Blogging is an essential tool for individuals and businesses to connect with their audience & build a strong presence. Moreover, it is also a critical aspect of distributing content to the readers. For the same, FeedBurner was introduced. But the question is, What is Feedburner?
FeedBurner is a web feed management service that offers publishers various tools to distribute, track, and monetize their content using RSS feeds. It was started in 2004 and has been the go-to choice for bloggers looking to distribute their content via RSS feeds.
Later, Google acquired the service in 2007. However, they have been slowly killing it off by removing API access, discontinuing Adsense for feeds, they failed to renew the
feedburner.jp domain, and their social profiles on Twitter and Google+ have been removed.
Moreover, Google stated that they are ending the email subscription service of FeedBurner in 2021, which is the core feature.
Due to these reasons, it’s high time to look for alternatives to Feedburner.
We have researched & curated the 7 best Feedburner alternatives you can rely on for RSS feed and email subscriptions.
- Rapid Feeds
So, let us look at the Feedburner alternatives, their pros & cons, and pricing. You can choose a suitable option as per your requirement.
FeedBlitz is a service that monitors blogs, RSS feeds and Web URLs to provide a greater reach for feed publishers. It takes all the headache out of converting feed and blog updates into email digests, delivered daily to subscribers’ inboxes.
FeedBlitz manages subscriptions, circulation tracking, testing, and is compatible with all major blogging platforms and services such as Blogger, WordPress, FeedBurner, Joomla, Drupal, and Typepad.
Article Continues Below
- The onboarding procedure is great.
- The support is reliable.
- Provides email customization.
- Unfortunately, it doesn’t have a free version.
- User interface is complex.
- The prices may vary depending on the number of subscribers you have.
Follow.it is the best alternative to Feedburner that allows publishers to get more followers & recurring traffic. Besides this, it is one of the most reliable tools that enables users to follow their favorite websites & blogs and get emails directly into their inboxes without worrying about spam.
In other words, it lets users receive a personalized email digest of the latest posts, news, and articles from the websites they follow directly in the email without checking sites daily.
The web-based platform allows you to build email subscription forms for multiple delivery channels and content filters to get recurring traffic. The service is being used by more than 1,23,000 users worldwide, with more than 10 million + followers.
- It offers various customization options to create an email subscription form for various channels.
- You can integrate Follow.it with Zapier, a popular automation tool, and other CRMs.
- The platform lets you optimize delivery times & multichannel delivery for maximum email open rate.
- It provides different subscription options, like email, RSS feed, and web notifications. Users can choose what they want as per their needs.
- The tool offers excellent documentation.
- It doesn’t support various websites & blogs. Therefore, users need to contact the site owner to enable support.
- The platform only sends email digest, which might not be suitable for people wanting emails in real-time.
The basic plan offers unlimited followers & emails. It also has two other plans: cool and super cool. The pricing starts these plans depends on the total number of followers.
Mailchimp is one of the best all-in-one email marketing platforms that allow businesses to create & manage email marketing campaigns, automate marketing workflows, and build their audience. Using this platform, users can create email campaigns, landing pages, social media ads, etc.
The platform’s content optimizer analyzes over 20 million data points to provide tailor-made suggestions for every email. It allows you to identify the ideal customer base and target them effectively.
- It has an intuitive UI and drag-and-drop builder.
- It offers some of the best customizable email templates to choose from. Additionally, automation workflows allow you to save time while creating engaging content for your subscribers.
- The platform integrates well with 300+ tools like Google Analytics, Squarespace Commerce, Zapier, WooCommerce, etc.
- It provides analytics and reporting tools to track the performance of email campaigns, which can help you optimize your marketing efforts.
- It has limited customization options. Hence, it is not recommended if you want advanced-level customization for your campaigns.
- Email scheduling is available for only 30 days only in the free plan.
- It has various pricing options. The free plan allows you to send up to 10,000 emails per month and up to 2,000 contacts. It offers custom branding, A/B testing, and more advanced audience insights.
- The plan starts at $9.99/month and includes all the Free plan features, plus branding, A/B testing, and more advanced audience insights.
- The plan starts at $14.99/month and includes all the features of the Essentials plan and more advanced marketing automation & behavioral targeting.
- The premium plan starts at $299/month and includes all the features of the Standard plan, plus advanced segmentation, multivariate testing, and priority customer support.
FeedPress is one of the best free Feedburner alternatives. The web-based service offers highly accurate RSS feed management and analytics for bloggers, podcasters, and other content creators.
The tool enables you to send the latest news in a customizable way to up to 1,000 subscribers. It also enables podcasters to publish four podcasts every month.
- It has a highly-intuitive and powerful interface.
- The tool enables you to customize your brand to match your website or podcast.
- Get detailed analytics of your subscribers based on their location, device type, etc.
- It helps you to automate your posts or stories on social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, and Buffer.
- Feedburner lets you create and send email subscribers.
- It doesn’t have advanced features like automatic content creation and social media integration.
- It doesn’t have a phone or chat.
- Difficult learning curve.
- It has a free plan. It has a paid plan which costs €9,60 per month.
IFTTTT is a service that lets you create powerful connections with one simple statement: If this, then that. You can use this service to build a custom content delivery system that is triggered by a news item appearing in your RSS feed and then delivering to a variety of outputs, including email, Twitter, Facebook, Evernote, and many others.
- Easy to set up and get started.
- You don’t need to code to make this plugin work.
- It offers smart automation.
- It has limited features.
- Lacking business software integration.
- Standard – $0/forever
- Pro – $3.33/month
- Developer – $199/year
- Team – pay as you grow. Contact for further details
- Enterprise – custom pricing. Contact for further details
6. New Sloth (Previously Feedity)
News Sloth is yet another great replacement of Feedburner. Known before as Feedity, it is a revolutionary service for creating RSS feeds and generating podcast feeds from web pages. Feeds created with Feedity automatically update as new or updated content appears on the source webpage.
It offers a modern feed reader named Newsroom, where all the essential sources are organized in one place.
The tool is used by some of the leading professionals and global businesses like Nikon, Sony, MetLife, IDEO, Deloitte, etc.
- Generated feeds are automatic.
- Adds a start and end tag on each article.
- It offers tons of integrations with third-party services & apps.
- It is pricey.
- Essential – $41/year
- Professional – $139/year
- Enterprise – Contact Team.
Newsroom + Feed Builder
- Essential Plus – $61/year
- Professional Plus – $159/year
- Team/Enterprise – Contact Team.
7. Rapid Feeds
RapidFeeds is a web-based service that aims to provide complete RSS Feed management solutions to publishers and webmasters.
The tool enables you to easily create an RSS feed and manage it. Besides this, it lets you create Podcasts with iTunes support.
More than 81,000 companies, universities, government institutions, and individual websites trust RapidFeeds.
- Powerful FeedManager App.
- Can set up automated tweets.
- Monitor RSS feed performance with smart metrics.
- Get dedicated support.
- Not found.
- Basic – $4.49 per month
- Pro – $6.95 per month
- Enterprise – $13.95 per month. All plans are available with a 14-day free trial.
Feedburner has remained a popular tool for managing and delivering RSS feeds for many years. However, due to its lack of updates and support, users have started looking for alternative options. We hope that you like our list of the best alternatives to Feedburner, such as FeedBlitz, Follow.it, MailChimp, FeedPress, IFTTT, New Sloth, and RapidFeeds.
Each of these options helps you manage their RSS feeds effectively. Ultimately, the best alternative for you will depend on your specific needs and preferences. We recommend trying out a few different options to see which one works best for you.