MasterWP, the WordPress newsletter and education platform, announced its 2023 WordCamp US Travel Grant program, which will provide more than $10,000 in grants for members of underrepresented groups who are accepted to speak at this year’s premiere WordPress community event in National Harbor, Maryland, just outside Washington, D.C.
Potential speakers from groups that are underrepresented in tech can apply for a travel grant at https://masterwp.com/grant/. The deadline for WordCamp US 2023 speaker applications is May 26.
The MasterWP Travel Grant program is presented in partnership with AccessiCart, Nexcess, Paid Memberships Pro, The WP Minute and UnlimitedWP. Each partner is contributing at least $1,000, all of which goes directly to funding travel for grant recipients.
In addition to applying for funding via the Travel Grant program, MasterWP encourages speaker applicants to utilize additional community resources, including Support Inclusion in Tech (founded by Winstina Hughes), Underrepresented in Tech (founded by Allie Nimmons and Michelle Frechette), and the WordPress Diverse Speaker Training Group (#WPDiversity).
// Team WPLift
WORDPRESS NEWS AND ARTICLES
- https://wordpress.org/news/2023/05/episode-55-happy-anniversary-wordpress/ – Episode 55: Happy Anniversary, WordPress!
- https://wptavern.com/wordpress-contributors-discuss-how-core-can-better-enable-ai-innovation – WordPress Contributors Discuss How Core Can Better Enable AI Innovation
- https://wptavern.com/wordpress-community-team-evolves-wordcamp-format-to-promote-adoption-training-and-networking-for-professionals – WordPress Community Team Evolves WordCamp Format to Promote Adoption, Training, and Networking for Professionals
- https://wptavern.com/woocommerce-7-7-0-brings-multichannel-marketing-out-of-beta – WooCommerce 7.7.0 Brings Multichannel Marketing Out of Beta
- https://thewpminute.com/wordpress-2022-annual-survey-results-more/ – WordPress 2022 annual survey results & more!
- https://yoast.com/are-we-digging-our-own-hole-with-generative-ai/ – Are we digging our own hole with generative AI?
- https://thewpminute.com/20-years-of-wordpress-the-impact-on-freelancers/ – 20 Years of WordPress: The Impact on Freelancers
- https://wptavern.com/essential-addons-for-elementor-patches-critical-privilege-escalation-vulnerability – Essential Addons for Elementor Patches Critical Privilege Escalation Vulnerability
TUTORIALS AND HOW-TOS
- https://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-add-a-custom-product-builder-in-woocommerce/ – How to Add a Custom Product Builder in WooCommerce
- https://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-add-custom-post-types-to-your-main-wordpress-rss-feed/ – How to Add Custom Post Types to Your Main WordPress RSS Feed
- https://www.codeinwp.com/blog/use-video-formats-for-animated-content/ – How to Use Video Formats for Animated Content
- https://wpmudev.com/blog/mind-mapping/ – 6 Ways To Speed Up Your WordPress Web Development With Mind Mapping
- https://www.wpbeginner.com/plugins/how-to-easily-create-a-responsive-wordpress-slider-with-soliloquy/ – How to Easily Create a Responsive Slider in WordPress
- https://www.elegantthemes.com/blog/wordpress/best-magazine-wordpress-themes – 15 Best Magazine WordPress Themes in 2023
- https://www.sitesaga.com/types-of-websites/ – 21 Most Popular Types of Websites in 2023
- https://www.sitesaga.com/purpose-of-a-website/ – What is the Purpose of a Website? (Beginner’s Guide)
- https://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/woocommerce-automations-to-increase-sales/ – 15 Best WooCommerce Automations to Increase Sales
- https://www.codeinwp.com/blog/video-marketing-statistics/ – 40+ Video Marketing Statistics That Will Show You the Way in 2023