We all know that having a contact form on your site is essential for most types of website and there are a number of free and premium solutions available for adding a form to a page of your choosing. The plugin I am looking at today is a little different – it adds an attractive slide in contact form which appears when the contact link is clicked and provides some really nice styling.
The Ninja Kick Contact form plugin uses modern CSS3 transitions, has layout responsive to screen size changes, works on mobile devices and reacts on swipe gestures. It is a premium plugin which costs just $17 and has over 800 sales on Codecanyon.
I love how this plugin looks, check out the demo to see for yourself. Now let’s take a look behind the scenes and see how you set it up and customize it for your site.
Visit Ninja Kick Contact Form »
After you upload and activate the plugin, you will find a new menu item under “Settings” > “NK Contact Form”, visiting that will bring up the main plugin settings page.
On the “General” tab you can choose whether the plugin appears from the left or right, you can choose which pages to show it on and whether to show it for logged-in or logged-out users, choose a dark or light overlay and whether to enable the human test ( recommended to prevent spam bots).
The “Forms” tab is where you configure everything for the form itself and its quite extensive, here you can set the following :
- Email address
- Title for Emails
- Additional Fields ( besides name, email, message )
- Contactform 7 Shortcode if you wish to use that to handle submissions instead
- Message to sender
- Social Media Profile URLs
- Logo Upload
Article continues after this block
The “Theme” tab comes with 3 pre-designed themes to choose from, you can also edit each of these to further match them to your site. The themes are as follows, Flat Dark:
Finally the “Button” tab allows you to customize the contact button which makes the form slide out, you can change the color and icon along with position of it. There is also a “CSS” tab if you wish to add futher CSS tweaks for the plugin.
Here is a full run-down of the available features:
- Unlimited forms (each is customizable).
- Inclusion/exclusion rules for pages, user roles and devices.
- Support and styling for Contact form 7 shortcodes.
- Additional form fields: Company, Phone, Address, Subject.
- Color switcher allows to change base color to match your site.
- Responsive design. Works great on smartphones and tablets.
- Three themes with clean and tasty design.
- Amazing sleek fly-out animation effect.
- Rich customisation overall.
- Option to hide label and trigger form opening from any element on page (menu button, link, image).
- User-friendly Settings page.
- Form adjusts its layout automatically for the best view depending on fields you filled on Settings page.
- 15 patterned and 15 blurred built-in backgrounds + your own.
- Client-side form validation and form AJAX submission.
- Swipes support for mobile devices.
- Localization for languages: English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Polish, Turkish (thanks green2005).
- Social links bar.
- Human test option to prevent spam.
This is a really attractive solution for contact forms, I love the styling and the options are really well thought out and easy to customize. Having a contact link permanently in view will encourage site visitors to use it so should increase pre-sales questions or site feedback.
The 3 pre-installed themes are well designed and should be really easy to customize and I like the choice of using ContactForm 7 to handle form submissions so you can just use this essentially as a front-end for that.
I am planning to use this on a couple of my websites to see what effect it has on contact form submissions – at $17 this is a very good plugin, check it out.
Visit Ninja Kick Contact Form »