whistles.
- The premium plans are a bit pricey.
- Lifetime – $299
- Enterprise – $119 with unlimited sites
- Agency – $99 with five sites
- Personal – $69 with site
CoSchedule is a paid editorial calendar for content producers to use within WordPress to schedule blog articles, social media, and other team activities. Its marketing calendar is a design marvel that is both complex and easy. Using the calendar, you can plan, publish, and promote all of your WordPress content right from the dashboard. All of your actions are visible in one location. Gone are the days when keeping track of your editing activity necessitated creating multiple accounts.
It’s an important tool to consider for everyone who uses WordPress. It helps you to get more out of every ounce of blogging work you put in. It’s also simple to post to numerous social networks at different times. All of the main social media networks, including Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, Pinterest, and Google+, are allowed here for you to post both your own and curated information rapidly. You may also post straight from the calendar because all of these networks are linked to CoSchedule.
- The calendar view is highly user-friendly.
- The free trial is a great opportunity to see and try out everything this app offers without giving credit card information.
- The Marketing Calendar view is fantastic, and it allows you to keep track of all of your campaigns from one dashboard.
- There’s no way to give comments or make changes without creating a second account.
- Lacks bulk uploading and scheduling features.
- CoSchedule costs range from $29 per month to $750 per month.
Projectopia is a WordPress plugin that seeks to bring all aspects of project management together in one convenient location. It has several features that assist agencies and freelancers in organizing projects and improving communication with customers and teams. Users can access the project they’re working on at any time, which improves cooperation. Meanwhile, all information is neatly kept on the clients’ WordPress site, making project monitoring a breeze. It also offers quality control to assist clients in managing all aspects of their job and keeping everything up to date.
The Projectopia WordPress Project Management Plugin provides clients with a single flexible front-end dashboard that contains all project-related activities, invoicing, and support requests. You can now enhance the speed of your workflow by updating your client’s or team’s details and photographs, adding members, seeing all essential pieces of information, making payments, and creating PDF invoices with this WordPress plugin.
You may add members to your team and give them duties with the Projectopia WordPress Project Management Plugin. They, on the other hand, have access to a list of project assignments and their responsibilities. They can also make their own profiles on your website.
You can manage your projects precisely as you want them to be managed with the Projectopia WordPress Project Management Plugin. You can handle messages, watchers, task file uploads, and other project aspects in a single dashboard. You can also manually add time or use the jQuery timers method.
You may obtain updates on specific projects’ start dates and deadlines and share them with your clients using the Projectopia WordPress Project Management Plugin. Meanwhile, the Tasks and Subtasks functionalities allow you to track the project’s development. You may also use the email piping feature to quickly return to emails.
- It comes with a dedicated ticketing system that allows you to provide seamless assistance to your team members.
- Clients can be assigned to projects, or you can work on them internally.
- It enables you to add team members and provide them system access.
- It doesn’t have a free trial.
- Regular License (Basic Version) – $49.
- Extended License (Basic Version) – $299.
- Regular License (Ultimate Version) – $99.
- Extended License (Ultimate Version) – $499.
5. Zephyr Project Manager
Zephyr Project Manager is a WordPress project management plugin that enables you to efficiently manage all of your tasks. This feature-rich application has a contemporary, user-friendly design that makes it simple to keep track of all of your chores and projects.
Zephyr Project Manager allows you to create an infinite number of task projects and categories and track their progress using one of the numerous built-in capabilities. For example, a dedicated file management website allows you to access your files. You may also create charts to monitor your tasks or examine them in a calendar graphically.
By prioritizing certain items, getting email notifications, and turning projects into tasks, Zephyr Project Manager may help you better manage your workload. You may also utilize the discussion panel to communicate with your team and share files and messages.
- You may simply customize your profile by adding a custom name, description, profile image, and email notifications, among other things.
- You can form a group and assign responsibilities to them.
- Zephyr makes it much easier to create automated progress charts and have them printed.
- You’ll need a premium plan if you want to alter the front end.
- One time purchase costs $99
6. SP Project & Document Manager
This plugin for project and document management allows you to maintain and control an infinite amount of papers, records, files, media, movies, and pictures via remote file sharing. In an easy-to-manage online procedure, SP Project & Document Manager lets you establish limitless folders and subfolders to share, organize, manage, and control client, student, and supplier papers and accounts, control individual documents, and pick particular file-sharing of documents.
The plugin illustrates how you’re able to exchange files with clients, sales teams, and vendors from afar. WordPress users may add and change project/document folders thanks to a simple layout, access to template adjustments, and easy-to-use features.
- Manage your documents and media from anywhere.
- Folders can be nested indefinitely.
- There are no limitations when it comes to uploading and managing files.
- Its quite difficult to understand because there aren’t many instructions.
- Single Site License – $75.00 per year
- 1-3 Sites – $125.00 per year
- 5 Site License – $195.00 per year
BuddyPress is a popular WordPress plugin that adds a lot of useful features to your website. It’s a project management tool with social networking integration, a content management system, and a web design resource rolled into one.
BuddyPress has a number of project management tools that allow users to interact in real-time. Users can, for example, build online communities. It includes elements like an activity dashboard, chats, profiles, and more that are typical in online communities. It’s also a versatile tool since users may add third-party components or plugins to enhance its capabilities.
Organizations use BuddyPress to establish their own platform where their members may communicate with one another without worrying about safety and security. Colleagues, enthusiasts, students, and others who wish to exchange and convey ideas will find it useful.
- Free and Open Source Software.
- The developers in charge of BuddyPress development have done an excellent job of maintaining high standards in the code and development process.
- It has a strong theme compatibility API that aims to make every BuddyPress content page look and feel appropriate with any WordPress theme.
- Some features appeared outdated, and some things were a little perplexing.
Monday.com features a user-friendly and clean layout. It is one of the most versatile project management tools on the globe as it’s very simple to use for both small enterprises and huge, enterprise-level organizations.
The Monday.com project tracker template will assist you in keeping track of all projects in your workflow, both past and present. While Monday.com is not a WordPress plugin, it does connect flawlessly with WooCommerce. Thanks to its ability to import material in and out of Microsoft Excel and Google spreadsheets, you can set up this project management and sales process system in no time. It also works the other way around, allowing you to export your results to Excel and share them with your team or clients.
- Providing quick and simple ways to update project information to match their current state.
- Saving time by converting a job that may take minutes to an hour into a page that can be changed by a whole team with just one click.
- It allows for instant access to area views, as well as project and order status for everyone.
- With so many features in one software application, it might be a little confusing for novice users.
- Depends significantly on the department’s supervisor’s organizing skills. Depending on the supervisor/department, the program might have wildly varied outcomes.
- Basic Plan – $24 per month billed annually
- Standard Plan – $30 per month billed annually
- Pro Plan – $48 per month billed annually
WP-Client comes with a feature-rich core plugin. This WordPress plugin includes a Project Management Extension that allows users to organize their work, collaborate with teams more quickly, and measure time spent on tasks and projects.
They may simply start projects for current clients, and managing a project from a single place will be straightforward with resources and information gathered and consolidated in a single interface. Teams made up of coworkers, project managers, and freelancers may be formed and assigned to tasks.
Each member of the team may concentrate on their tasks thanks to the My Tasks function. Team Talk allows participants to share files and chat with one another.
- Upload files and documents, monitor bugs and keep track of your progress automatically.
- Front-end templates that may be customized.
- Support is normal, and upgrades are only available for a year.
- WP Project Manager and Panorama are even more costly.
- Basic Plan – $59 one-time purchase
- Plus Plan – $119 one-time purchase
- Developer Plan – $199 one-time purchase
Avaza is a cloud-based program that combines project management and accounting into one platform. This eliminates the need for users to transfer between platforms or repeat their efforts across various software systems.
Avaza allows project managers to track project progress, predict project profitability, plan resources, and evaluate resource utilization levels with all of the capabilities available under one roof. It also aids in the control of expenses by giving a real-time analysis of all characteristics. In addition to these capabilities, various third-party connectors make communication with team members and clients a breeze.
- Whether you’re tracking hours, adding/editing projects, or examining prior hours logged for a given project, it’s straightforward to use.
- The Timesheets function makes keeping track of your time a breeze.
- In the mobile version, it’s difficult to view the total number of hours tracked for a certain project.
- Startup Plan – $11.95 per month
- Basic Plan – $23.95 per month
- Business Plan – $47.95 per month
Airtable is a versatile and dynamic work management solution with a wide range of applications. If you’re used to spreadsheet-based programs such as Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets, Airtable will feel like a natural fit.
- The user interface is based on a ssimple spreadsheet format that can be customized to match nearly any company.
- Airtable users may easily share files and data with this tool. Even the free Airtable plan has this function.
- There is no well-organized comment area.
- There aren’t enough large picture views.
- Pro Plan – $10 per month
- Plus Plan – $20 per month
Freedcamp is a project management tool that allows organizations to develop configurable widgets, collaborate on projects with other employees, and plan, organize, and manage work all in one place. Administrators may use a centralized repository to store data, contacts, and leads, examine various versions of documents, monitor issues across tasks, and divide larger projects into subtasks based on organizational needs.
- Offer feature sets that seamlessly combine task, project, and time management tools, as well as unexpected extras like password management, wikis, chat/notes, and invoicing.
- Many powerful capabilities make it much stronger than it appears at first glance.
- Freedcamp aids in the monitoring of each project’s development.
- At times, the special features might be confusing.
- When it comes to personalizing projects, it may be a little tricky.
- Pro Plan – $2.49 per user monthly
- Business Plan – $8.99 per user monthly
- Enterprise Plan – $19.99
13. Task Manager Pro
Task Manager Pro is a more manageable and uncomplicated plugin for managing tasks within a group.
- Create projects quickly and simply, as well as tasks inside each project.
- Assign a specific user or group of users to a project or task.
- You may also leave updates on tasks by commenting on them.
- There’s no SMS notification indicated.
- $22 regular licensing
14. Kanban Boards for WordPress
In addition to being a project management tool, the Kanban Boards for WordPress plugin can also help its users create a content publishing plan or manage customer relationships.
Large organizations can rely on this project management plugin as it allows them to create new tasks effortlessly and assign them to different team members. The plugin’s free version comes with powerful filtering features and project duration estimation options.
Real-time collaboration, efficient user management, and in-place editing are among the perks of installing this plugin on a WordPress site.
All data you generate with the Kanban Boards for WordPress is stored separately from other website’s data to ensure every bit of information is secure. The plugin’s Pro version enables users to create multiple boards, attach files to tasks or comment on tasks.
- The plugin is fully responsive
- Intuitive interface that doesn’t take long to get used to
- High data security standards
- The plugin is lightweight
- Customer support doesn’t respond quickly to user queries
- Multi-site installations don’t work seamlessly
- Annual Subscription – $149
- Lifetime Subscription – $499
Managing projects with UpStream is easy because the plugin lets you set milestones and tasks for a project in just a few clicks. The plugin also has a bug tracker that helps users identify and resolve different issues while working on a project.
UpStream’s free version has a few frontend templates, so you can choose how the plugin’s interface will look on your website. All projects you start will have a discussion panel where you can chat about tasks you and your team are working on.
Moreover, each of the company’s employees can have an UpStream account that contains basic information like the name, job title, or address. This plugin is tested for the latest WordPress version so you’re unlikely to face any compatibility issues.
- 14-day money-back guarantee
- All pricing plans include multiple plugin extensions
- Users can assign custom permissions and custom capabilities to different roles
- UpStream is developer-friendly
- The plugin’s functionalities depend on the subscription plan
- UpStream contains unnecessary code
- Lite – $79 per year
- Professional – $179 per year
- Agency – $259 per year
- Enterprise – $499 per year
16. PublishPress Planner
PublishPress offers a wide range of plugins you can use to expand Gutenberg’s block library, unpublish posts, or create a content plan.
The Planner plugin isn’t a project management tool in a conventional sense because it lacks task-tracking features. Still, it is ideal for bloggers who need an efficient way of developing and updating their content plans.
The Content Calendar offers instant access to pieces of content scheduled for publishing within a certain timeframe. Users can create new posts directly from the calendar.
Additionally, editorial comments and editorial metadata options enable the plugin’s users to discuss issues that have to be fixed before the content is published.
- Users can filter content based on categories, statuses, and other search criteria
- The plugin sends automatic reminders to team members.
- Admins can create user roles
- The developer offers extensive documentation for this plugin
- The Planner plugin is aimed primarily at bloggers
- Users must upgrade to the Pro version to remove PublishPress branding
- One-site License – $59.00
- Up to Five Sites – $129.00
- Unlimited Sites – $199.00
Frequently Asked Questions about Project Management Plugins
What is the Alternative to the WP Project Manager?
The long list of impressive features makes the WP Project Manager one of the best WordPress project management plugins on the market. However, you’ll have plenty of options if you’re looking for alternatives to the plugin.
Some of these plugins don’t have free versions, so you cannot test them before deciding whether you want to use them.
Which Plugins Should I Use to Show Projects in WordPress?
There are hundreds of free and paid plugins that give website owners an overview of their projects. WP Project Manager, Zephyr Project Manager, or Project Panorama are some of the project management plugins you can use to visualize progress on a project.
These feature-rich tools enable users to do much more than just monitor how a project or a task is progressing. Depending on the plugin you choose, you’ll be able to create Gantt charts, generate reports or define permission levels for different user roles.
Most plugins make organizing projects much easier as they give users the freedom to choose how they want to arrange their ongoing projects.
Which Platform is the Best for Project Management?
Trello is one of the most popular project management platforms today, but the problem is that currently, its developers don’t offer a Trello WordPress plugin. However, users can integrate it with their WordPress websites through Zapier.
Asana, Basecamp, and Wrike are versatile project management platforms that help businesses streamline projects. Once again, WordPress plugins for these tools aren’t available and you must use Zapier if you want to integrate them with your website. You should try using WP Project Manager or Airtable if you’re looking for a project management plugin because both tools have a broad range of features that make managing tasks and projects easier.
What are your favorite WordPress Project Management Plugins?
These project management plugins provide a management system for managing projects and task lists. Some were built from the ground up for WordPress, while others require third-party integration. Even so, they generally include comparable capabilities to assist you in managing your whole organization, such as file sharing, project status, and calendars.
Using WordPress plugins, managing a growing business may be a simple and time-saving procedure. With so many possibilities, you’ll definitely discover one that meets your requirements and matches your budget.
Wrapping Things Up!
A WordPress dashboard is required for a project to be methodical and safe. Using WordPress plugins, managing a growing business may be a simple and time-saving procedure. With so many options, you’ll definitely discover one that meets your requirements and matches your budget.