If you are running a restaurant, you would probably have your own website. Restaurant websites have evolved over the years and don’t just focus on the offering menu and contact details. They now share enticing photos of the restaurant, its sense of style, a story about how it came into existence, and more to ensure visitors are familiar with what they will experience.
If your competitors have a great restaurant website, it’s time to optimize your site. WordPress offers some of the best restaurant themes you can leverage to build a stunning website. But your work doesn’t get over there. It would help if you had some of the best WordPress plugins for restaurants to manage your site. Besides this, restaurant plugins allow you to capture and manage table and event bookings easily.
To simplify your task, we have curated the list of the most popular restaurant WordPress plugins.
So, let’s start.
If you’re looking for a reliable online ordering system for WordPress, Orderable might just be the right plugin for you. Orderable helps local restaurants and retail shops take complete control of their revenue. Unlike many third-party ordering applications and websites that charge steep fees for every transaction, this plugin lets you take orders online completely free of charge.
Since it’s beginner-friendly, you can easily create your online ordering system in no time. With Orderable, you’ll have full control over your checkout from setting your delivery fees to adding your desired payment methods. The plugin is also mobile responsive, providing users with a seamless experience on any device.
The Orderable plugin has a free version with all the necessary core features. Some of its key features include:
- Zero fees
- Looks great on any device
- Smooth ordering process
- Customizable detailed online menu
- Seamless order management
- Full checkout control
If you want to add more functionality to your site, you can upgrade to Orderable Pro. The premium version costs $149 for a single site license. It gives you access to a suite of revenue-boosting features, including:
- Product Addons
- Order Bumps
- Time Slots
- Order Flow
- Custom Checkout
- Checkout Tipping
- Timed Products
- and more
The Orderable plugin is relatively new, with over 2000 active installations on WordPress.org. Its users rated it 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Article Continues Below
Bookly is not a dedicated restaurant booking system. It is, in fact, a general booking plugin that can be used in many different applications, restaurants being one of them.
This plugin allows customers to make table reservations online, regardless of their device. Once created, the booking is automatically confirmed by email and SMS; it is possible to send SMS reminders nearer the time.
The free version includes the following key features:
- Unlimited number of customizable booking forms
- Various calendar view options in the admin panel
- Customer and booking list management with filters, search, and sort
- Variable booking slot durations
- Customizable notifications
- WPML multi-language integration
Bookly Pro costs $89 for a lifetime license. That adds the following features:
- More customization options
- Social media logins
- Unlimited staff members with individual schedules
- Payments gateways
- More email templates
- Google Calendar and WooCommerce compatible
- Customer list import and export
- Paid add-ons for additional customization
- Six months of support and all future updates
Due to the fact, it has so many different applications, Bookly is immensely popular, with over 50k active downloads. Users have rated it 4.5/5.0 stars.
3. Restaurant Menu by MotoPress
Restaurant Menu by MotoPress is a free plugin that allows you to integrate a food ordering system into your website, even an existing one. It is suitable for all kinds of food and drink establishments.
The user-friendly restaurant menu WordPress plugin lets you manage various things on your website. It offers an excellent experience for your customers, thanks to easy online ordering and payment.
Key features of the Restaurant Menu include:
- Embed customizable in posts, pages, sidebars, or widget zones
- Grid and list layouts
- List items by category, including children’s categories with descriptions.
- Show individual menu items under different categories
- Sortable menu items and categories
- The plugin allows you to customize your website’s add-to-cart, buy buttons, tax rates, etc.
- Menu import and export
- Online payments (PayPal) or cash on delivery
- Customer order status tracking
The plugin has over 4000+ downloads and got 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Thanks to three available add-ons offered by the same developer, it is possible to expand the functionality of the Restaurant Menu even further:
- Restaurant Menu Cart (free) shows a shopping cart in the menu bar
- Restaurant Menu Delivery (from $49) manages delivery and pick-up services per customers’ needs
- Restaurant Menu Toppings (from $49) allows you to sell extra food ingredients and drinks along with menu items
We think that Restaurant Menu is an excellent option for adding online ordering capability to your restaurant website. It gives you great functionality for free, and even the add-ons are reasonably priced.
4. Five Star Restaurant Reservations
Five Star Restaurant Reservations is one of the most popular plugins for accepting online table bookings, boasting 10k active downloads and a user score of 4.7/5.0 in the WordPress plugin directory. What’s more, the plugin allows you to accept or reject bookings, send email confirmations, allow bookings only within predetermined periods, and much more.
The free version of Five Star Restaurant Reservations gives you the following great set of features:
- Create a custom, mobile responsive reservation form
- Gutenberg block and shortcodes to insert the form where you want it
- Confirm or reject bookings and send automatic customer notifications by email
- Automatic email notifications when booking requests are submitted
- Alter bookings from the admin panel
- Ban undesirable customers
- Configurable party sizes
- Option for a mandatory phone number to secure a booking
For small to medium-sized restaurants, those features may be sufficient. However, larger businesses would probably benefit from the Premium version, as it adds several features to help further streamline and automate the booking process:
- Additional customization options, including fields dietary requirements, special requests, etc.
- More email customization options and automatic booking confirmations
- Integration with MailChimp
- Export bookings (PDF, Excel, or CSV)
- Configurations for the length of dining blocks and the maximum number of reservations.
- Front-end bookings page with real-time guest check-in
- Six months of support and updates
Five Star Restaurant Reservations Premium costs between $67 and $397, depending on how many sites you need to cover.
Even greater functionality comes with the Ultimate subscription. It costs $297 per year for one site and adds:
- Booking and late arrival reminders by SMS and email
- Accept reservation deposits
- Selection and assignment of tables
In our opinion, Five Star Restaurant Reservations is one of the best plugins for restaurants of any size, as it offers a wide range of useful features and plenty of flexibility. The same developer has additional plugins that may interest you, all with great features and excellent reviews. Those are: Five Star Restaurant Reviews
WP Cafe is one of the most popular restaurant WordPress plugins. It is an all-in-one restaurant management system that enables you to look after your restaurant and make sales to generate good revenue. The plugin combines booking capture and management with menus, food ordering, pick-up, and delivery capabilities. It works with WooCommerce, so it won’t be helpful if your site is not running that.
The extensive features bundled with the free version include:
- Get 33+ pre-made food menu templates.
- Set max seat capacity and automate the reservation system based on available seats.
- Present the best-selling food items under the dedicated menu to the customers.
- Front and backend management of bookings and cancellations
- Bookings can be created or canceled by customers in the frontend
- Integrated online ordering system for delivery and takeaway orders
- Responsive online menus
- Customizable Ajax mini cart
- Shortcodes, Elementor widgets, and Gutenberg blocks
Not bad for free, right?
An upgraded Pro version costs $59 per year or $149 for a lifetime subscription. That brings additional features, including:
- The reservation list is displayed in the admin dashboard
- Display and print reservation details
- Booking for special days
- Automatic date and time restrictions
- Scheduling widget
- More options for placing the booking form on your site
- Extra menu and takeaway/delivery system functions
- Support and updates
Even with a low budget, WPCafe is a neat way of automating your restaurant business. Users have given it a full 4.5/5.0 stars and over 7k active downloads exist.
6. Vik Restaurants
Vik Restaurants is an integrated solution for capturing and managing table bookings and takeaway/delivery food orders. That makes it ideal for dine-in restaurants that also offer takeaways or home deliveries.
The free version of Vik Restaurants gives you the following key features:
- Online reservation capture and management, including configurable opening hours
- Backend manual and offline reservations
- Takeaway/delivery order capture and management, including menus, delivery address restrictions, etc.
- Discount Coupons
- Booking and order notifications (email)
- Multilingual support
A Pro version is available for a one-time payment of $99. That adds more features and functions, such as:
- Full backend booking and order management and private frontend area for operators
- More customization possibilities
- Live seat and table maps for real-time overview of reservations
- Customers and delivery location management
- Payment gateways
- SMS notifications
- Unlimited menus, products, available delivery areas, etc.
- Automated discounts and offers
- Stock management system
- Customer reviews
- Updates and support for one year
Being a relatively new plugin, Vik Restaurants is still accruing a user base. However, it has maintained a 5.0/5.0 star user rating in the WordPress plugin directory, which is impressive.
WPPizza was initially meant for pizza restaurants, but as it is so customizable (by way of a range of add-on extensions), other restaurants now use it.
It is one of the best restaurant WordPress plugins that let you make attractive online menus and capture online orders. Furthermore, it can deal with financial things like different tax rates, gratuities, and discounts.
Key features you get with the free version include:
- Customizable detailed online menus
- Responsive, grid, and default layouts
- Incoming order alerts
- Configurable opening hours
- Financial features include cash payments, tip and gratuity collection, discounts, different tax rates, etc.
- Keep track of online orders
- Order reports
- Multilanguage capable
As mentioned, the plugin is highly customizable via various (paid) extensions. Examples of these include:
- Add extra ingredients such as toppings
- Online payment gateways
- Delivery by Zipcode
- Stock management
- Coupons, discounts, and reward schemes
- PDF invoices
- Mailing lists
The plugin costs $40 for a single site, $66.80 for 5 sites, and $101.50 for unlimited sites.
This plugin has earned an excellent reputation, with an average user score of 5.0/5.0. Therefore, if you want a highly customizable option where you can pick and choose the features you need, WPPizza could well be worth the investment.
8. Food Menu
Food Menu is refreshingly simple to use the restaurant menu WordPress plugin for adding attractive food and drink menus to your business’s website. It is possible to add menus to pages, posts, templates, or widgets. Online ordering capability is also possible through integration with WooCommerce.
The free version of Food Menu provides the following:
- Display all menu items with fields for title, description, category, order, price, excerpt, featured image
- Custom detail page template
- Device responsive
- Currency selection option
- Shortcodes and custom meta fields CSS
- Fully translatable (POT files provided)
Upgrading to the Pro version costs between $24 and $149 per year, depending on the number of domains you wish to cover. That is remarkable value, as it brings the following additional features to the table:
- More layout options, including Isotope layout with a search field and buttons for filter and showing all
- Configurable number of menus per page
- The single menu item popup
- Display image size options, including a resizer
- Visual composer add-on
- Wide range of customization options
- Support and updates
- 30-day moneyback guarantee
Additionally, Pro subscription renewals attract a 20% discount for all successive years. That means you will pay just $16.80 for a single site to continue receiving updates and support.
Over 2k active downloads of Food Menu are currently active, and users rate it highly, awarding it 4.9/5.0 stars.
9. Site Reviews
Reviews are essential for establishing trust in any business, particularly those in the catering world.
Site Reviews lets customers submit reviews with star ratings between one and five. Furthermore, it is possible to pin reviews to the top of the list, allowing you to showcase your best ones.
Other features of the free version of Site Reviews include:
- Assign reviews to categories, pages, or users
- Block reviews that contain specific names, words, phrases, email addresses, and IP addresses
- Limit reviews by username, IP address, or email address
- Show summaries of reviews and ratings from high to low
- Approve reviews before publishing and add responses to reviews
- Built-in templates
- Email notifications when reviews are received
- Option to require reviewers to be logged in (discourages fake reviews)
- Spam protection
- Shortcodes and widgets
- Gutenberg and Elementor compatible
- Multilingual support
- Developer friendly
- JSON-LD schema to show reviews and ratings in search results
- Third-party review importer (CSV)
Site Reviews Premium comprises a bundle of extensions that add filters, images, and custom forms. The price starts at €89 per year and includes updates and premium support.
We recommend starting with the free version first, as it offers plenty of handy functions and will allow you to begin accepting reviews on your site quickly. But, of course, you can always invest in the Premium offering later.
A massive 50k active downloads of Site Reviews exist, earning a respectable 4.9/5.0 user rating.
10. WP Store Locator
Gone are the days people find restaurants offline. Nowadays, people utilize Google Maps and related applications or websites to find a particular restaurant. WP Store Locator Plugin comes to your rescue.
It is one of the best WordPress plugins for restaurants, especially for restaurants operating multiple branches. It ensures users can find the nearest location of your restaurant.
Some of the key features of the plugin are as follows:
- Display multiple locales of your restaurants.
- Show the distance in KMs to the users.
- It lets you offer various details about the restaurant like the phone, fax, email, URL, etc.
- You can even customize map styles.
- Users can filter the results using radius, max results, or category.
- The plugin leverages Geolocation API to find the user’s exact location and then fetches the nearest restaurant location.
WP Store Locator has over 70k+ downloads and has a rating of 4.8 out of 5.
It is yet another well-known food ordering system for WordPress. You can integrate this plugin into the restaurant website. The WordPress food delivery plugin has all the essentials to manage your orders and other items on the restaurant website.
Several key features of the RestroPress WordPress plugin are as follows.
- It is a user-friendly plugin that lets you add a food ordering system without coding.
- Obtain instant push notifications for online orders.
- Customize the login, register, and dashboard sections.
- Integrate various payment options like PayPal, Amazon, COD, etc.
- It lets you set different prices for addons for multiple products.
The free plugin has over 3000+ downloads with 4.3 out of 5 stars.
We hope you liked our list of the best WordPress plugins for restaurants. Ultimately, WordPress restaurant plugins can be an excellent tool for restaurant owners who want to improve their online presence and customer experience. With features like online ordering, reservation management, menu customization, and customer reviews, these plugins can help streamline business operations and generate revenue.
It’s time to choose the right restaurant WordPress plugin to create a seamless digital experience for your customers and ultimately drive more business.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I add a restaurant menu to my WordPress site?
The best way to add a restaurant menu to WordPress website is to use a popular restaurant WordPress plugin. You can utilize a plugin like Restaurant Menu by MotoPress, and Food Menu to help you achieve this without any hindrance.
Which is the best restaurant WordPress plugin?
Choosing the right restaurant plugin for your WordPress site is an important decision, as it can significantly impact your website’s functionality and appearance. Here are some factors to consider when selecting a restaurant plugin for your WordPress site:
- Check out the features offered by the plugin.
- Ensure that it is user-friendly and has an intuitive interface.
- Make sure the plugin is compatible with your WordPress theme and other plugins you may be using.
- It should have regular updates, and support should be available whenever required.
- Look at the plugin’s cost and ensure it fits within your budget.
- Check the ratings & reviews to know the performance & reliability of the plugin.