When they say it’s a whole new world, the creators of Youzer aren’t kidding. This is a new-era management solution for WordPress front-end user profiles, and it will change your author page into something that really fits that description. Integrated with BuddyPress, it will open up hundreds of options for you to play with, letting you find the exact design that will fit your personality to the finest details. Take a look at everything it has to offer and trust us, you’ll want it immediately.
When somebody offers over 700 options in one plugin, you have to wonder if it’s really possible for it to run smoothly and simply. Well, it is – Youzer has proven it. And that’s not all: if something goes wrong or if you find a bug in it, simply contact the super-responsive support and it should be handled quickly. One of the things that really stand out in the user reviews of Youzer are the great comments regarding the customer service. That’s definitely something to take into consideration!
The first thing you should be aware of is that you’ll need BuddyPress in order to use Youzer. Once you have it all set up, follow these instructions:
- Purchase Youzer plugin and save the .zip file on your computer.
- In the WordPress admin panel, go to Plugins > Add New > Upload.
- Choose the Youzer plugin zip.
- Install it.
- That’s pretty much it – you’re ready to rock and roll.
Now that you’ve been through this complicated process, you should know that only two pages are automatically added when you install the plugin: Login and Lost Password. You’re going to add the others yourself, and here’s how:
So, pick the page you need, and click Add to Menu. Proceed to add all the pages you want.
Youzer has so many options that will help you add life and color to it, that you’ll wonder how you lived without it. In short, here’s what you can expect to find:
- Social Features: Social wall, Friendships, Groups, Messages, Notification, Mentions, Emoticons, Notices, Verified Badges …
- Membership Features: Social Login / Registration, unlimited registration fields, information privacy, CAPTCHA, limit login attempts system, ajax login, login form popup, hide the dashboard and toolbar for users …
- Directories: Members Directory, Groups Directory, Global News Feed.
- Profile Features: 14 headers styles, 16 color schemes, 20 Profile Widgets, 404 profile page, Unlimited Custom Tabs
- Other Features: Powerful Admin Panel +700 Options, 09 Panel Schemes, 16 WordPress Widgets, 10+ Wall Posts Types, 30+ Embed Post Type, Fully Responsive Design and too many more …
Youzer is compatible with Internet Explorer 10 and 11, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Opera, Google Chrome, and Microsoft Edge. When it comes to the code, it is clean and well organized. This plugin is WPML and translation ready, and contains detailed documentation and instructions on how to use the plugin. Should something go wrong, the customer support is fast and reliable.
Another awesome part are the “unlimited features”. What does this actually mean – you may ask. So, let us explain: you can create unlimited profile structures, custom tabs and links, ads, color schemes, add unlimited social networks, widgets and info fields. This opens up an unlimited number of combinations, and you’re sure to find one that suits you perfectly.
Article continues after this block
Youzer Panel Options
The Youzer Admin Panel offers a variety of options – in fact, around 700 of them. This includes 52 settings tabs, five unlimited builders and 9 panel schemes. Here’s a quick overview of what to expect.
Using this plugin, you can literally change every last bit of your user profile, from some basic things such as background and margin settings, to choosing whether you allow emoji and setting up social media accounts… and much more. You can set up just about anything, and this is only the beginning in General settings.
Profile settings will allow you to create a specific structure that suits you best, set up the header and different tabs, as well as the Profile 404 message – they really thought of everything. It will probably take you days to set everything up… and have endless fun in the process. Really, having this many options seems unrealistic, but is in fact just what we needed all along.
The options in Widgets settings are too numerous to fit in one image. 35+ different widgets to choose from and set up just the way you need them (or not). Portfolio? Check. Skills, services, quotes? Check. Address, phone number and email address? Check, check and check. The number of widgets keeps growing as the plugin is updated, and the newest ones include Friends, Groups and Instagram.
The Membership settings will allow you to set up the login and register process, as well as the allowed number of login attempts. You can create unlimited registration fields, choose to hide the normal user’s dashboard and toolbars, and customize the notification emails. Youzer also features a secure system for password resetting and registration protection using CAPTCHA. From this week, another feature that works with Ajax has been added: Ajax login and popup login form.
When it comes to setting up your account, you can make sure everything is just the way you want it – decide which notifications you want to get, and which ones are simply irrelevant for you. Also, take a look at the privacy settings, change your password, or even delete your account (for example, if you want to make a new, even cooler, one).
What’s Yet to Come
The future plans sound great, and you can look forward to the following things:
- WooCommerce integration: you’ll be able to integrate your WooCommerce store with your community.
- User Rating System: Members will be able to leave reviews and stars to each other, show off their average rate, and more.
- User Profile Completeness: No more websites full of empty profiles – you’ll have different options to encourage, or even force, members to complete their profiles.
- myCRED and bbPress integration
The makers of Youzer promise many more interesting features, and honestly, we’re eagerly waiting for them.
Youzer sounds great, and it actually is. Its clean and responsive design, along with the wide variety of options it offers, makes it more than worth its price. It gives its users unlimited possibilities and promises to add even more in the future. For those of you who really hate the dull user profiles and want something that will bring color and fun into their BuddyPress website, Youzer is definitely the right choice.