In this article, we’re going to tell you everything you need to know about WordPress infographics plugins.
Nobody likes websites that are crammed full of text with hardly any images or diagrams. Not only is such content visually unappealing and dull to read, but it is also difficult to present data in a mentally digestible way using words alone. This is where WordPress plugins for infographics step in. These are a quick and easy way of jazzing up your website while helping you to present complex data understandably.
What are Infographics?
Infographics are commonly confused with data visualizations. That is understandable, given that we use both to present data in a visual form. So, when you embed a graph or table in your website, you are really adding a data visualization as opposed to an infographic. For clarity, here is a brief explanation of the two:
These are visual representations of data presented schematically to help readers mentally process it. They give a clear idea of what the data conveys without needing to delve in deeply. They are commonly used in reports to give readers a visual indication of how – for example – a product or company is performing and can often be generated automatically from datasets. Think pie charts, bar graphs, scatter graphs, etc.
These are different from data visualizations in that they represent facts, events, or other data that reflect patterns aligned to a story. They often take the form of a flowchart or timeline and can incorporate data visualizations too. Typically, they are created manually as they will involve just one specific dataset. Infographics often include data visualizations.
For this article, we will present various plugins for data visualizations and infographics, as both are extremely useful and are used to present data in an aesthetically appealing way.
Recommended Plugins for Infographics and Data Visualization
Which plugin you opt for ultimately depends on what you need it to do. If you need to present statistical data, then a data visualization plugin would be appropriate. An infographic plugin would probably be better if you need to tell a story or show a process. And, of course, you can use both plugin types simultaneously if you want.
Article Continues Below
Here is our selection of the best infographics and data visualization plugins for WordPress currently available. Each will help you present data on your site in the most aesthetically pleasing way possible. All have been tested with WordPress 5.8 and are up to date.
WPForms: Drag and Drop WordPress Survey Plugin
WPForms is actually a premium plugin for creating forms. However, what makes it extra versatile is the range of addons available to increase its functionality. One such addon is the Drag and Drop WordPress Survey Plugin, which allows you to incorporate polls and surveys into your website and display the results visually.
Key features of this plugin include:
- Ability to easily convert existing forms into surveys
- Real-time presentation of collected data in various formats (e.g., pie, bar, etc.)
- Interactive survey reports
- Download graphs and charts into formats such as JPG or PDF
- Conditional logic to personalize survey questions based on previously given answers
- Drag and drop survey builder using custom or built-in form templates
- Smart survey fields like multiple-choice, star ratings, etc.
- Embed forms easily into blog posts, pages, sidebar widgets, footers, etc.
- Built-in spam protection
- Device responsive
- Includes all the form building functionality offered by the WPForms plugin
- Updates and support
- 14-day moneyback guarantee.
A free version of WPForms does exist, but the Drag and Drop WordPress Survey Plugin is only available with the Pro version, which currently costs $199.50 per year. However, that is not as expensive as it sounds because you will not only get the survey facility, but you will also get plenty of cool form creation features. What’s more, Pro is good for use on up to five domains.
WPForms is a hugely popular plugin, with an incredible four million downloads and a 4.9/5.0 user rating.
Visualizer is more of a data visualization rather than an infographic plugin. It enables you to embed responsive charts, graphs, and tables within posts and pages on your website. A particularly nice feature of the tables is visitors to your site can search and sort them.
Key features of the free version of Visualizer include:
- Create and embed responsive, interactive tables and charts into posts and pages
- Produce charts directly from tables
- Chart types include line, area, bar, column, pie, geo, table, bubble, and scatter
- Wide range of customization options
- Google Charts tools
- Import data (CSV, Excel, Google Sheets, etc.)
- Supports Gutenberg
Upgrading to Visualizer Pro will cost you between $59 and $299 per year, depending on how many domains you have. Lifetime subscriptions are also available, and those cost $159 to $799. All Visualizer Pro subscriptions provide the following additional features:
- Ability to import data from other tables, charts, graphs, and databases
- Create charts from posts, pages, products, etc.
- Additional chart types, namely combo, gauge, timeline, candlestick, radar/spider, and polar area
- Periodic synchronization of data
- Excel-like data editor
- Private charts with customizable permissions
- Ability to allow site visitors to edit charts
- Updates and support
- 30-day moneyback guarantee
Visualizer is a hugely popular plugin with over 40,000 downloads currently active. Equally impressive is the average user rating of 4.5/5.0 stars.
Timeline and History Slider
You can guess from the name that Timeline and History Slider gives you the ability to add timelines or history sliders to your WordPress website. These are perfect for depicting things like ancestries, evolutions (of man, companies, pop bands, etc.), life stories, event histories, etc.
Key features the free version of the plugin gives you include:
- Insert timelines wherever you want them using shortcode
- Add titles, content, and featured images as with WordPress posts
- Works with Gutenberg shortcode block
- Several configuration options including slide speed, number of slides to display, loop, fade, autoplay, etc.
- Lazy-loading of images
The premium version costs $119 per year or $149 for a lifetime subscription. That may sound expensive, but that is because you get a bundle of other tools and plugins, including sliders, utilities, as well as marketing and security tools. Premium subscriptions enhance the functionality of the timelines and history slider element with:
- Additional shortcodes for horizontal and vertical timeline sliders
- Over 12 designs of timeline
- Timeline category management
- Timeline scrolling navigation
- Supports Elementor, Beaver, SiteOrigin, Gutenberg, Divi, Fusions, Visual Composer, and WPBakery
- WordPress templating features
- 24/7 support and updates throughout the subscription period
- 14-day refund policy
Over 6,000 active downloads of the Timeline and History slider are in operation, and the plugin has been rated 4.3/5.0 stars by users.
iList Infographic Maker
iList Infographic Maker is a plugin that allows you to add responsive lists, charts, and graphs to your website with minimal effort. You can easily embed charts and graphs into your lists, while shortcodes allow you to place the infographic exactly where you want it to appear.
The free version of the plugin includes these key features:
- Create unlimited iLists
- 14 built-in responsive templates – simply add your text and images
- Create text or graphic lists and infographics
- SEO friendly
- Infographics are embeddable, meaning others can share them on their websites
- User interaction is possible via voting for individual infographics or list items
- Customizable colors and fonts
- Compatible with Gutenberg and Elementor
iList Pro Personal costs $24 per year for a single site. Alternatively, you can opt for iList Pro Master, a lifetime subscription costing $65 (once only) for up to 100 sites. Features of these plans include the following:
- Create multi-page listicles with unique URLs and advertising space (for monetization)
- Shortcode generator
- Infographic block for Gutenberg
- Over eighty built-in templates, customizable from the active theme’s folder
- Create dynamic image or text lists
- Preview in the WordPress backend
- Save infographics as images
- Wide range of customization and configuration options, including Google fonts
- Add charts and graphs to iLists
- Google ChartJS implementation with HTML5, responsive charts, and graphs
- iChart editor button for creating charts on any page even without an iList
- Social media sharing and user upvoting
- Custom CSS
- Option to allow others to embed your infographics on their website with a backlink to yours (for SEO)
- Priority support and updates throughout the subscription period
iList Infographic Maker currently has over 1,000 active downloads in existence, and users have rated it 4.3/5.0 stars.
Draw Attention allows you to create interactive images on your website. The range of applications for this plugin is extensive. For example, you could have a floor plan of a museum, with each exhibition space being clickable to display details of the exhibits. Another application would be a city tourist map with popups giving details of attractions in various clickable areas. Or you could have a pie chart with clickable segments explaining what each slice means.
In its free form, Draw Attention includes some handy features:
- Device responsive
- SEO friendly – the plugin makes use of canvas elements in modern browsers but can also use image maps in older browsers
- Customizable colors
- Highlight hotspot areas on hover
- Easily add the areas to highlight by simply ‘drawing’ around them
- Information is displayed when clicking highlighted area, or you can redirect visitors to another URL
The downside of the free version is it only allows one interactive image per site. If you want more than that, you will need to upgrade to the Pro version. That costs $74 per year for a single domain, while unlimited domains cost $124 per year. Those prices also add the following additional functionality:
- Unlimited highlightable and clickable areas
- Unlimited interactive images
- 20 pre-defined color palettes or you can create your own custom color scheme
- Six different layout options for the highlighted areas, including lightbox and tooltip
- Support and updates throughout the subscription period
Draw Attention is a fantastic plugin that has been downloaded over 10,000 times. What’s more, it has an excellent user rating of 4.8/5.0 stars.
Qi Addons for Elementor
Qi Addons for Elementor is a toolbox of useful extras to enhance Elementor. Included in the toolbox is a suite of infographic addons that can really help jazz up your website.
The best thing about Qi Addons for Elementor is it is entirely free with no premium upgrades available. However, that doesn’t mean it skimps on features. For the infographics addon alone, you get:
- Counters for portraying achievements numerically
- Radial progress bars to give visual representations of operation progressions
- Horizontal or vertical progress bars to show process progressions in horizontally or vertically arranged modifiable bars,
- Display any type of process divided into vertical or horizontal customizable stages
- Present data in chart form, including line, bar, pie, and donut
This plugin includes a total of over 60 widgets. In addition to the infographics, you also get addons for:
- Typography (e.g., blockquotes, buttons, calls to action, message boxes, etc.)
- Business (e.g., pricing tables, client lists, banners, carousels, etc.)
- Showcases (e.g., timelines, sliders, galleries, countdowns, etc.)
- Creative (e.g., frames, galleries, sliders, showcases, etc.)
- SEO (e.g., FAQs, how-to schema, table of contents)
- WooCommerce (e.g., products lists, sliders, categories, etc.)
- Form styling
That’s a rather impressive list of features for a freebie. Of course, this plugin only works with Elementor, so it won’t be useful to you if you are not a fan of that. However, if it is your page builder of choice, this could be a beneficial addition to your website.
Qi Addons for Elementor has an excellent 4.8/5.0 stars user rating, and over 30,000 active downloads currently exist.
Like Qi Addons for Elementor, Element Pack is not just an infographic or data visualization plugin. Instead, it is a bundle of addons that greatly expand the functionality of the popular page builder. In fact, it includes over 190 widgets, 230 pages, 1700 blocks, and 250 headers and footers.
As the focus of this article is infographics, we need to mention that one of the widgets included in this plugin is “Honeycombs.” This allows you to create those neat honeycomb-style infographics you see on many websites. Features of this widget include:
- Create honeycomb-style blocks for displaying things like statistics, information, icons, or logos
- Hovering over a honeycomb cell reveals the hidden information behind it
- Cells can also be clickable to take the visitor to another URL
- CSS filters with icons
- Reverse CSS filters
- Range of icons to choose from
- Updates and support
- 30-day moneyback guarantee
Unfortunately, the free version of this plugin does not include the Honeycombs widget, so you will need to buy a Pro plan to get it. Depending on how many licenses you need, those cost between $29 and $179 per year, and lifetime subscriptions between $79 and $479. Those prices may sound high, but you need to remember that in addition to the Honeycomb widget, you are also getting tons of others that add a considerable amount of functionality to your Elementor page builder.
And like Qi Addons for Elementor, Element Pack also has a 4.8/5.0 stars user rating and over 30,000 active downloads.
Yup, you guessed it, this plugin allows you to add classy, easy-to-understand timelines to your website. These can be either horizontal (as in the picture above) or vertical.
Making a timeline couldn’t be simpler – all you need to do is create posts, set images and dates, and Cool Timeline will automatically populate the posts in chronological order based on the year and date of stories. Additionally, the timelines can be displayed anywhere on your site using shortcode.
The free version of Cool Timeline is surprisingly feature-rich, as you get:
- Gutenberg block, compact, clean, and horizontal roadmap timeline layouts
- Vertical timelines can be one or both sided (i.e., ‘branches’ on either side of the timeline)
- Five vertical and one horizontal timeline design with one animation effect
- Timeline images can be displayed in popups or linked to the whole story
- Configurable icons, story background custom colors, year circle custom colors, etc.
- Optional ‘read more’ button for full story page
- Display stories in DESC or ASC order
- Translation ready (already translated into German, French, Indonesian, and Italian
- Generate the timeline shortcode using the TinyMCE button or use Gutenberg ready blocks
- Device responsive
- Developer friendly, so if you are comfortable coding, you can customize the timeline story default query
The Pro version of Cool Timeline costs just $25 and adds loads of extra features, including:
- 20 vertical and 15 horizontal timeline designs with 15 animation effects
- Four layouts (vertical, vertical compact, vertical one-side, and horizontal)
- Several design options and two skins (light or dark)
- Wide range of customization and configuration options, including colors, fonts, etc.
- Add videos and images to timelines.
- Add multiple different timelines to a website
- Dates can be in any format or replaced with custom labels
- Category based timeline filters
- Scrolling navigation – allows visitors to move to a particular time point on the timeline quickly
- FontAwesome or custom image icons
- Updates and six months of developer support (extendable to a full year for an extra $7.50)
We think the free version of Cool Timeline is excellent and would be a good choice if you want to add a clean, simple timeline to your website. However, the Pro version offers outstanding value, given its extra functionality for very little money.
Demonstrations of most of the timeline types are available on the plugin website. Popularity-wise, Cool Timeline has been downloaded from the WordPress directory 20,000 times, and it has achieved a user rating of 4.6/5.0 stars.
What’s your favorite WordPress Infographic Plugin?
Infographic and data visualization plugins are a great way of adding high-impact charts, graphs, timelines, flowcharts, and the like to your website. They can reduce the amount of text, leaving your content looking clean and uncluttered. What’s more, your site visitors will appreciate seeing data and facts presented in a clear, easy-to-understand way.
Have you got any infographics or data visualizations on your WordPress website or blog? If so, have you installed a plugin to create them, and which did you use? Do you have a particular favorite? We’d love it if you were to tell us in the comments section below.