WordPress is one of the most well-known content management systems worldwide. Various businesses worldwide leverage this CMS to create beautiful & modern websites. However, there have been constant cases of copyright infringement of images, videos & other content on WordPress sites. Hence, it has become essential to protect your work online.
So, whether you are a graphic designer or photographer who showcases your portfolio on the WordPress site using graphical illustrations and are worried about your work getting stolen? You have reached the right place. Here, we will provide you with a way to protect your images, videos, etc., on your site.
The best way to protect your work is by using watermarks. Thankfully, there are many WordPress watermark plugins available in the market that help you achieve the same.
To simplify your task, we have researched and curated the best watermark plugin for WordPress.
So, let’s get started.
10 Best Watermark WordPress Plugins to Consider in 2023
Here, we will look at some plugins you can add to your WordPress site to protect your images with watermarks. There are free, freemium, and premium options, so you should find something to fit your budget.
1. Image Watermark
Image Watermark is a free WordPress plugin for adding watermarks to images, either manually or automatically. The plugin lets you freely choose the watermarks’ location, size, and opacity. Furthermore, the watermarks can scale with the image size, and it is possible to restrict them to specific post types.
Image Watermark is a great option if you need to watermark your images but don’t wish to invest in a premium plugin. What’s more, despite being completely free, it has an excellent feature set.
- Bulk actions for watermarking images already in your WordPress media library
- Removable watermarks
- Configurable watermark offset, opacity, and position
- Three watermark sizes (original, custom, or scaled)
- Configurable image quality (lower quality is a further theft deterrent)
- Disable right mouse click on images to prevent copying to the clipboard
- Image protection can be disabled for logged-in users
- Watermarks can be disabled for specific post types
- Image Watermark is free, with no premium upgrades available. It is available for download directly from the developer’s website or the WordPress plugin directory.
2. WP Photo Album Plus
WP Photo Album Plus is another best WordPress watermark plugin available for free. As the name implies, the main purpose of this one is to add photo albums to your WordPress site. However, it also includes versatile tools for adding image watermarks.
Article Continues Below
An extensive backend includes numerous settings for albums and image configurations. The watermark submenu allows you to upload your own watermark images, adjust things like size, location, colors, fonts (if you are using a text rather than an image watermark), and much more.
Furthermore, the plugin’s photo album features are plentiful, allowing you to create unlimited albums and sub-albums containing any type of media file.
WP Photo Album Plus is an excellent option if you need to manage tons of images and other media files.
- Various configurations include watermark size, color, opacity, foreground, background colors, etc.
- Add watermarks to thumbnails.
- Facility to upload your own watermark image or use a text-based one.
- Extensive photo album features included unlimited albums and sub-albums, bulk imports, comment moderation, searches, integrated Google Maps, etc.
- Various image and album restriction configurations.
- Subscriber email notifications for new albums, new images, etc.
- WP Photo Album Plus is a completely free WordPress image watermark plugin with no premium upgrades available.
3. Product Watermark for WooCommerce
Unfortunately, WooCommerce stores are often targets of image thieves also, and so are logical candidates for watermark plugins.
Product Watermark for WooCommerce is a WordPress plugin that helps prevent others from stealing images from your WooCommerce store. Adding the watermarks is easy, and they can be either a company logo, copyright symbol, company logo, or text.
Key Features of the Free Version
- Quickly add watermarks to WooCommerce product images
- Customizable watermark position
- Configurable opacity
- Custom CSS for front end pages
Key Features of the Premium Version
- The ability to add different watermarks to different image types
- Configurable watermark size
- Choice of 5 watermarks
- Text watermarks with adjustable font color, size, and opacity
- The core Product Watermark for WooCommerce is free. However, the premium version costs $34 for a single site, rising to $109 for ten domains. Furthermore, the premium version has a 30-day money-back guarantee.
As the name suggests, the plugin makes the process of adding watermarks to images super smooth.
You can manually or automatically add a logo or text-based watermarks. At the same time, the bulk actions feature allows you to add them to all existing images in your media library, too. Plenty of freedom is given to the placement of the marks and how they look, while watermarking activities can be role-restricted.
- Image (JPG, PNG, or GIF) or text-based watermarks.
- Configurable transparency and opacity (depending on the type of watermark image used).
- Nine watermark positions and configurable size.
- Text watermark supports ten popular fonts with configurable color, size, and rotation.
- Ability to dynamically add the name of the user uploading the image and the date to the text watermark.
- You can add watermarks to all image sizes integral to WordPress, including those from themes or plugins.
- Image backups.
- Easy Watermark WordPress plugin is entirely free, with no premium upgrade available.
5. Ultimate Watermark
It is a relatively new WP watermark plugin. Because it has only been around for about a year, it does not yet enjoy the large followings of its more mature competitors.
However, the reason for Ultimate Watermark’s inclusion in this list is it has an interesting feature set. Furthermore, it is also (currently) free, making it worthy of a second glance.
The plugin will automatically watermark new images as you upload them to your media library, while existing ones can be processed as a bulk action. The watermark image can be scaled and positioned as required, and the opacity is adjustable.
Furthermore, enabling or disabling right-clicking is possible to prevent users from copying images to their clipboards.
- Single image watermark with dynamic position and settings.
- Bulk actions for adding and removing watermarks.
- Full image backups.
- Image protection features, including right click disable.
- Ability to select the post type and different image sizes for watermarking.
- Support for GD & ImageMagic Library.
- Baseline and progressive image formats.
- Ultimate Watermark is a free plugin with no premium upgrade available.
6. WooCommerce Product Image Watermark Plugin
WooCommerce Product Image Watermark plugin is another plugin to help prevent others from stealing your eCommerce product images via image or text watermarks.
What’s cool about this plugin is you can create rules to restrict the addition of watermarks only to specific products or entire categories. Furthermore, you can automatically add watermarks to various image types (product images and pop-ups, catalog thumbnails, etc.)
Key Features of WooCommerce Product Image Watermark Plugin
- Various configurations include font, size, color, and opacity.
- Nine watermark positions to choose from.
- Single or repeat watermarks.
- Add watermarks to specific products or categories.
- Possibility of having separate watermarks for product thumbnails and the corresponding pop-up images.
- Your shop and catalog can have either the same or different watermarks.
- Ability to apply watermarks to simple and variable products.
- It is a premium-only watermark plugin for WordPress, costing $39 from Code Canyon. That price includes future updates and six months of support, the latter being extendible to one year for an additional $12.75.
7. WaterMark PDF for WooCommerce
Confusingly, this plugin is called WaterMark PDF for WooCommerce in the WordPress plugin directory, but the premium version is named WaterWoo on the developer’s website.
Either way, this plugin is different from the others listed as it allows you to watermark something people often copy without permission – PDF documents that you sell (or give away) in your WooCommerce store.
In order to prevent unauthorized copying, a watermark is added to all pages of the PDFs once the sale is completed. A wide range of customizations is possible: font, color, size, location, etc. Moreover, it is possible to add customer data such as name and email to the watermark. Pretty neat, right?
The only downside of WaterMark PDF for WooCommerce is it utilizes open-source TCPDI and TCPDF libraries to customize the documents. Unfortunately, these can suffer glitches, mainly if the PDF is poorly formatted or contains glitches or your host server restricts the size of files it can process.
Key Features of the Free Version
- You can specify which PDFs are to receive watermarks.
- Wide range of watermark placement possibilities to suit different paper sizes.
- Configurable font, color, and size.
- Once sold, watermarks are added automatically to all pages of the PDF.
- Ability to dynamically add customer data (first and last name, email address, date of the order payment, and telephone number).
Key Features of the Premium Version
- Ability to start the watermark from a selected page and to watermark every page or only odd or even pages.
- Add individual watermarks and set passwords per product or product variation.
- An additional rotatable watermark location allows up to two watermark locations per page.
- Right-to-left (RTL) watermarking for alphabets such as Arabic.
- Optional password protection/permissions for PDFs.
- Additional text formatting options, including semi-opaque watermarks.
- Ability to dynamically add customer data fields.
- Test or manually add watermarks from the admin panel.
- The core WaterMark PDF for the WooCommerce plugin is free. Furthermore, the premium version costs $80 for a single site, $120 for two to five domains, and $250 for up to twenty.
8. Global Gallery
Are you looking for a premium WordPress plugin that allows you to perform many other tasks besides watermarking images? Then, the Global Gallery is the best option. The plugin will enable you to create highly-effective and stunning galleries for your site using WP categories, Google Drive, Pinterest, nextGEN galleries, and more.
The best thing about this plugin is that it lets you display your media effectively on every device. How? It helps you achieve this by providing four gallery layouts and 7 lightboxes ready for use.
Besides this, the plugin allows you to protect all of your images with the help of the Global Gallery watermarking system and make customizations as per your need.
Key Features of Global Gallery
- Tag the images using the galleries filtering engine. Even you can browse through the entire images with the help of a live search engine.
- It has a built-in file manager to upload and manage massive amounts of images effectively.
- The plugin comes with top-notch support from the team 24*7.
- It offers a one-click instant setup with 8 different styles.
- Compatible with WPBarkery Page Builder, Elementor, and Divi Builder.
- Extensive documentation.
- It is a paid plugin that costs $35 for a regular license and comes with faster updates and 6-month support.
9. Modula Image Gallery
It is one of the best freemium WordPress gallery plugins that allows you to create fantastic lightbox galleries, masonry grids, etc., with just a few clicks. It enables you to include a watermark on the images you have uploaded and the latest uploaded images in your gallery. Moreover, the plugin gives functionality to automatically add a watermark to new images you upload on the site.
Key Features of Modula Image Gallery
- The plugin integrates well with popular page builders like gutter size, width, image, size, height, border size, border color, shadow size, etc.
- Offers different social sharing buttons to share on different platforms like Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn, etc.
- Import or export tool lets you move galleries from one site to another efficiently.
- Include the URL in the images.
Key Features of the Premium Version
- Leverage the password-protect extension to block access to various galleries with the help of the password.
- Disable the right-click on the images to ensure that users can’t download images on the website.
- It provides a feature to include hover and loading effects in the images.
- Role management features give you complete authority to change gallery permission for every user on the website.
- Include custom watermarks to protect your images.
- Free version. It also has a premium version with pricing starting from $39 for 1 site, $69 for 3 site, and $99 for 5 sites.
10. YITH WooCommerce Watermark Plugin
It is one of the best WooCommerce watermark plugins. You can instantly leverage this plugin to include watermarks like logo, credit, copyright, etc., in the WooCommerce product images with a few clicks.
If you are looking for a plugin offering a range of customization options, this is the best waterpark plugin for WordPress. It lets you create unlimited text watermarks, tailor-made images
, or a logo to apply to the products. Moreover, you can modify the size, opacity, position, and other things.
Key Features of YITH WooCommerce Watermark Plugin
- Create unlimited watermarks using your brand or custom image.
- Create unlimited text watermarks, and you can decide the font, color, text, etc.
- The plugin is highly beneficial if you are selling digital products.
- The reset button lets you restore the original images without doing anything to the watermarks.
- With a global watermark feature, the plugin enables you to apply a watermark to every new product on the website.
- The images present on the website wouldn’t have any unauthorized access.
- The plugin costs $69.99 annually, with 1-year updates & support and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Ultimately, protecting your WordPress site is very much essential to assure quality and authenticity and thereby prevent counterfeits. The WordPress watermark plugins we shared in the list help you integrate watermarks into the images and protect them from theft or misuse. It’s your time to choose the right watermark plugin for WordPress.
The selection of the right plugin relies on various things like the business needs, customization, pricing, features & functionalities, etc. You should check out everything about the plugin and choose the one that fits well with your business. Leveraging the right WP watermark plugin will help you prevent any unauthorized usage of images and increase the image’s authenticity online.