WooCommerce is one of the leading open-source eCommerce platforms for WordPress sites. The plugin is designed to help small to large merchants convert their WordPress site into an eCommerce store.
After starting a WooCommerce store, people face hurdles in turning visitors into paying customers and generating revenue. There are two common reasons behind it.
Firstly, they are mainly designed for selling physical goods. What if you sell online courses, software, ebooks, and more?
Secondly, the standard WooCommerce checkout is a ‘one shoe fits all’ solution. In other words, it is designed to be used with any store and to capture a generic audience. It results in higher cart abandonment rates on the WooCommerce store. Hence, it is essential to improve the checkout process.
To optimize the checkout process and fulfill the needs of these customers, you can leverage the WooCommerce checkout plugins. But with so many plugins out in the market, it becomes difficult to choose the right ones.
Here we have curated the list of 11 best WooCommerce checkout plugins that help you to optimize your checkout process and enjoy better conversions.
- Merchant Pro
- WooCommerce Direct Checkout
- Checkout Manager for WooCommerce
- WooCommerce Extra Fees Plugin
- Checkout X
- Checkout Field Editor for WooCommerce
- Multi-Step Checkout for WooCommerce
- Multi-Step Checkout Pro for WooCommerce
- WooCommerce One Page Checkout
So, let us quickly look at the best WooCommerce checkout page plugins, with the pros & cons and pricing, and decide on the right one.
1. Merchant Pro
The Merchant Pro is a popular ecommerce checkout plugin that help you to supercharge your WooCommerce store. Even though, Merchant Pro is new in the industry, it is highly suitable for making the checkout process of your WooCommerce store flawless.
The plugin offers streamlined checkout options, such as Shopify-style, Multi-Step, and One-Step. It even lets you customize the cart with the help of animations, favicons, and more. Hence, you can update the cart and checkout process, increasing conversion rates.
Article Continues Below
Apart from the checkout, many WooCommerce store owners rely on various plugins to manage their store. Surprisingly, Merchant Pro comes with 35+ modules that help you increase sales, improve user experience, minimize cart abandonment, establish trust in your brand among users, and enhance the protection of your store. You can even understand well about the modules of this plugin using its live demo.
Ultimately, Merchant Pro is not only a WooCommerce Checkout plugin but also an extensive eCommerce toolkit that helps you manage and grow your store. Hence, Merchant Pro is our favorite WooCommerce checkout plugin.
- Customize your product page by including various labels.
- Change your cart look and feel to improve the conversion rates.
- Enhance your store’s revenue by adding different modules, such as pre-orders, volume discounts, discounts on spending a certain amount, and more.
- Take user experience to a new level by adding modules, such as product video & audio, login pop-up, etc.
- Ensure to gain the attention of users who left your store in the middle by adding a floating cart widget, favicon, etc. In the end, it helps reduce the cart abandonment rate.
- Compatible with popular themes and page builders.
- None found by us.
- Personal plan costs $99 per year for 1 license.
- The professional plan costs $199 per year for 5 licenses.
- The agency plan costs $399 per year for unlimited licenses.
A complicated multi-step checkout process is one of the reasons why customers abandon their carts. We’re starting the list off with a plugin that solves that problem from a team that is officially backed by WooCommerce.
PeachPay is a reliable WooCommerce plugin that offers all-in-one payments and checkout solution. It helps eCommerce businesses increase their revenue with express checkout. This reliable WooCommerce plugin lets customers complete their purchase within seconds through a one-click window checkout. By offering a frictionless checkout experience, customers are more likely to complete their purchase because they encounter fewer obstacles and frustrations.
PeachPay currently supports payments with Stripe, PayPal, Apple Pay, and Google Pay. It functions well using different browsers and looks great across devices. Ultimately, it ensures your customers get a seamless experience every time.
With a simple setup and onboarding process, you can fully optimize your checkout and payment process in five minutes or less. The PeachPay button can appear on your site’s product, cart, and checkout pages, as well as in your mini bar cart if your theme has one. The checkout button and window are fully customizable, so you can easily adjust the color, width, alignment, payment methods to display, and more.
- Returning customers can access one-click checkout
- Cross-device functionality so customers can shop on any device
- Checkout window and button are highly customizable
- Test mode lets you try PeachPay on your live site before customers see it
- Choose your button color, width, alignment, and more
- Instant payouts and zero-fraud guarantee through Stripe and PayPal
- Reliable customer support
- PeachPay is completely free
- None found by us
- Free version – All payment methods & basic analytics
- Premium Version – $14.90 per month.
3. WooCommerce Direct Checkout
WooCommerce Direct Checkout is an ideal plugin for people who are always in a hurry. It is a paid WooCommerce direct checkout plugin that allows you to customize your checkout process in several ways. For example, you can remove specific fields or merge the shopping cart and checkout pages into one unified checkout process.
However, the premium version has a nifty trick up its sleeve – a quick purchase button. This is basically a “Buy Now” button that is added to your product pages, allowing customers to skip the shopping cart page and go directly to the checkout. Amazon and eBay use these buttons very successfully, and so can you.
- Premium plans are priced well (see below) and come with lifetime updates.
- You can remove certain parts of the checkout page, thereby streamlining the checkout process.
- The streamlined sales process uses less server bandwidth and can make the sales process much faster.
- 30-day refund policy.
- The free version does not include the quick purchase button, the unified checkout/cart page, or Ajax add to shopping cart alert features. However, the Premium upgrades are great value
- The core WooCommerce Direct Checkout plugin is free to download. Premium upgrades cost $40 for a single site, $99 for five, and $149 for unlimited domains. Those include all future updates and six months of personal support.
4. Checkout Manager for WooCommerce
Checkout Manager for WooCommerce is a sister plugin to WooCommerce Direct Checkout. However, this one focuses on adding, editing, and deleting fields on your store’s checkout page.
The plugin provides numerous field types, such as password, message, time and date picker, country, etc. Conditional fields are also possible, allowing you to show or hide them depending on the value in the parent field.
This plugin is ideal for creating a checkout page catering to your customer’s needs while capturing the exact data you need to run and expand your business correctly.
- Premium plans are well priced (see below) and include lifetime updates.
- It offers excellent options for editing and customizing your store’s checkout page with fields appropriate to your business and customers.
- It gives more control over the core WooCommerce checkout features.
- You can allow customers to upload files at checkout time, e.g., for merchandise personalization.
- 30-day refund policy.
- The free version lacks the most valuable features. Fortunately, the Premium plans offer excellent value, and we recommend investing in one of those.
- The core Checkout Manager for WooCommerce is free to download for testing. Premium upgrades cost $49 for a single site, $99 for five, and $1499 for unlimited domains. Those include all future updates and six months of personal support.
5. WooCommerce Extra Fees Plugin
This plugin was previously called ‘WooCommerce Conditional Product Fees for Checkout.’ Thankfully, it now has a new, more manageable name: ‘WooCommerce Extra Fees Plugin.’
This helpful freemium plugin allows you to levy fees at the checkout conditionally. For example, you can add additional postage fees if a customer lives outside your regular geographical coverage area. Another example would be to impose a charge when customers wish to pay by credit card or PayPal.
The free version restricts you to only city, product, and date conditions. However, the premium version adds tons more, offering you great versatility on how extra fees are levied.
- The Premium plugin offers many options for adding conditional fees at checkout.
- Easy-to-use interface
- Plenty of documentation
- 14-day free trial offered on the Premium version
- The free version has minimal capabilities
- The Premium version is a little pricey
- The core WooCommerce Extra Fees Plugin is free. Premium upgrades cost $129 per year for a single site, $299 for five, and $349 for thirty. Those include one year of updates and support. Lifetime subscriptions are also available for $699, $1,499, and $1,799 respectively.
Despite being the currency of tomorrow, cryptocurrency is not supported by WooCommerce in its native form. In fact, crypto is surprisingly unsupported in the overall eCommerce scene.
MyCryptoCheckout changes that by allowing you to receive coins directly into a wallet of your choosing. Over 30 cryptocurrencies, 60+ BEP-20 tokens, and 80+ ERC-20 tokens are supported. Furthermore, you can also accept various Polygon Matic, Terra, Waves, Stellar, SNOSIS / XDAI, and Counterparty tokens. And for a flat rate of $597, you can even add your own custom ones.
An auto-settlement feature connects MyCryptoCheckout to either the Binance or Bittrex exchanges. That allows you to convert received cryptocurrencies into fiat or stablecoins automatically. Furthermore, the plugin includes a widget that lets you accept cryptocurrency donations – perfect for charities.
- It covers a payment gateway niche that is otherwise unavailable on WooCommerce.
- The plugin can handle an impressive range of cryptocurrencies and tokens.
- Facility to automatically apply a markup (or discount) where a customer wishes to pay with cryptocurrency
- Zero transaction fees and payments are all peer-to-peer
- Free version limited to five sales per month
- MyCryptoCheckout is a free checkout plugin for WooCommerce, but as already mentioned, it is limited to five sales per month. That may be fine for some stores, but if you envisage having more than five sales in a monthly cycle, the Unlimited plan will cover any sales for an annual subscription of $59.
- Additionally, discounts are available in certain instances, such as for charities or developing countries.
7. Checkout X
Checkout X is one of the best WooCommerce checkout plugins that introduce a high-converting, mobile-first checkout into your WooCommerce store. It allows you to capture payments seamlessly & securely and offer upsells at the optimum time. All this is designed to increase conversions and decrease abandoned carts, positively impacting your revenues.
The developers of this plugin proudly proclaim that it can reduce the checkout time to less than twenty-five seconds, which is a significant improvement over the industry average of over one minute.
- It creates a blisteringly fast checkout experience for your customers.
- Forms autocomplete and abandoned cart recovery features
- Being a software as a service (SaaS) solution, this plugin is lightweight
- It supports most payment methods.
- The free version includes most functionality, the only constraint being on upsells
- You may cancel premium subscriptions at any time
- Some people may have security concerns about using a SaaS solution. However, no sensitive information is stored or processed by Checkout X.
- The core version of Checkout X is entirely free.
- If you plan on having lots of upsells, and your monthly turnover is over €1k, the developer recommends their Unlimited Plan, which costs €39 per month plus 5% of all upsell revenue.
- For larger sites (over €25k turnover), the Platinum plan may work out more cost-effective, as while it costs €199 per month, the commission on upsells reduces to 2.5%.
8. Checkout Field Editor for WooCommerce By Themehigh
It is one such plugin that indicates what the software does. ThemeHigh has done precisely that with Checkout Field Editor for WooCommerce.
It is basically a WooCommerce Checkout form plugin that lets you edit the various default fields in the WooCommerce checkout, including adding new custom (and conditional) ones. The result is a checkout process tailored to the needs of your customers and your business.
With the free version, you can add up to thirteen additional custom field types to your checkout page, including password, email, select, multi-select, checkbox, etc. The Pro version of the plugin expands that number to seventeen, but with complete flexibility over their positioning compared to the free version.
Ultimately, the free version of Checkout Field Editor offers plenty of starter functionality. What’s more, that functionality can be significantly enhanced by upgrading to Pro when your available funds allow
- The free version has good starter features, although the Pro version adds many more
- You can quickly revert to the default fields with a single click
- Popular plugin, with over 400k active downloads from the WordPress plugin directory alone, where it enjoys a star rating of 4.8/5.0
- Plenty of detailed documentation
- None found
- The core version of Checkout Field Editor for WooCommerce is free. The Pro version costs $49 per year for a single site, $99 for up to five, and $199 for twenty-five domains. Those prices include support and updates for a year.
9. Multi-Step Checkout for WooCommerce By Themehigh
Multi-Step Checkout for WooCommerce is yet another plugin available from ThemeHigh.
This neat little WooCommerce checkout plugin allows you to split the checkout process into smaller, more easily managed steps. The plugin benefits customers who might otherwise leave when faced with a monster checkout screen.
The free version of this easy-to-use plugin is basic but usable. It features things like validation of each step in the checkout process to ensure that the customer has completed all required fields and multiple layouts. Moreover, you can combine the billing and shipping steps and add a one-click ‘Back to Cart’ button.
The premium version adds two more layouts, AJAX validation of form fields, the ability to create additional checkout steps, a mobile-friendly display, and tons more.
- The free version has good features
- The Premium version adds lots of extra features at a sensible price
- Plenty of detailed documentation
- None found
- The core version of Checkout Field Editor is free. The Premium version costs $39 per year for a single site, $69 for up to five, and $129 for up to twenty-five. All prices include a year of support and updates.
10. Multi-Step Checkout Pro for WooCommerce by SilkyPress
Multi-Step Checkout Pro for WooCommerce should not be confused with the similarly named previous plugin in this list, although they do similar things.
This one from SilkyPress also lets you divide the checkout process into smaller, bite-sized chunks. However, theme or compatibility issues are unlikely as it uses the standard WooCommerce templates. Moreover, despite being simplified, the checkout process remains mobile-friendly and responsive.
Other neat features of this plugin include clickable steps so customers can jump directly back to any previously completed step. Adding a registration form alongside the default WooCommerce login form is also possible.
Furthermore, you can add product thumbnails to the order review step, and there are plenty of customization options to ensure everything is just how you want it.
- Compatible with all themes
- Highly customizable
- The resulting checkout process is highly intuitive for customers
- A little more expensive than the Premium version of ThemeHigh’s Multi-Step Checkout for WooCommerce
- The documentation is not so detailed.
- Customizations need some knowledge of PHP, so this is not a good option for novices
- Multi-Step Checkout Pro for WooCommerce costs $89.90 for a single site, $179.90 for ten, and $364.90 for fifty domains. Those prices include updates and support for one year. Renewals made before the expiration of the license attract a 40% discount.
- A free version of this plugin is available through the WordPress plugin directory. However, details of its features are scant, and the developer clearly wants people to buy the Pro version.
11. WooCommerce One Page Checkout
A special WooCommerce checkout plugin allows you to build special pages where customers can choose products, checkout, and pay all on one page. Using this plugin, you can enable customers to add or remove products by displaying product selection and checkout forms on a single page.
All the checkout fields can be presented on a single product’s page, or you can include a field to custom landing pages for unique promotions. It allows you to create a checkout page efficiently and ensure customers can purchase the products.
The plugin is best suited to create a one-page website where users can perform all the activities on a single page.
Some of the most notable features of the plugin are custom landing pages, curated products, product type support, built-in & custom templates, and product selection + checkout.
- The plugin helps you reduce the cart abandonment rate by displaying everything on a single page.
- It enables you to create custom landing pages for the website.
- It integrates well with dozens of extensions. Hence, you can sell any product or service as per your need.
- The plugin may conflict with other plugins or themes, causing errors or problems during checkout.
- It offers limited customization options.
- It costs $79 per year for a single site, $129 for five sites, and $179 for 25 sites.
We hope you now realize the importance of optimizing your WooCommerce checkout to align with the needs of your business and customers. Unfortunately, the standard WooCommerce checkout is rather too generic for that. However, plenty of plugins are available to help you create the best checkout experience for your customers, thereby maximizing conversions.
You can utilize any of the WooCommerce checkout plugins we have shared from the above list to optimize the checkout, provide an enhanced user experience and increase your sales & conversions.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I customize my WooCommerce checkout?
You can customize the WooCommerce checkout by going into the settings tab. However, it doesn’t offer much customization. For efficiently customizing your WooCommerce store, install the best WooCommerce checkout plugin.
How do I manage checkout in WooCommerce?
To manage your checkout in WooCommerce, you need to look after many things, like configuring shipping options, setting up payment gateways, customizing checkout fields, enabling guest checkouts, and more. You can achieve all of these things by utilizing WooCommerce checkout plugins.
How do I make WooCommerce checkout faster?
To make your WooCommerce checkout fast, you need to optimize images, website speed, and more. Besides this, you should allow users to log in via their desired social media platform. Plus, you should enable users to pay via their selected payment gateway.