Hey, WordPress friends.
This week, we shared some more information on raising money for Walter Lopez’s son – check it out if you want to learn more and help us keep the donation numbers going up.
Beyond that, there was a critical vulnerability in the popular Contact Form 7 plugin and Matt Mullenweg gave his annual State of the Word speech…virtually.
Let’s get to all of this week’s news…
WORDPRESS NEWS AND ARTICLES
- WordPress Community – Can We Help Walter Raise Money for His Son’s Cochlear Implants? – more information on what we shared in last week’s news.
- State of the Word 2020 – you can watch Matt’s speech.
- Contact Form 7 Version 5.3.2 Patches Critical Vulnerability, Immediate Update Recommended – make sure to update if you haven’t already. This vulnerability only affected sites that used the file upload field, however.
- Learn WordPress Platform Launches with Free Courses, Workshops, and Lesson Plans – an interesting new offering for newbies at WordPress.org.
- Introducing Learn WordPress – the official announcement for Learn WordPress.
- Fast Adds One-Click Checkout for WooCommerce – check this out if you have a WooCommerce store.
TUTORIALS AND HOW-TOS
- How to Use Composer and Autoload in PHP – for devs.
- How To Implement a Sticky Header In WordPress – how to create your own sticky header.
- How to Fix Your Membership Website’s Speed with Kinsta APM Tool (Actual Examples) – how to speed up membership sites (very detailed).
- Have You Been Hacked? How to Clean Your Site and Get Off Google’s Blocklist – always useful to have in your back pocket.
- How to Translate Neve Theme using TranslatePress – how to translate the Neve theme.
- 6 Best Email Hosting Providers for WordPress in 2021 (or Anyone Else) – the best email hosting services.
- Ghost Blogging CMS: A Simple Yet Powerful WordPress Alternative for Content Creators – believe it or not, there are alternatives to WordPress!
- Elementor Pro Form Builder Review/Tutorial (2021) – we review the form builder widget in Elementor Pro and show you how to use it.
- Episode 2 – Talking Pricing Models with Iain Poulson – episode 2 of Delicious Brains’ new podcast.
- Buying a productized service business for vacation rental properties during a pandemic – a new episode of Matt Report.