Have you spent hours trying to remember where you put a simple document?
Have you tried to get in touch a team member and had to wait days for a response?
Or worse, have you missed a crucial deadline, because you didn’t have an overarching view of how your project was moving along?
As your business continues to grow it’s important to stay organized. A disorganized business isn’t going to thrive and reach its potential.
Luckily for you, there are plenty of WordPress project management tools you have available at your disposal. Yet, trying to sort through all of the options out there can be quite time consuming.
Below you’ll find a list of some of the top WordPress project management tools available today.
1. WP Project Manager
WP Project Manager is a full-featured plugin that’s designed for use within the WordPress dashboard.
The free version of this plugin includes everything you could possible want in a project management plugin. Some of its features include:
- The ability to create projects
- Assign different users to projects
- Attach files to project messages
- Leave comments on tasks or projects
- Create project to-do lists
- Mark projects as complete or incomplete
- Create overall project milestones
There is also a premium version of the plugin, which will extend the functionality of the plugin even further. For example, it includes a drag and drop calendar, the ability to assign specific tasks, archive projects that are complete, the ability to assign user permissions for certain projects, and even simple one-click access to a project’s entire files.
The premium version of the plugin will run $59 for a single website, $99 to cover up to 5 sites, and $199 for use on an unlimited number of sites.
Orbis is feature-packed WordPress plugin for keeping track of the dozens of projects you have running at any given time.
Plus, this plugin is highly customizable, so you can tailor it to the needs of your business without using a bloated plugin. Some of its features include:
- A front-end theme for easy projects access
- Easily add new projects
- Connect clients to specific projects
- Add new pages for related project content
- Assign users to specific projects
- Add clients and related tasks
- A comment system for clients, companies, employees
Beyond the traditional project management features they also include a customer relationship management (CRM) system that will help you easily keep track of your customers.
Best of all, full access to this plugin is entirely free. So you can begin managing your projects right out of the gate.
3. KanBan for WordPress
Kanban for WordPress is an easy-to-use project management tool that helps you add a visual workflow element to your existing projects.
This plugin is multi-use and can help across various aspects of your business, including, content scheduling, sales workflow, project management, and even hiring employees.
This plugin lets different users create, edit, and delete varying tasks and projects. You can easily create and manage boards for specific purposes, like client tasks, in-house content management, and more. Plus, you can include things like completion estimates, and even hours logged on the project.
Some of its features include:
- Real-time collaboration and project review
- Access from mobile devices
- Can filter and search for tasks and assignments
- Ability to easily assign user tasks
- Improved security via separate data storage
Kanban is entirely free and ready to transform your existing workflow right out of the gate.
4. CQPIM WordPress Project Management
CQPIM is a great full-featured project management tool that's perfect for keeping track of client and team projects. This tool will help to streamline communication, so your projects never go off track.
Some of its features include:
- Ability to create to-do lists for individual team members
- Can duplicate and create project clones, so you don't have to start from scratch
- Invoice generation and payment acceptance from inside the plugin
- Ability to track projects, set milestones, and create deadlines
- Create individual client dashboards
This project management plugin can be a great addition to your WordPress site. The full version of this plugin will run you $38. If you're looking for an all-in-one solution to better manage, finish, and invoice for your projects, then this plugin is worth a try.
5. Project Panorama
Project Panorama is a fairly robust project management tool that helps with both project management and client interactions.
It’s a very feature heavy tool, but is designed in a way to improve workflow and relationships, so the tool won’t get in your way. This tool provides you with a unique visual perspective, so you can easily see where all of your projects stand. Plus, you’ll be able to manage and discuss all your projects in a single location, so the details won’t get muddled.
Some of its features include:
- Project cloning for easy project creation
- Progress calculation tool
- Visual project communication
- Unlimited project phases and tasks
- Customized dashboard for specific projects or clients
- Can request changes or approvals on project pages
- Ability to set deadlines and projected deadlines
There is both a Lite and premium version of the plugin. The premium version will run you $59 for a single site, $69 for business accounts, or unlimited access for $119. The premium version is equipped with greater functionality and project information, along with a dedicated support team.
There’s no shortage of options you can choose when trying to find the right project management tools. The above tools are just a small sample of what’s out there.
Spend some time trying out various tools to see what works best for you and your business. The most important thing is that you choose one or two and begin playing with the features. An organized future awaits!
Now over to you, what are your favorite WordPress project management tools? Are there any that you can’t live without?