Hey, WordPress fans. We are checking in with your latest dose of weekly WordPress news.
This week, WordPress.com released a design update that makes managing your website more intuitive. We also get a first look at the initial designs for the WordPress block pattern directory.
Beyond that, there were vulnerabilities found in the popular Patreon WordPress plugin, which WordFence detailed in its blog. The issues are already fixed, but be sure to update if you’re still running on an older version of the plugin.
Let’s get to all of this week’s WordPress news…
WORDPRESS NEWS AND ARTICLES
- WordPress.com Design Update for a More Intuitive Experience – a new navigation experience on the site.
- First Look at Initial Designs for WordPress’ Block Pattern Directory – a directory that will allow you to browse user-submitted patterns.
- Gutenberg 10.3 Supports Default Image Sizes, Continues Normalizing Toolbars, and Categorizes Theme Blocks – this version lets users define a default Image block size.
- This update WordPress Vulnerability Report: March 2021, Part 4 – another entry in the iThemes vulnerability roundup.
- PHP Compromised: What WordPress Users Need to Know – how the malicious comits can affect WordPress users.
- Enterprise Content Creators Will Love These Updates in WordPress 5.7 – feature enhancements marketers will enjoy.
- Vulnerabilities Found in Patreon WordPress plugin – make sure to update if you’re running an older version of the plugin.
- WebARX Rebrands To Patchstack – An interesting story from WebARX on how they merged three companies (WebARX, Plugbounty and ThreatPress) into a brand new one
TUTORIALS AND HOW-TOS
- Speed Up Your WordPress Landing Page (Beginner-Friendly Guide) – how to optimize your page’s speed.
- How to grey out out-of-stock variations in WooCommerce – using the WooCommerce Better Variations plugin.
- A Few Tips for Marketing Your WordPress Theme or Plugin – for new WordPress theme and plugin creators.
- How to Duplicate a Page in WordPress plus Posts and Other Content – several different ways to clone a WordPress page.
- How to Secure Your WooCommerce Store – keep your store secure.
- Gravitec Lifetime AppSumo Deal – a lifetime deal for this push notification plugin.
- Six Best WordPress Search Plugin in 2021 – improve your site search.
- Best WordPress Lightbox Plugins In 2021 (Our Top Picks) – the best lightbox plugins.
- Best of Matt Report March 2021 – first ‘Best of’ episode of Matt Report.
- 11 Best WordPress Feedback Plugin in 2021 – if you are looking to get feedback forms up and running in a matter of seconds.