Hey, WordPress friends!
This week, WordPress 5.9 is getting its final touches and is almost ready to launch. Since RC2, testers have found and fixed two bugs along with 14 Gutenberg fixes. We’re only a week away from the official launch, mark your calendars.
Beyond that, Gutenberg 12.4 landed in the WordPress plugin directory with accessibility improvements and a few nice-to-have features. There’s also a new acquisition in the WordPress space.
Let’s get to all of this week’s WordPress news…
WORDPRESS NEWS AND ARTICLES
- WordPress 5.9 RC3 – ready for testing.
- Gutenberg 12.4 Includes Accessibility Improvements, Categories Reminder, and a Tag Cloud Outline Style – this version focuses on polishing existing features.
- WP Experts acquired Login Designer – one of the first acquisitions in the WordPress space this year.
- Create Todo and Checklists in the WordPress Editor With New Plugin – check out this new plugin.
- Europe’s Move Against Google Analytics Is Just the Beginning – in the absence of a new EU-US data deal, other countries may follow.
- The plan for the WooCommerce custom order table – a long-awaited improvement.
- Two smaller plugins are available for acquisition -Twitch for WordPress and Udemy for WordPress.
- WordPress Vulnerability Report – January 19, 2022 – the regular iThemes vulnerability roundup.
TUTORIALS AND HOW-TOS
- How to Include Metadata in Your Blog Post Template with Divi – as the title says.
- How to Redirect Users After Login in WooCommerce – using the Profile Builder Pro plugin.
- The Ultimate Guide to Installing WordPress in a Subdirectory – a detailed guide from Delicious Brains.
- How to pick up SEO after you’ve neglected your site – some practical tips from Yoast.
- How to Add & Change a WordPress Favicon – a step-by-step guide from WP Buffs.
- WooCommerce Product Types – Complete Guide – from the folks at Iconic.
- 20+ Best WordPress Marketing Themes in 2022 – our updated list.
- 20+ Best Full Page WordPress Themes in 2022 – including paid and free themes.
- Diviflash AppSumo Deal – $99 lifetime deal on this all-in-one Divi plugin.
- WooLentor Pro AppSumo Deal – $59 lifetime deal on this WooCommerce page builder.
- A2 Hosting Promo – up to 50% off on managed WordPress plans.
- 2022 WordPress Resolutions – a new episode of WPWatercooler.
- Bringing a Plugin Into a Crowded Market – from the Do the Woo podcast.
- What does the WordPress Executive Director do? – the latest from Matt Report.
- A letter from WordPress’ Executive Director – from WordPress.org’s podcast.