After creating a WordPress website, you might think your work is over. But in reality, it’s not. Because visitors have many questions regardless of the size & type of your website, they usually avoid digging around and prefer getting their questions answered quickly. If you want your website to survive & thrive, you need to resolve their queries instantly.
Thankfully, you can serve your visitors well with chatbots. You might already be familiar with a chatbot, a program at the bottom-right of a website that conducts basic conversion via chat. Integrating a chatbot into the website might feel overwhelming, but it is effortless. You can achieve the same with the help of a WordPress plugin.
Here is a detailed WordPress Chatbot guide that you can rely on to get answers to the essential questions. We will first look at the basics of chatbots, the benefits of integrating chatbots into your website, how to integrate plugins, and a list of the best WordPress Chatbot Plugins.
Without further ado, let’s get the ball rolling.
What is a Chatbot?
A chatbot is a software tool that leverages Artificial Intelligence to mimic human speech and provoke conversations through a chat interface. For example, Amazon Alexa, Apple’s Siri, Microsoft Cortana, etc.
It is one of the best automatic alternatives to live chat. In the case of live chat, you need people 24*7 to answer users’ queries, which is time-consuming and costly. Moreover, people become overwhelmed by replying to multiple users simultaneously. In the case of chatbots, they can handle multiple users at the same time and save you time & cost.
Benefits of Integrating WordPress Chatbots for Businesses
Now, we will look at some of the crucial benefits of integrating chatbots into your WordPress website.
Provide 24*7 Support
According to a report, around 50% of people worldwide expect a business to be available 24*7. However, not every business can offer support to customers 24*7. But with the chatbot, round-the-clock support is possible, and it is one of the primary benefits of a chatbot.
Firstly, round-the-clock support enables customers to get answers to common questions anytime. Secondly, it enables the customers to register a query or complaint that chatbots are unable to solve.
Offering Personalized Experience to Users
Chatbots can transform the entire experience of the customers. They store users’ data and interaction history to offer product recommendations and best offers or suggest any action users need to perform according to their needs. Besides this, if an account login feature is available on a website, chatbots use all the available data of customers to offer a highly-personalized user experience.
Article Continues Below
If we consider customer service, chatbots save names, ticket numbers, and the particular issue of the customer. It later provides a personalized solution according to the customer’s requirements.
Chatbots are highly beneficial for landing-page websites as their user experience is not up to the mark. On these sites, chatbots can first understand users well by asking and then offer a personalized experience to them.
Enhance Customer Interaction & Engagement
Communicating with the customers when they contact you is not sufficient to increase interaction & engagement. You must ensure that users return to your website and remain engaged. Manual interaction with the customers is not a viable idea. However, you can initiate a conversation by integrating a chatbot without hindrance.
You can also make a highly-optimized marketing strategy and present it to your customers after initiating a conversation. It will not only enhance engagement but also helps you to generate more sales and revenue.
Gather New Subscribers for Newsletter
Chatbots urge new users to subscribe to the newsletter by sharing its benefits as soon as they visit the website. Many people, knowing the benefits of a newsletter, subscribe to it. This way, chatbots help any website gather new subscribers for the newsletter.
Forward Visitors to Beneficial Resources
Have you already published various blogs, articles, pages, call to action, etc., on your website that are beneficial for the users? If yes, it’s time to redirect users to these beneficial resources.
Chatbots can understand the visitors’ queries well, answer their questions directly, and redirect them to essential resources for further clarification. To ensure that chatbots perform this task properly, it’s necessary to train them.
Enhance Business Workflow & Productivity
There are times when the customer is willing to buy a product or service, but they want answers to some simple questions. However, if they aren’t able to find these answers quickly, they leave the website or store. If there is a customer service representative to answer these basic questions, it will increase the cost of a business.
The best way to get through this is to integrate a chatbot, which will answer all the straightforward questions effectively. In addition, it will remain in touch with the customers and take no breaks or vacations. In the end, chatbots improve the workflow of the business and increase the productivity of the employees by helping them to focus on more essential tasks.
How to Install Chatbot on WordPress?
Installing a chatbot on WordPress can be an easy and effective way to meet your business goals.
But before you install any of the WordPress chatbots, you should have a clear purpose regarding the chatbot. For instance, do you need a chatbot to answer your common questions or a chatbot to generate leads? It would be best if you chose a suitable WordPress chatbot based on your business and product or service requirements.
Thankfully, there are chatbots for each & every purpose.
As of now, we will provide you with the step-by-step process to install a chatbot on WordPress.
Find the Best WordPress Chatbot Plugin
The first & foremost step when installing a chatbot is to find it. As you already have your website on WordPress, you would be familiar with the wide range of robust & easy-to-use plugins offered by the website-building tool.
You have two options to find the best WordPress chatbot plugin for your business. Firstly, you can visit the WordPress plugins directory and look for WordPress chatbot plugins. There are many different plugins available, and it’s important to select one that matches your needs. To choose the one, check out the ratings, reviews, total number of installations, and more.
Secondly, you can visit the WordPress dashboard section and find the most suitable plugin per your needs. For the same, you should check out all the features & functionalities, support, etc.
Before choosing any chatbot plugins, you should also check the pricing. Some of them are free, and some are paid. Therefore, knowing the pricing before installing the plugin is important.
If you want a custom plugin for your business, you can reach out to highly-skilled WordPress developers to create a custom WordPress chatbot for your website.
Install the WP Plugin
Once you have downloaded the plugin, you can easily install it onto your WordPress site by following the instructions.
Typically, this involves going into the admin area of WordPress and clicking “Add New” under Plugins in the left-hand menu. Doing this will open up a page where you can upload the plugin’s zip file or search for it directly using its name or author.
Configure & Customize Your Chatbot
Once you have installed the plugin, it’s time to configure it. Here, it usually involves entering an API key, allowing your chatbot to communicate with the backend of WordPress.
You may also need to do some additional setup depending on what type of chatbot you are using and where it will be located on your website.
After configuring your chatbot, it’s time to customize the messages according to your requirements. Here, it would be best if you made messages that spread positive customer experience effectively and with absolute clarity.
The primary purpose behind offering tailored messages via chatbots to customers is to help them find their desired information without any hindrance. A chatbot should provide information without clicks, and responses should be to the point.
Your chatbot should include welcome greetings, offering details, providing solutions, asking relevant questions, remaining apologetic, and exciting conversations. There are chatbots that offer templates for all of these things.
Test Your Chabot & Make it Live
After customizing the chatbot according to your business needs, you should test it thoroughly. To start with, you should roleplay like a visitor to your store.
Check how your chatbot is performing with different types of personalities. It helps you to identify all the loopholes that are still present in your chatbot. You can rectify all the errors and then integrate the updated version into your website.
7 Best Chatbots for WordPress
Here are some of the best chatbots you can integrate into your WordPress website.
Tidio is one of the leading WordPress chatbot plugins. It is also one of the best platforms that helps small and medium businesses to expand their sales with the help of excellent customer service. The chatbot can easily be integrated with emails, live chat, or messenger.
The WordPress plugin enables you to resolve essential customer queries, design funnels that can lead to conversations, and follow up on the leads regularly. In short, the plugin automates the entire team’s workflow.
Here, you can use a single dashboard to communicate with customers. When you are not available, chatbots will handle the customers easily.
In this plugin, you get building blocks that you can leverage to create chatbots according to your business. The plugin allows you to handle customers via a mobile app whenever you are traveling.
Key Features of Tidio
- Quick & easy-to-integrate WordPress plugin.
- It offers 35+ pre-designed eCommerce templates that you can utilize to create your own chatbots.
- The plugin is available in more than 183 languages, of which 21 are already pre-translated.
- Collect all the essential details of the customers automatically.
- Utilize the chatbot you created in lively conversations with the customers.
- Reduce cart abandonment rate by sending automatic pop-up messages whenever customers leave the website.
- It allows you to get a review from the customer before closing the chat.
- A free plan is best suited for startups.
- The communicator plan costs $15.83 per month and is suitable for medium-scale businesses.
- Chatbot’s plan starts at $32.50 per month, and it is best suited for businesses that want automation on a huge scale.
- The Tidio+ plan starts at $240.83 per month and works well for progressive businesses that need highly scalable features and dedicated support.
Botpress is an open-source conversational AI platform especially built for developers. It comes with a drag-and-drop visual builder from which developers can choose pre-built conversation flows and widgets and customize them according to their needs. Moreover, it comes with 4 pre-built templates that you can use to build chatbots.
The plugin offers one simple API that looks after various powerful features like spell checking, intent extraction, language identification, entity extraction, and slot tagging.
Additionally, Botpress offers a powerful SDK for developers who want to extend the platform with additional components or customize their own. It also comes with a REST API, so developers can easily integrate it into other applications or use it with other services. The platform also offers a wide range of plugins that add extra functionality to the chatbot experience. These include tools such as sentiment analysis, human handoff features, and more.
Botpress plugin is very popular worldwide, with more than 9.9k stars on GitHub and 3.5k active community members. Thousands of leading companies worldwide, like Zoom, Shell, HSBC, etc., rely on this plugin to build custom chatbots for their business.
Key Features of Botpress
- It comes with a natural language understanding (NLP) engine that allows chatbots in a business to learn over time by observing user conversations and improving their responses accordingly.
- The conversation studio by Botpress offers a user-friendly interface that you can leverage to design conversation flow and workflow automation.
- Keep track of customer conversations using Botpress’s built-in analytics dashboard, which provides an overview of user interactions and insights into performance over time.
- Botpress enables you to create chatbots for multiple channels like Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, Telegram, Slack, etc.
- The platform supports 157 languages and comes with 12 one-click implementation languages.
- The free plan is suitable for startups and small businesses.
- BootPress standard plan works according to pay-per-usage plan. It costs $0.005 per incoming message.
- BootPress enterprise plan comes with high-level security & support. The pricing of this plan depends on the business needs. It is suitable for enterprise-grade businesses.
3. IBM Watson Chatbot
IBM Watson Chatbot is a well-known AI platform that enables businesses to quickly build and deploy conversational interactions in any application, device, or channel.
The chatbot is developed using natural language understanding (NLU), natural language processing (NLP), and machine learning (ML) to become familiar with questions, automatically deliver reliable answers, and fulfill’s user’s intended action.
The chatbot has built-in information about several industries and utilizes the input to complete crucial tasks. Additionally, the platform includes powerful tools for training the bot with real-world data sets, enhancing its ability to learn from customer interactions.
Key Features of IBM Watson Chatbot
- It offers a user-friendly and intuitive interface that allows your team to create virtual agents that know how to resolve customer problems or adapt to a specific situation.
- IBM Watson Conversation also provides a comprehensive analytics dashboard allowing businesses to monitor engagement data such as conversation success and user satisfaction rates. It helps them better understand how their chatbot performs to improve its effectiveness over time.
- It offers context-based message routing and story-telling capabilities that enable customers to have more meaningful conversations with the bot.
- Rich responses offered by the assistant enable you to include images, click-able responses, and pauses, ensuring to make conversation is quick & interactive with the customers.
- It is easy to integrate the plugin with any web page, like the homepage, landing page, or more.
The IBM Watson Assistant provides a free plan. Besides this, there is also a paid plan with pricing starting from $140 per month. Further, it also offers a custom pricing plan depending on the team size.
4. Microsoft Bot Framework
It is an extensive framework for developing enterprise-level conversational experiences. The bots developed using the framework work well across various platforms like text/sms, Skype, Facebook Messenger, Slack, and more.
It offers Azure cognitive services, which you can leverage to build bots that can easily speak, listen, understand and learn from the users effectively. Besides this, there are various open-source SDKs and tools that you can use to create bots that connect well with the users.
The framework also supports deep learning algorithms like recurrent neural networks (RNN) and long short-term memory networks (LSTM), allowing developers to use more advanced AI technologies in their bot applications.
For developers unfamiliar with a chatbot, Microsoft also offers support for its Bot Framework through its Developer Network website, where users can find tutorials and advice from other experienced developers.
Key Features of Microsoft Bot Framework
- The framework comes with pre-loaded templates with powerful AI models that allow the bot to “understand” user input and respond accordingly.
- It has a debugging toolkit, enabling developers to quickly identify bugs or errors in their chatbot code before deploying it into production.
- It supports several languages, including English, Spanish, German, French, Italian, and Portuguese, making it easier for businesses to develop multi-language chatbots.
- The platform includes an analytics dashboard that provides detailed insights into how users are interacting with their bots so they can make adjustments or improvements as needed.
The Microsoft Bot Framework offers 10000 messages per month in its free plan. To get more messages, it costs $0.5 per 1000 messages.
5. Amazon Lex
Amazon Lex is an AI-powered chatbot platform created by Amazon that enables developers to quickly create conversational agents for their websites, mobile applications, and other messaging platforms.
It uses natural language processing (NLP) technologies to understand user input and generate appropriate responses. With its powerful NLP engine, Amazon Lex provides a deep understanding of the sentiment expressed in a user’s statement and intent recognition capabilities that enable developers to deliver personalized experiences based on the information provided.
The platform enables you to automate various information responses to frequently asked questions by designing conversational solutions. These solutions can be enhanced for technology support, HR, finance, or more. The platforms help improve employees’ productivity by integrating powerful chatbots into the website.
- It includes features such as automatic speech recognition and text-to-speech conversion that allow bots to communicate with users using natural language.
- It also includes custom slot types that allow developers to define specific parameters within conversations and capture relevant user data.
- Amazon Lex has built-in analytics tools which enable developers to analyze conversation logs and gain valuable insights into customer behavior. This helps them identify areas of improvement and optimize their bots for better performance over time.
- The platform provides real-time feedback on how users are engaging with their chatbots so that they can take corrective measures if needed.
- It offers contact-center transcripts, which you can use to create a chatbot design quickly. Also, it helps to speed up the chatbot development.
There is no free trial available. The pricing starts from $0.004 per speech request. It costs $0.0065 per speech interval for stream conversation.
Chatfuel is one of the most robust bot-building platforms that allows individuals and enterprises to create AI conversational bots. It is effortless to understand and manage and requires no programming skills.
The platform offers a visual flow builder to create chatbots. Besides the visual flow builder, it also offers a highly intuitive block builder that enables you to build bots block-by-block without any hindrance.
It integrates well with Facebook, Instagram, and the website. With this platform, businesses can schedule their appointment on Facebook, get funding from Instagram, and direct users to buy from their websites.
It consists of more than 7m+ clients all over the world since 2015. Some leading companies using Chatfuel include Lego, Adidas, Netflix, NIVEA, VISA, and more. If you are starting with chatbots, it offers step-by-step documentation to create modern chatbots for your website and integrate them well. Moreover, you get the support of 70k members available on its Facebook community.
Key Features of Chatfuel
- It has a minimal and super-clean user interface which allows you to build attractive chatbots.
- The platform offers various built-in templates for sales & customer support. The sales templates enable you to get leads through different mediums, qualify them, and do other things on autopilot. The customer support templates allow you to recommend products, answer FAQs, etc., to handle customers efficiently.
- It has an inherent CRM system that allows you to analyze the customers and segment your audience. Further, you can schedule messages for the audience.
- It consists of a built-in live chat integration. Moreover, the platform easily integrates with Google Sheets, Zapier, Integromat, and Webhooks.
- The platform offers abandoned cart recovery integration with Shopify. With this, you can recover the customers that have left the cart without making a purchase.
It offers a free plan with 50 conversations. The cost of Chatfuel starts at $15 per month and goes up to $60 per month.
Drift is a popular cloud-based live chat and chatbot among B2B. Besides this, Drift is a robust conversational marketing platform that allows you to connect with customers at the right time and place and make the right conversations. In short, it allows you to gather qualified leads, interact with the leads and get more sales for the business.
Drift provides an API for developing apps, modifying the chat widget, or providing steps to integrate it with the website. The API provides essential functionality like segment integration, conversation sidebar, and more.
The chatbot is used by leading companies worldwide, like Airtable, Gitlab, Canva, Grammarly, and more. Its SDK is available for the web, Android, and iOS.
Key Features of Drift
- The chatbot allows you to perform real-time chat with prospects and customers. It is mainly meant to offer support to visitors and generate leads.
- There is a personalized playbooks feature using which you can collect cookies and IP data to offer a tailor-made experience to visitors. However, it is available in the Premium plan only.
- Its contact feature allows you to sort contacts depending on the attributes or events. For instance, email or chat.
- Drift provides you with around 50 third-party integrations. Out of which, it allows you to connect with Zapier, which helps you to build integrations for more than 3,000 apps.
- It allows you to schedule meetings on Google Calendar or Microsoft instantly using the chatbot.
- Get real-time notifications of the prospects on your slack, mobile desktop, or browser to avoid the repetition of messages and instantly connect with the prospects.
- Drift offers detailed reporting and tracking of the data. There are reports on team performance, conversation volume, routing rules, email playbooks, sales information, and more.
The pricing of Drift starts at $2500 per month for the premium plan. Apart from this, there are two other plans, Advance and Enterprise, whose cost depends on the business requirement.
Chatbots have become a need of the hour for customers & businesses. Customers like chatbots to get instant answers to their questions. On the other side, businesses leverage chatbots to offer top-notch customer support, streamline sales, provide product recommendations, collect customer data, and more. In short, chatbots help businesses to provide a personalized shopping experience and grow in their industry quickly.
Here we conclude the list of the best chatbots for WordPress. We hope that you liked our list of free and paid chatbots for WordPress. It’s time to decide on a suitable chatbot that satisfies your business needs.
If you have a low budget and no-coding skills, it’s always better to choose a platform that has a drag-and-drop builder to create customized chatbots that resolve customers’ queries and reflects your brand’s voice. If you have no worries with your budget, choose any suitable WordPress chatbot according to your needs.