Email delivery, as we all know, speeds up the process of communicating with customers. It enables internet marketers to send emails, updates, product reviews, and promotions to customers and generate sales.
Email marketing tools allow you to grow your subscriber base and earnings, outperform rivals, and easily attract new customers. WordPress plugins are also needed for automated email distribution.
Here, we have researched and curated a list of the 12 best WordPress mailing list plugins along with their price, and pros & cons. You can check out these plugins, and determine the best one for you.
So, here we begin!
Brevo (Formerly Sendinblue)
Brevo is an all-in-one marketplace platform trusted by more than 5,00,000 companies worldwide. The platform is highly suitable for communicating with contacts and creating stronger customer relationships through targeted and effective communication. It is the best platform for marketing automation, email marketing, SMS marketing, chat, Facebook Ads, CRM, and sending transactional messages through email and SMS. In short, it lets you cover the entire marketing funnel in one go.
The primary benefit of this mailing list plugin is that it is highly flexible, and offers easy automation to grow your business effectively. The workflow editor enables you to create cross-channel campaigns from email to SMS in just a few minutes.
The plugin lets you collect data, and send segment contacts based on behavior, interests, and attributes. It helps you target customers with automated emails, whether for welcoming new customers or sending abandoned cart emails. It eventually saves time, and enables you to scale and expand your business without effort.
- Starts from $25 to $65 per month
- It offers a clean and user-friendly interface that is easy to navigate.
- It provides an email builder with many templates to build signup forms, popup forms, etc
- The plugin even lets you track professional and transactional email and SMS campaigns.
- There is a slight delay when sending messages.
- Scanning the deliverability of lists takes some time.
In 2013, OptinMonster entered the premium email opt-in form plugin market, distinguishing itself from the competition by providing a user-friendly interface, a variety of clean and appealing opt-in form designs, and a new feature that wasn’t commonly available at the time: exit intent.
Article Continues Below
Popup forms are only activated when a visitor is about to leave the site when exit intent is allowed, hence, it quickly earned the plugin praise from users and reviewers alike (especially those opposed to bombarding visitors with popups on each page load).
- Unlimited forms, A/B checking, and one platform for $9 per month (basic, billed annually).
- All in Basic + 2 pages, floating bar, sidebar forms, and more for $19 per month (Plus, billed annually).
- Anything in Plus + 3 pages, 2 sub-accounts, referral detection, exit-intent technology, mobile-specific forms, and more for $29 a month (Pro, billed annually).
- Everything in Pro plus 5 pages, advanced reporting, real-time personalization, on-site retargeting, and more for $49 per month (Growth, billed annually).
- It’s easy to use OptinMonster. They have excellent templates that you can use by copying and pasting HTML/CSS.
- Tracking is a breeze with native Google Analytics integration, and setting triggers is a breeze.
- It is easy to install using WordPress plugins and works perfectly once the API codes are sorted out.
- There are no internal analytics; instead, it depends on a link with Google Analytics, so if you don’t enable it, you won’t be able to see how it’s performing.
- They don’t have an official SendGrid Marketing Campaigns integration.
Omnisend is one of the best email and SMS marketing platforms that comes with a plethora of features to help eCommerce businesses reach new heights. More than 100,000 eCommerce brands across the globe use Omnisend for sending engaging emails and SMS to potential audiences.
It is even one of the most popular mailing list plugins for WordPress sites. The plugin enables you to drive sales with the help of pre-built automation, target the right set of people at the right time, and keep consistent branding across all channels. It even allows you to create popups and forms to convert new subscribers and engage with them.
Lastly, it even provides you with highly detailed campaign & automation reports, and helps you check the sales and performance metrics to make business-driven decisions.
- The price of the WooCommerce plugin depends on the total number of people you are sending emails to.
- To help you understand the pricing, we will consider that you want to email around 250 to 500 people and provide prices accordingly. The free version supports 250 contacts and lets you send 500 emails monthly. The standard plan costs $16 monthly, allowing you to reach 500 contacts and send 6,000 emails monthly. The pro plan costs $59 monthly, lets you reach 2,500 contacts, and sends unlimited emails.
- It has intuitive builders, using which you can create emails, popups, and signup forms efficiently.
- Get a wide range of pre-built templates that you can customize for your email, forms, and popups.
- No-code automation editor enables you to build your customized automated messages.
- Leverage customer data to segment and target campaigns to the right audience at the right time.
- The plugin offers best-in-class customer support through email and live chat.
- The plugin doesn’t allow integrations with Google Analytics and CRM software.
- It only supports the English language.
Bloom is one of the Elegant Themes team’s most common plugins. They disrupted the email opt-in form plugin space in the same way they disrupted the social sharing plugin space with their excellent Monarch and the page builder space with their Divi Builder plugin with its release.
One of the most critical tasks for any blogger or website owner is a growing list of email subscribers. It’s no wonder, that plugins, which can assist WordPress users in this regard are in high demand. When adding email newsletter opt-in forms to your WordPress-powered website, there’s almost definitely a plugin that will work for you, ranging from simple free options to fully-featured premium items.
- $89 a year (Yearly Access): All themes and plugins are included, as well as unrestricted website use.
- Anything in Yearly Access plus lifetime updates and premium support for $249 one-time payment (Lifetime Access).
- Divi, Extra, and Monarch are all available to you.
- There are six different types of displays.
- There are more than 100 design templates available.
- Bloom does not have a separate price (always bundled with other products).
- The pricing structure is restricted.
MailOptin is a plugin specially created to make list-building simple, fast, and efficient. Creating an appropriate opt-in form is a difficult task. However, it’s a crucial component of any good list-building technique.
The potential effect on your email list is tremendous until you can develop beautiful opt-in forms, assess how visitors communicate with them, and monitor the progress of the opt-in forms.
Unlike other options, MailOptin’s suite of event-triggered and automatic emails ensures that the email list users, readers, or customers are constantly engaged.
MailOptin has a lot of features that help you better understand visitor behavior. You can also evaluate the output and run different tests (A/B split testing, for example) to come up with a better alternative, and increase conversions.
- Lite: A free edition with fewer features.
- Standard: It costs $99 per year, and offers an additional lead generation functionality.
- Pro: It costs $249 per year and comes with all the features in the Standard version, email automation, and newsletters.
- An agency plan costs $99 per year. All premium features are included in this option, including LeadBank, scheduling, advanced analytics, WooCommerce & EDD integrations, and more.
- It’s simple to integrate with WordPress, and has a great user interface for creating opt-in campaigns.
- Paid plans are expensive.
- Traditional Lucid design.
Owners of websites of all sizes and specialties will benefit from Getsitecontrol. Its user-friendly features can help increase site visitor interaction and retention.
The tool comes with a nice collection of widgets to help you make the most of your website. These widgets are extremely simple to use and have a large number of features. You can use them to increase site traffic by promoting particular sections or services, creating polls and surveys, converting site visitors into customers, and increasing the number of people who sign up for your email newsletter.
- The plugin costs start from $9 and go up to $29 per month.
- A fantastic template library – There are many pre-built popups to choose from, so you won’t have to spend too much time making them.
- Mobile popups – On mobile devices, your popups can be both appealing and accurate. The architecture of a widget can easily be modified to fit smaller screens, which aids in user engagement and overall satisfaction.
- CSS editor that is easy to use – You can change the size of your widgets using the included CSS editor.
- Payments are made every month, which can add up quickly, particularly if you plan to use the service on several websites.
- You need to upgrade to the premium edition to make the widget appear for exit purposes.
Convert Pro is a WordPress list-building plugin that automates the process of producing leads.
You don’t need any coding skills to develop attractive pop-ups and opt-in forms if you use a good editor.
You can also get your forms live in a few clicks, thanks to an ever-growing library of professionally crafted templates.
- For a one-year license, Convert Pro costs $87, and for a lifetime license, it costs $387. Both of these licenses allow you to use the plugin on unlimited websites.
- One of the best features of the Convert Pro editor is the drag-and-drop GUI for creating call-to-action opt-in types.
- Convert Pro makes lead generation on a mobile device simple and straightforward. You can ensure you’re not creating a difficult-to-navigate WordPress site with badly crafted opt-in popups and boxes on your pages.
- Convert Pro provides models with ideal designs for your WordPress site and is ready to use as soon as you install the plugin.
- Individual website owners pay a high price.
- Editing on a tablet is not possible.
- No animations in the Lightbox.
It’s a little difficult to classify a plugin as an email tool these days. After all, almost every tool comes with a built-in email feature. However, MailPoet is explicitly created to provide your customers with a well-rounded email experience beyond regular welcome emails.
The WooCommerce-focused approach of Mailpoet, the email plugin of choice for over 700,000 WordPress websites, makes it one of the best email plugins for eCommerce store owners.
After installation, the plugin will convert existing data into a list of all your clients, including those who only use a guest account to access your site. Then, at the checkout and other main places where users are most likely to opt-in, you should have GDPR-compliant newsletter sign-ups.
- MailPoet offers a variety of plans at a low cost. It’s completely free until you hit 1,000 subscribers. You’ll have access to almost all the features available to paying (Premium) customers. For up to 1,000 subscribers, it costs $20 a month. The pricing would rise in conjunction with the number of subscribers. However, these plans are much less expensive than most ESPs.
- Creator License costs $16 per month for 1,500 subscribers.
- Business License costs $20 per month for 1,500 subscribers.
- An Agency License costs $60 per month for 1,500 subscribers.
- In-depth Email Marketing Automation for WordPress Sites Integrated Drag and drop Email Designer.
- Email deliverability is excellent (98.5 percent).
- Most WordPress opt-in forms support transactional emails.
- Strict anti-spam enforcement.
- Pricier than email services like Amazon SES and Brevo.
WP Subscribe Pro
WP Subscribe Pro is a plugin that allows you to collect email addresses from visitors in return for anything of value. For example, a coupon code, an infographic, a newsletter, or an eBook may all be used to provide value.
It’s mainly for blogs that want to develop their email list. Not only can email lists increase website visits by bringing back previous users, but they can also be used to run email marketing campaigns to turn visitors into paying customers. So, regardless of niche or vertical, the plugin fits well on both blogs.
WP Subscribe Pro is created and maintained by MyThemeShop. Since entering the WordPress market in 2012, the company has developed over 150 themes and plugins. The business has amassed a vast customer base of over 730,183 people in less than a decade.
- Each plan has the same set of features. The price difference is based on the number of websites:
- $19 for one unlimited sites
- Responsive designs
- Optimized for speed
- 30-day money-back policy
- The dashboard can be confusing for beginners.
Without knowing HTML or CSS, Optin Forms helps you create beautiful opt-in forms for your blog or website. Simply choose an email solution, a form template, and personalize the form’s appearance. Then, with a single mouse click, you can add your form to your posts and pages or use a shortcode to add it to unique posts and pages.
- Free: Five unique layouts, email integration, and more.
- The free option works with a variety of email platforms, including AWeber, MailChimp, GetResponse, and others.
- Form designs are entirely customizable.
- It can be translated using the Translate WordPress Widget.
- There are only five designs available.
- After a period of time, some users indicated that the plugin had stopped working.
Leadpages allows you to build landing pages that they will host and publish on a custom domain for you. Alternatively, you can incorporate landing pages, as well as other conversion-oriented material like pop-ups and warning bars into your WordPress site. You can also use Leadpages to create whole websites, allowing you to establish an online presence for your latest project quickly.
You don’t need much else to get started because your Leadpages account includes hosting for any landing pages and sites you make, as well as a subdomain for that content.
- The standard version comes with a drag-and-drop landing page builder, unlimited traffic & leads, best-in-class conversion tools, 90+ integrations, and more for 1 custom domain at $37 per month (billed annually).
- The Pro version offers everything in the standard version for 3 custom domains and more features at $74 per month (billed annually).
- It even offers an Advanced plan with highly customizable options. The pricing of this depends on your customizations.
- 130+ mobile-friendly designs and flexible billing options.
- Sign-up links that only require one click.
- Pages may be added to any website.
- You could end up paying for features that you don’t need. This is a guide for power users.
Thrive Leads is one of the most exciting WordPress mail list plugins available, which lets you choose from several purpose opt-in forms. It employs a drag-and-drop interface, making it simple to use even for novices. In addition, they allow you to create as many forms as you need.
You can use the A/B testing feature to see which designs work better for your audience. They also have a monitoring feature that lets you track your success.
Thrive Leads also includes a slew of useful features that enhance the overall experience, not only for you but also for your audience.
SmartLinks allows you to customize a call to action based on who is filling out the form. It’s pointless to ask users to subscribe if they’ve already signed up. You should alter the call to action to get them to do something different. After a user signs up, you can use Content Locking to reward them with premium content.
- The standalone Thrive Leads WordPress plugin costs $99 per year.
- Thrive Themes is behind Thrive Leads, which builds many powerful tools to help businesses grow. They even provide a suite with Thrive Leads and 8 more plugins that work well on 5 sites for $299 per year.
- Opt-in types come in a variety of shapes and sizes.
- Make as many types as you’d like.
- Has several useful features built-in.
- It does not provide a package that includes an infinite number of websites.
What’s your favorite WordPress mailing list plugin?
There’s a reason why email marketing is such an important part of many online businesses. Even in the age of social media, there’s no better way to communicate with people directly than via email – particularly if it’s for the company.
As a result, we’d all like to hold as much of the sales pie as possible by minimizing any extra operating costs. Brevo is an excellent tool for accomplishing this. With the free plan, you can try out the tool without risking any money to see if you like it. Then, if necessary, you can switch to a paid plan to gain access to extra features and increased submit volume.
Brevo doesn’t lack any features, so it’s a tool that can help your company expand. The same can be said about the user interface and ease of use.
After all, everyone’s requirements vary, and what works for one person may not work for another. That’s why weighing your choices and considering your long-term objectives is a smart idea before investing in a list-building solution just for the sake of it. Before deciding, think about your budget, and the features you need, and try out a few different choices.
Let us know if you need any help, or just shoot us a line or two!