Are you looking for a reliable WordPress CRM plugin but don’t know which one to choose? Well, you’ve found the right article because we’ll be showing you eight of the very best and most up-to-date CRM plugins currently available.
What are CRM Plugins for WordPress?
Customer relationship management, or CRM, is vital in any business. It helps you nurture and manage relationships with customers, keep a hold on leads, improve customer service, and ultimately generate sales. Unfortunately, the process can be labor-intensive and time-consuming too, and the input it requires will increase proportionally as your business scales.
Thankfully there are a number of eCommerce tools that can help, specifically CRM plugins. These plugins allow you to automate many CRM activities on your WordPress site. Common features to look for in a WordPress client management plugin include:
- A system to capture contact info, such as contact forms on your site.
- Facilities for your customers and potential customers to communicate easily with you, for example, via chat conversations or messaging.
- The contact database(s) should be easily customizable and configurable to suit the needs of your business.
- An easy-to-use, professional user interface tailorable to your needs. For the backend, this should make the system as intuitive as possible for personnel that will be using it, plus it must meet the needs of your business. Similarly, front-end users (who could be potential customers or existing ones) will want an excellent user experience, so ease of use and suitable features are essential.
- The ability to create reports, preferably customizable, to suit your business’ needs.
- Robust search and filtering capabilities for targeted campaigns and user management.
- Integrations with other plugins and software, such as scheduling, mailshots, WooCommerce, payment gateways, etc.
- Task schedulers to help arrange and track meetings with your customers and for employees to manage their workflows.
- Activity logs that allow you to monitor activity between your business and customers, both potential and actual.
- Payment collection and invoicing facilities, particularly if you run an eCommerce site.
You may need some or all of these features, plus others not listed. Therefore, when choosing a platform, it is essential to think about the needs of your business, the employees that will be using it, your existing customers and the customers you want to attract.
Now we’ll give you an overview of 8 CRM plugins that offer the best balance of features, reliability, scalability, and price in 2023. As always, each plugin is compatible with WordPress 5.7.2 and is up to date.
FluentCRM is a fantastic WordPress CRM plugin that offers excellent features and functionality, allowing you to nurture client relationships, grow your master list and run email campaigns, as well as build sales funnels. All of these will ultimately add up to increased conversion and more profits.
In its free version, FluentCRM has a substantial portfolio of standard features:
- Customer information stored in one central location
- Automatically import contacts from CSV, WordPress, and WooCommerce
- Trackable marketing emails to contacts
- Add notes, call, and meeting logs to contacts
- Create tags and list and assign contacts to appropriate segments
- Search or filter customers by lists or tags
- Send targeted marketing emails to your email list using tags, lists, and exclusions
- Automatically send bulk emails to your users based on their actions
- Collect and manage unlimited contacts and leads
- Send unlimited emails, newsletters, campaigns, etc.
- Email builder uses Block Editor to create customized messages
- Email personalization using dynamic smart code
- Save and store pre-written email copies centrally
- Schedule emails for automatic sending at a later date
- Reports for open and click rates for both emails and links. Also, see who opened links
- Funnel builder to build simple or complex funnels with sequences starting from signup, form submission, product purchase, etc.
- Measure funnel metrics at any step of the process
- Create and manage opt-in front-end forms, with double opt-in to ensure good quality leads
- Segment users based on different form submissions or submitted data.
- Built-in analytics and dashboard
- FluentCRM also allows its users to enable UTM parameters from Google Analytics.
- Integrates with most popular WordPress plugins
- Developer ready
- GDPR ready
Those should be more than enough for most applications. But of course, there is no such thing as a free lunch, and if you need to integrate with other platforms or plugins, you may need to upgrade to the Pro. The premium version costs $129 per year for a single site or $499 for up to fifty. So before purchasing, it would be worthwhile just trying the free version to see if it serves your needs before investing in Pro.
FluentCRM is a popular plugin with over 9,000 active downloads and an outstanding user rating of 5.0/5.0 stars.
Article Continues Below
JetPack CRM has been around for some time and was previously known as Zero BS CRM. It is a totally free CRM plugin with excellent core features that can be enhanced and customized with individual extensions that are paid. It rates highly with users, as according to the WordPress plugin directory, it has an average user score of 4.4/5.0 stars, and over 9,000 active downloads exist.
Jetpack CRM disproves the notion held by some people who think that nothing in life is free. For not a single cent, this plugin gives you:
- Lead generation and management tools, including forms, emails, etc.
- Create quotations and proposals
- Client portal that allows customers to view quotations, invoices, transactions, and files
- Order management and tracking, including automatic synchronization of payment transactions
- Full billing features to create and manage invoices, payments, and taxes
- Collect payments through Stripe and PayPal via (paid) extensions
- Social integrations
- Wide range of customization options
- Mobile device responsive
- Translation ready and configurable currencies
- B2B mode
- Task scheduler and calendar
- Developer ready, including API, developer guides, and Zapier
- Integrates with many other plugins and platforms
- Segment contacts like a pro with advanced segments
It is possible to add additional functionality via premium extensions, of which 31 are currently available. These cover a variety of functions such as payment gateways, funnels, and automations. Prices for the extensions range from $29 to $179 per year, so adding just a few can prove quite costly. However, bundles are available which prove more cost-effective, the best value being ‘Entrepreneur.’ That costs $204 per year and includes all CRM extensions, priority support, and updates.
All extensions and bundles are covered by a 14-day moneyback guarantee. A two-week free trial of the bundles is also available.
Hubspot is the most popular CRM plugin for WordPress by far, with over 200,000 active downloads to date. What’s more, users have rated it a very respectable 4.5/5.0 stars, so clearly, everyone is pleased with it.
Despite being completely free, this plugin allows you to manage all of your leads and customers easily, create forms, automatically distribute marketing emails and newsletters through its email marketing tools, create forms, and even have live chats on your website. Additional features include:
- Contact, deal, and task management for up to 1 million contacts
- No limit on the number of users or amount of customer data processed
- Prospect, deal, and email tracking
- Create responsive email newsletters via drag-and-drop
- Engagement notifications
- Templates for emails and scheduling
- Share documents
- Schedule meetings
- Live chat, chatbots, forums, and popups
- Form builder for almost any kind of form
- Sales quotations
- Analytics and reporting dashboard
- Company insights
- Pipeline management
- Integrates with many other plugins and platforms, including social media
- Updates each contact record with a unified timeline of the contact’s page views
Hubspot offers several other products to upgrade your CRM system, including what they call ‘hubs’ for marketing, sales, service, and operations. Also available is an enhanced (premium) CRM hub that includes things like SEO, themes, and adaptive testing. For more details of those, head over to the Hubspot website.
Hubspot really is an ideal choice whether you are a CRM novice or have been in business for some time and wish to up your CRM game.
WP ERP is an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system that helps you manage your business and WordPress site simultaneously from one platform. It comes with three integrated core modules: human resource management, CRM, and accounting tools, all of which are vital components of most businesses. A fourth module, project management, is also available as a separate plugin that integrates with WRP ERP.
The suite of features included in the free version of WP ERP is extensive and includes:
- Email notifications
- HR management features include:
- Manage company information, including locations, departments, and designations
- Employee profiles, including configurable privileges
- Staff announcements
- Vacation management, including employee leave requests and policies
- Various HR reports
- CRM features include:
- Create contact groups and company profiles
- Contacts can have life stages for service prioritization
- Add activity logs and notes to all contacts
- Direct scheduling of meetings and calls
- Contact searches and filtering
- Assign contacts and tasks to the appropriate personnel
- CRM activity reporting
- Accounting features include:
- Overview, tracking, and reporting of incoming and outgoing transactions
- Configure financial year, fiscal year, and opening balances for accounts
- Create a closing balance sheet for the financial year.
- Create and manage unlimited bank accounts, quotations, invoices, etc.
- Purchase products or services
- Make and receive payments
- Support for over 44 currencies
- Create products and product categories
- Create unlimited users (vendors, customers, etc.)
- Taxation management including setting tax rates, etc. and payments to agencies
- Support and documentation
If those features still don’t entirely cover your needs, then you can upgrade to WP ERP Pro for $120 per year. That will add further extensions giving you:
- Advanced leave management
- WP ERP HR front-end
- Awesome support and gravity forms synchronization
- Zendesk and Help Scout integration
- Mailchimp, Salesforce, and Hubspot contacts synchronization
- Priority support
It is possible to add even more functionality, such as WooCommerce integration and SMS notifications via a wide range of additional premium extensions, each of which has individual prices.
In its free version, WP ERP contains some very impressive features. However, the Pro version shines brightest, as it is highly customizable thanks to the available extensions. Just be aware that adding lots of those can push up costs considerably.
WP ERP has over 10,000 active downloads in operation and has a user rating of 4.4/5.0 stars.
Groundhogg focuses on automating your marketing activities to nurture customer relationships and increase sales. It gives you the ability to capture and follow up leads using personalized emails, gather customer data, and much more. It is fully compatible with most popular plugins, and a range of premium extensions allow for a great degree of customization.
Key features of the free version of Groundhogg include:
- CRM and contact management:
- Unlimited custom fields
- Segmentation with tags
- Email and activity history
- User profile pictures
- Auto-discovery of location
- Add notes to contacts
- Synchronize CRM contacts with WordPress users
- Gather and view contact record information from other WordPress plugins
- Import and export (CSV)
- Funnels and marketing:
- Funnel builder for simple or complex funnels that start from forms, payments, new users, etc.
- Metrics to measure funnel effectiveness
- More than thirty integrations are available for connecting the CRM with WordPress plugins
- Open API for adding benchmarks and actions
- Email marketing and SMTP:
- Two email editors: plain text or drag and drop
- Include images, headers, paragraphs, etc.
- Email preview and testing
- Broadcast emails to your customer list.
- Differentiate between marketing and transactional emails
- Full suite of analytics report/s
- GDPR ready
Twenty premium extensions are currently available to add extra functionality to the plugin, such as SMS messaging, advanced email preferences, content restriction, and more. Unfortunately, the extensions are pricey, costing $99 per year, and some of them require the installation of other extensions to function. However, the developer does offer flat rate plans costing between $240 and a whopping $960 per year. To see a comparison of what each plan includes, go to the pricing page of the Groundhogg website.
Groundhogg has over 2,000 active downloads in operation from the WordPress plugin directory, and it scores a very healthy 4.9/5.0 stars with users.
WP-CRM System is a full-featured CRM plugin for WordPress. To keep things simple for administrators, it uses the familiar WordPress interface to manage users, clients, projects, and tasks.
In its free form, WP-CRM System gives you the following core features:
- Create and track marketing campaigns
- Manage projects, including assigning individual tasks
- Email updates to assignees upon creation or editing of a project or task assigned to them
- CSV import of contacts and user data from your old CRM or elsewhere
- One-click CRM contact creation from existing WordPress site users
- The core plugin is already translated into Russian, Polish, and Spanish
- Unlimited number of records and users
- GDPR ready
As with several of the other plugins covered in this article, WP-CRM System allows you to extend the functionality of the free version by way of premium extensions. Thirteen are currently available to add MailChimp synchronization, Gravity Forms, invoicing, Zendesk Connect, etc. Most cost $29 per year, although a few cost as much as $89.
Bundle packages offer better value. For $99, you get three premium extensions plus support and updates for one site for an entire year. $199 extends that to include all extensions, while $249 will buy you all extensions for unlimited sites.
Popularity-wise, WP-CRM System has an average user score of 4.4/5.0 stars, and over 1,000 active downloads currently exist.
UpiCRM is not a fully-fledged CRM tool in its own right, but it is a useful, free plugin to complement your existing CRM system. Use it to build a database to gather your leads together in one place, whether those leads are from forms, marketing campaigns, etc. Doing so makes managing leads much simpler.
The key features of the plugin allow you to:
- Aggregate inbound leads from multiple sources, including WordPress contact forms, websites, ad leads campaigns, etc.
- Route outbound leads via email, other UpiCRM servers, web services, or by exporting to Excel or CSV
- Automatically distribute leads to assigned team members
- Advanced user role and hierarchies
- Customized email templates and advanced email rules
- Analytics, monitoring, and tracking of campaign effectiveness
- Integrate with CRM systems, web services, Google Drive, etc.
- GDPR ready
To add leads from Facebook or Google Sheets, paid extensions are required costing $49 and $29, respectively.
More than 1,000 active downloads of UpiCRM exist, and it has accrued an average user rating of 4.6/5.0 stars.
WP Fusion Lite
WP Fusion Lite is not a CRM plugin per se. Instead, it enhances other plugins you use on your WordPress site, for example, Gravity Forms, WooCommerce, etc., with the power of your CRM platform, effectively turning those plugins into lead capture tools.
The plugin allows you to run targeted engagement campaigns through marketing channels such as email or SMS using data collected from your registered WordPress users. It replaces integration tools such as Zapier or Integromat with data synchronized directly between your site and your CRM without delays or limitations.
WP Fusion Lite is free and includes the following key features:
- Automatic creation of new contacts in your CRM when new users register in WordPress
- Site content access restriction via tags and lists in the CRM
- Synchronize any WordPress user data with custom fields in the CRM
- Automatically apply tags to newly registered users
- Contacts in your CRM can be imported into WordPress as new users, with passwords generated for them
- Export WordPress users as contact records to your CRM
- Create membership sites with drip-released content via timers and logic in your CRM
- Personalize your site for each user with data from CRM contact records for an enhanced experience
The main shortcoming of the free version is it may not work with your specific CRM platform or certain plugins, in which case you will need a premium subscription. Prices for those start from $247 per year, and over 40 CRMs and 102 plugins are supported. Therefore, before deciding on this plugin, it would be an idea to check first if the free version will work with your CRM and plugins.
WP Fusion Lite has a full 5.0/5.0 star user rating in the WordPress plugin directory, and over 3,000 active downloads are in operation.
What is Your Favorite WordPress CRM Plugin?
So, there you have our selection of eight plugins to automate your business’s CRM activities to help capture and convert more leads.
How are you handling the CRM activities in your business? Have you automated any of them yet, or are you planning on doing so soon? Have you tried any of the plugins we have suggested or any others that are available? Do you have a particular favorite, or are there any of which you are not a fan of? Which, in your opinion, is the best WordPress CRM plugin? Please let us know in the comments section below.