Are you searching for the best WordPress infographic plugins to make your website content visually appealing and easy to read?
Here we have researched and curated the most popular WordPress data visualization or infographic plugins you can use for your website. These plugins enable you to create graphs, infographics, and charts efficiently.
In this guide, we will look at the 12 best infographic WordPress plugins and their features.
- Formidable Forms
- Cool Timeline
- Element Pack
- Data Tables Generator
- Qi Addons for Elementor
- Timeline and History Slider
- iList Infographic Maker
- Draw Attention
12 Best WordPress Infographic & Data Visualization Plugins for 2024
Which plugin you opt for ultimately depends on what you need it to do. If you need to present statistical data, a data visualization plugin would be appropriate. An infographic plugin is an excellent choice if you need to tell a story or show a process. And, of course, you can use both plugin types simultaneously if you want.
Here is our selection of the best infographics and data visualization plugins for WordPress. Each will help you present data on your site in the most aesthetically pleasing way possible.
1. WPForms: Drag and Drop WordPress Survey Plugin
WPForms is actually a premium plugin for creating forms. However, what makes it extra versatile is the range of add-ons available to increase its functionality. One such add-on is the Drag and Drop WordPress Survey Plugin, which allows you to incorporate polls and surveys into your website and display the results visually.
Key features of this plugin include:
- Ability to easily convert existing forms into surveys
- Real-time presentation of collected data in various formats (e.g., pie, bar, etc.)
- Interactive survey reports
- Download graphs and charts into formats such as JPG or PDF
- Conditional logic to personalize survey questions based on previously given answers
- Drag and drop survey builder using custom or built-in form templates
- Smart survey fields like multiple-choice, star ratings, etc.
- Embed forms easily into blog posts, pages, sidebar widgets, footers, etc.
- Built-in spam protection
- Device responsive
- Includes all the form building functionality offered by the WPForms plugin
- Updates and support
- 14-day moneyback guarantee.
A free version of WPForms does exist, but the Drag and Drop WordPress Survey Plugin is only available with the Pro version, which currently costs $199.50 per year. However, that is not as expensive as it sounds because you will not only get the survey facility, but you will also get plenty of cool form creation features. What’s more, Pro is good for use on up to five domains.
WPForms is a hugely popular plugin, with an incredible four million downloads and a 4.9/5.0 user rating.
Article Continues Below
Visualizer is more of a data visualization rather than an infographic plugin. The robust plugin enables you to embed responsive charts, graphs, and tables within posts and pages on your website. The plugin leverages the Google Visualization API, DataTables.net, and ChartJS to add responsive & animated charts, graphs, and tables.
Due to these tables, visitors can easily sort & find information on the table. Moreover, these tables are helpful for attractively presenting data. And the best thing about this plugin is that you can integrate charts into your without using any extra plugins.
Key Features of Visualizer [Free Version]
- Create and embed responsive, interactive tables and charts into posts and pages.
- Produce 15 chart types directly from the tablets. In this plugin, line, bar, pie, and table charts are free. At the same time, other chart types are only available in the pro version.
- It offers various options to customize the design, improve sorting capabilities, pagination, and more.
- Using this plugin, you can import all the data in different formats like CSV, Excel, Google Sheets, etc.
- Plugin supports the Gutenberg editor. It means you can easily integrate charts with the help of a user-friendly Gutenberg interface.
The Visualizer also offers different types of subscription options. The pricing starts from $99 and goes up to $399. Based on the total number of websites, you can choose a suitable subscription plan.
Here are several features that are available under the Visualizer Pro version.
- Ability to import data from other tables, charts, graphs, and databases.
- Create charts from posts, pages, products, etc.
- Additional chart types, namely combo, gauge, timeline, candlestick, radar/spider, and polar area
- Periodic synchronization of data.
- Edit all the things on the page using the excel-like editor.
- Private charts with customizable permissions.
- Ability to allow site visitors to edit charts.
Visualizer is a hugely popular plugin with over 40,000 downloads currently active. Equally impressive is the average user rating of 4.5/5.0 stars.
3. Formidable Forms
It is one of the most advanced WordPress contact form plugins available in the market. The plugin not only enables you to create forms and collect data but also allows you to convert them into robust data-driven applications.
The plugin is mobile responsive and runs efficiently on desktops, tablets, and smartphones. It can also be called the fastest WordPress form builder available now.
Key Features of Formidable Forms
- Drag & drop editor to build any complex forms.
- Ready-made templates to quickly get started and edit as per your needs.
- Style all the WordPress forms according to your needs using visual form styler, bootstrap, and more.
- Leverage this plugin to integrate your form with email marketing, payment gateways, CRM, and more tools.
- The WordPress infographic plugin allows displaying forms like reports, graphs, and charts.
- The plugin lets you connect with various APIs like Gmail, Slack, Twitter, Trello, and more.
The plugin is available in different subscriptions. The price starts from $39.50 to $299.50 per year. Depending on your usage & budget, you can choose a subscription.
It is widely popular, has over 3,00,000 active installs, and has a rating of 4.7/5.
4. Cool Timeline
Yup, you guessed it, this plugin allows you to add classy, easy-to-understand timelines to your website. These can be either horizontal (as in the picture above) or vertical.
Making a timeline couldn’t be simpler – all you need to do is create posts and set images and dates. The cool timeline will automatically populate the posts in chronological order based on the year and date of the stories. Additionally, the timelines can be displayed anywhere on your site using a shortcode.
Key Features of Cool Timeline [Free Version]
- Gutenberg block, compact, clean, and horizontal roadmap timeline layouts.
- Vertical timelines can be one or both-sided (i.e., ‘branches’ on either side of the timeline).
- Five vertical and one horizontal timeline design with one animation effect.
- Timeline images can be displayed in popups or linked to the whole story.
- Configurable icons, story background custom colors, year circle custom colors, etc.
- Optional ‘read more’ button for full story page.
- Display stories in DESC or ASC order.
- Translation ready (already translated into German, French, Indonesian, and Italian.
- Generate the timeline shortcode using the TinyMCE button or use Gutenberg-ready blocks.
- Responsive design.
- Developer friendly, so if you are comfortable coding, you can customize the timeline story default query.
The Pro version of Cool Timeline costs just $25 and adds loads of extra features, including:
- 20 vertical and 15 horizontal timeline designs with 15 animation effects.
- Four layouts (vertical, vertical compact, vertical one-side, and horizontal).
- Several design options and two skins (light or dark).
- Wide range of customization and configuration options, including colors, fonts, etc.
- Add videos and images to timelines.
- Add multiple different timelines to a website.
- Dates can be in any format or replaced with custom labels.
- Category-based timeline filters.
- Scrolling navigation – allows visitors to move to a particular time point on the timeline quickly.
- FontAwesome or custom image icons.
- Updates and six months of developer support (extendable to a full year for an extra $7.50).
We think the free version of Cool timeline is excellent and would be a good choice if you want to add a clean, simple timeline to your website. However, the Pro version offers outstanding value, given its extra functionality for very little money.
Demonstrations of most of the timeline types are available on the plugin website. Popularity-wise, Cool Timeline has been downloaded from the WordPress directory 20,000 times and has achieved a user rating of 4.7/5.0 stars.
wpDataTables is a well-known WordPress visualization plugin. It allows you to create tables and table charts using Excel, CSV, XML, JSON, PHP, and various other sources. The plugin is trusted by more than 70,000 websites across the world.
The plugin enables you to create attractive charts or tables that look great on websites and mobile apps. The incredible thing about this plugin is that it allows you to create a table on a WordPress site without doing the coding.
Key Features of wpDataTables
- The interactive flowchart maker lets you showcase Google Sheets or Microsoft Excel data.
- Add or delete columns or rows.
- Resize columns or rows.
- Format your cells.
- Custom HTML editor.
- Include a star rating.
- Responsive mode.
The free version comes with limited features. It also offers some subscription options. They are available via annual or lifetime subscription. The subscription plan costs $70.39 per year to $254.01 per year. Further, the price of the lifetime plan varies according to the subscription.
Here are some of the key features that are available in the pro version.
- Create unlimited tables and charts.
- Conditional formatting.
- Database support.
- Various popular theme integrations like Avada, Divi, and more.
- JSON Authentication.
- Caching data efficiently.
6. Element Pack
Element Pack is not just an infographic or data visualization plugin; it is a bundle of add-ons that greatly expand the functionality of the popular page builder. It includes over 190 widgets, 230 pages, 1700 blocks, and 250 headers and footers.
As this article focuses on WordPress infographic plugins, we need to mention that one of the widgets included in this plugin is “Honeycombs.” The plugin allows you to create those neat honeycomb-style infographics you see on many websites.
Key Features of Element Pack
- Create honeycomb-style blocks for displaying statistics, information, icons, or logos.
- Hovering over a honeycomb cell reveals the hidden information behind it.
- Cells can also be clickable to take the visitor to another URL.
- CSS filters with icons.
- Reverse CSS filters.
- Range of icons to choose from.
- Updates and support.
- Get free core widgets, third-party widgets, and extensions for a lifetime.
- 30-day money-back guarantee.
Unfortunately, the free version of this plugin does not include the Honeycombs widget, so you will need to buy a Pro plan to get it. Depending on how many licenses you need, those cost between $29 and $179 per year, and lifetime subscriptions between $79 and $479.
Those prices may sound high, but you need to remember that besides the Honeycomb widget, you are also getting tons of others that add considerable functionality to your Elementor page builder.
Element Pack has a 4.7/5.0-star user rating and over 70,000 active downloads.
7. Data Tables Generator
Data tables generator is a lightweight & fast WordPress infographic plugin created by Supsystic. The robust table maker plugin makes it easy to create tables, charts, and graphs.
The best thing about the plugin is that it allows you to create SEO-friendly tables and manage them effectively. Moreover, you can modify the table to enhance the site design and change it to meet a particular individual or task.
Key Features of Data Tables Generator [Free Version]
- Responsive mode.
- Sort tables and display data in an appropriate manner.
- Global search & search by columns
- Pagination is responsible for fast-page navigation.
- Multiple add-to-cart options.
- Frontend table editing
- Different data tables, like plain, currency, percent, and date, are available.
- Supports images, links, and videos.
The free version has limited features. The plugin also has a pro version available at the cost of $49 per year and $99 for a lifetime for an individual. It also has various other plans for a developer and enterprise. All of these plans come with some additional features.
Here are some great features available in the pro version of Data Tables Generator.
- Import tables in CSV, Excel, or Google Sheets.
- Export tables in CSV, Excel, and PDF.
- Check table history.
- Migrate tables in bulk.
Currently, the plugin has more than 30,000+ installations and a rating of 4.5/5.
8. Qi Addons for Elementor
Qi Add-ons for Elementor is a toolbox of useful extras to enhance Elementor. Included in the toolbox is a suite of infographic add-ons that can help jazz up your website. The plugin is created by Qode Interactive.
All the plugins are designed to be super easy to use and quick to customize. It offers a robust, effective, and streamlined method to create an attractive website easily.
The best thing about Qi Add-ons for Elementor is it is entirely free, with no premium upgrades available. However, that doesn’t mean it skimps on features.
Key Features of QI Add-ons for Elementor
- Counters for portraying achievements numerically.
- Radial progress bars to give visual representations of operation progressions.
- Horizontal or vertical progress bars show process progressions in horizontally or vertically arranged modifiable bars.
- Display any process divided into vertical or horizontal customizable stages.
- Present data in chart form, including line, bar, pie, and donut.
This plugin includes a total of over 60 widgets. In addition to the infographics, you also get add-ons for:
- Typography (e.g., blockquotes, buttons, calls to action, message boxes, etc.)
- Business (e.g., pricing tables, client lists, banners, carousels, etc.)
- Showcases (e.g., timelines, sliders, galleries, countdowns, etc.)
- Creative (e.g., frames, galleries, sliders, showcases, etc.)
- SEO (e.g., FAQs, how-to schema, table of contents)
- WooCommerce (e.g., products lists, sliders, categories, etc.)
- Form styling
That’s a rather impressive list of features for a freebie. Of course, this plugin only works with Elementor, so it won’t be helpful if you don’t like that. However, if it is your page builder of choice, this could be a beneficial addition to your website.
Qi Add-ons for Elementor have an excellent 4.9/5.0 stars user rating, and over 100,000+ active downloads currently exist.
9. Timeline and History Slider
You can guess from the name that Timeline and History Slider gives you the ability to add timelines or history sliders to your WordPress website. These are perfect for depicting things like ancestries, evolutions (of man, companies, pop bands, etc.), life stories, event histories, etc.
Key features the free version of the plugin gives you include:
- Insert timelines wherever you want them using shortcode
- Add titles, content, and featured images as with WordPress posts.
- Works with Gutenberg shortcode block
- Several configuration options including slide speed, number of slides to display, loop, fade, autoplay, etc.
- Lazy-loading of images
The premium version costs $169 per year or $399 for a lifetime subscription. That may sound expensive, but that is because you get a bundle of other tools and plugins, including sliders, utilities, marketing, and security tools. Premium subscriptions enhance the functionality of the timelines and history slider element with the following:
Key Features of Timeline & History Slider[Premium Version]
- Additional shortcodes for horizontal and vertical timeline sliders.
- Over 12 designs of a timeline.
- Get 39 utility plugins and 10 SliderPack.
- Timeline category management.
- Timeline scrolling navigation.
- Supports Elementor, Beaver, SiteOrigin, Gutenberg, Divi, Fusions, Visual Composer, and WPBakery.
- WordPress templating features.
- 24/7 support and updates throughout the subscription period.
- 14-day refund policy.
Over 6,000 active downloads of the Timeline and History slider are in operation, and the plugin has been rated 4.3/5.0 stars by users.
10. iList Infographic Maker
iList Infographic Maker is a plugin that allows you to add responsive lists, charts, and graphs to your website with minimal effort. You can easily embed charts and graphs into your lists, while shortcodes allow you to place the infographic exactly where you want it to appear.
The free version of the plugin includes these key features:
- Create unlimited iLists
- 14 built-in responsive templates – simply add your text and images
- Create text or graphic lists and infographics
- SEO friendly
- Infographics are embeddable, meaning others can share them on their websites
- User interaction is possible via voting for individual infographics or list items
- Customizable colors and fonts
- Compatible with Gutenberg and Elementor
iList Pro Personal costs $24 per year for a single site. Alternatively, you can opt for iList Pro Master, a lifetime subscription costing $65 (once only) for up to 100 sites. Features of these plans include the following:
- Create multi-page listicles with unique URLs and advertising space (for monetization)
- Shortcode generator
- Infographic block for Gutenberg
- Over eighty built-in templates, customizable from the active theme’s folder
- Create dynamic image or text lists
- Preview in the WordPress backend
- Save infographics as images
- Wide range of customization and configuration options, including Google fonts
- Add charts and graphs to iLists
- Google ChartJS implementation with HTML5, responsive charts, and graphs
- iChart editor button for creating charts on any page even without an iList
- Social media sharing and user upvoting
- Custom CSS
- Option to allow others to embed your infographics on their website with a backlink to yours (for SEO)
- Priority support and updates throughout the subscription period
iList Infographic Maker currently has over 1,000 active downloads in existence, and users have rated it 4.3/5.0 stars.
11. Draw Attention
Draw Attention allows you to create interactive images on your website. The range of applications for this plugin is extensive. For example, you could have a floor plan of a museum, with each exhibition space being clickable to display details of the exhibits.
Another application would be a city tourist map with popups giving details of attractions in various clickable areas. Or you could have a pie chart with clickable segments explaining what each slice means.
Key Features of Draw Attention
- Easy to use drawing tools to create simple to complex shapes.
- Device responsive.
- SEO friendly – the plugin uses canvas elements in modern browsers but can also use image maps in older browsers.
- Customizable colors.
- Highlight hotspot areas on hover.
- Quickly add the areas to highlight by simply ‘drawing’ around them.
- Information is displayed when clicking the highlighted area, or you can redirect visitors to another URL.
The downside of the free version is it only allows one interactive image per site. If you want more than that, you will need to upgrade to the Pro version. That costs $99 per year for a single domain, while unlimited domains cost $149 per year.
Here are several key features available in the pro versions.
- Unlimited highlightable and clickable areas
- Unlimited interactive images
- 20 pre-defined color palettes or you can create your own custom color scheme
- Six different layout options for the highlighted areas, including lightbox and tooltip
- Support and updates throughout the subscription period
Draw Attention is a fantastic plugin that has been downloaded over 10,000 times. What’s more, it has an excellent user rating of 4.8/5.0 stars.
It claims to be the most powerful charting solution that is ever available on WordPress. The plugin makes the task of implementing data visualization on your Elementor website quick & efficient. Apart from this, the Graphina plugin integrates well with the Divi WordPress theme and works effectively on other WordPress themes.
The Graphina plugin allows you to build highly effective charts and graphics for your website with ease.
Key Features of Graphina
- 70+ data and style settings.
- Responsive design.
- Elementor Support.
- Interactive chart with flawless animation.
- Customize chart cards.
- Ability to set custom colors for a chart.
- Export data in PNG, SVG, and CSV.
There is also a pro version of the Graphina plugin available at $49. It comes with some advanced features. Let us look at them.
- 15+ attractive chart types, counters, and data tables with 1000s of variations.
- A comprehensive installation guide and user manual.
- Remote CSV data import.
- Take your charting experience to a new level with the help of dynamic charts.
- Create charts from Firebase, SQL, and APIs.
- External MySQL database connectivity.
Currently, there are more than 10,000+ active installations of the plugin, and it has got 4.5 stars out of 5.
Infographic and data visualization plugins add high-impact charts, graphs, timelines, flowcharts, and the like to your website. They can reduce the amount of text, leaving your content looking clean and uncluttered. What’s more, your site visitors will appreciate seeing data and facts presented in a clear, easy-to-understand way.
We hope you have liked the WordPress infographic or data visualization plugins we have shared in this blog. Now, it’s your time to choose the right infographic WordPress plugin and integrate it into your website.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Difference Between Data Visualization and Infographics?
Infographics are commonly confused with data visualizations. That is understandable, given that we use both to present data in a visual form. When you embed a graph or table in your website, you add a data visualization instead of an infographic. For clarity, here is a brief explanation of the two:
These are visual representations of data presented schematically to help readers mentally process it. They give a clear idea of what the data conveys without needing to delve in deeply. They are commonly used in reports to give readers a visual indication– for example – how a product or company is performing and can often be generated automatically from datasets. Think pie charts, bar graphs, scatter graphs, etc.
These are different from data visualizations in that they represent facts, events, or other data that reflect patterns aligned with a story. They often take the form of a flowchart or timeline and can incorporate data visualizations too. Typically, they are created manually as they involve just one specific dataset. Infographics often include data visualizations.
For this article, we will present various plugins for data visualizations and infographics, as both are extremely useful and are used to present data in an aesthetically appealing way.
How do I add an infographic to WordPress?
Here are some simple steps to add infographics to the WordPress website.
- Decide what you want to achieve with the infographic.
- Collect all the essential data about the infographic.
- Select a popular WordPress infographic plugin.
- Create the infographic using the plugin and organize information effectively.
- Test your infographic and give a final touch to it.
What is the best graph plugin for WordPress?
Visualizer is the best plugin to create graphs and charts for your WordPress website. It offers some of the best features to create attractive graphs and integrate them into your site.
How do I create a data visualization in WordPress?
There are several ways to create data visualizations in WordPress, depending on the type of visualization you want to make and your technical expertise. Here are three options you can consider:
- Use a WordPress plugin: Many plugins in the WordPress repository can help you easily create data visualizations. Some popular options include WPForms, Jetpack, and Visualizer. These plugins offer various features, such as charts, tables, graphs, and other interactive visualizations that you can easily insert into your posts or pages.
- Use a third-party data visualization tool: You can also use third-party data visualization tools to build and embed your visualizations into your WordPress site. Tools such as Google Charts, Chart.js, and Datawrapper offer a wide range of customization options and can be easily embedded into your site using their embed code.
Regardless of which method you choose, be sure to select a data visualization that best suits your needs and helps you communicate your data effectively.