Hey, WordPress fans. We are checking in with your latest dose of WordPress news.
This week, there were some security vulnerabilities in Elementor and the popular third-party The Plus add-ons for Elementor. All of the issues have already been patched – just make sure to update so that you can benefit from the fixes.
Beyond that, WordPress hit a big milestone – 40% market share.
Let’s get to all of this week’s news…
WORDPRESS NEWS AND ARTICLES
- WordPress Market Share Surpasses 40% – WordPress just keeps on growing.
- Elementor Patches XSS Vulnerabilities Affecting 7 Million WordPress Sites – make sure to update if you’re using Elementor.
- Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerabilities in Elementor Impact Over 7 Million Sites – more on the issue from Wordfence.
- Attackers Continue to Exploit Vulnerabilities in The Plus Addons for Elementor Plugin – there’s also an issue in this popular third-party extension. Make sure to update if you’re using it.
- The Plus Addons for Elementor Page Builder < 4.1.7 – Authentication Bypass – more on the issue.
- Several Vulnerabilities Patched in Tutor LMS Plugin – make sure to update if you’re using this plugin.
- WordPress Vulnerability Roundup: March 2021, Part 2 – even more vulnerability news!
- WP Rocket Spring Promo – enjoy 20% OFF on new WP Rocket licenses from March 16 to March 23.
- Divi Anniversary Sale – get a 20% discount on new memberships and upgrades.
TUTORIALS AND HOW-TOS
- Advanced Custom Fields: A Guide to Custom Fields and ACF Blocks – a deep dive into ACF.
- WordPress Caching: All You Need To Know – SpinupWP with a deep dive into caching.
- How To Set up a WordPress Development Environment – how to create a safe testing environment.
- How to Increase the Max Upload Size in WordPress – ever run into this problem? Here’s how to fix it.
- Brindle Booking Review: A User-Friendly WordPress Booking Plugin – check out our review of the Brindle Booking plugin.
- Defining the Chief Operating Officer (COO) role at a digital agency – a new episode of Matt Report.
- How Mark Zahra Led Spotlight Instagram Feeds Plugin to 10k+ Active Installs in Less than 9 Months – an interview at Freemius.
- WPCoffeeTalk: Matt Mullenweg – a new episode with a big WordPress name.