Hey, WordPress friends!
We are checking in with your latest dose of weekly WordPress news.
This week, there was a critical vulnerability found in the popular WP Statistics plugin installed on over 600,000 sites. This flaw has been fully patched so make sure to update your plugin to the latest version.
Beyond that, WordPress News is getting a jazz-inspired redesign this month. The team shared a sneak peek of the new layout on Twitter. We also have other some solid tutorials and reviews for you as usual.
Let’s get to all of this week’s WordPress news…
WORDPRESS NEWS AND ARTICLES
- Unauthenticated SQL Injection Vulnerability Patched in WordPress Statistics Plugin – read if you use WP Statistics.
- WordPress.org/news Is Getting a new design – launching later this month.
- Google Says Emojis Won’t Hurt Or Help SEO – in case you’re wondering.
- The Month in WordPress – January 2022 – latest updates from the community.
- Creating Content Dividers With the Wavy Divider WordPress Plugin – a new divider plugin.
- WordPress Vulnerability Report – February 2022 – the regular iThemes vulnerability report.
- CMS and E-Commerce Churn Data Shows WordPress Maintaining Market Lead, Shopify Gaining on WooCommerce – an interesting read.
- WooCommerce 6.2 Released – make sure to backup your site before updating.
TUTORIALS AND HOW-TOS
- How to Redirect Users After Login in WooCommerce (Easily & Quickly) – as the title says.
- How to reset WordPress with the WP Reset plugin? – as the title says.
- The ultimate guide to the WordPress database – its structure and how each field works.
- How to add and edit WordPress user roles to access private posts, products & categories – from Barn2 Plugins.
- How To Fix WordPress Error Establishing A Database Connection – a detailed guide.
- A Deep Introduction to WordPress Block Themes – a comprehensive guide.
- How to Speed up a Slow WooCommerce Website – 10 ways to do this.
- How to Style Your Site with Global Styles – a video guide from WordPress.
- Using Hreflang Google Tags Correctly: A Complete Guide to Getting Your International Targeting Right (2022) – manually and automatically.
- What is Search Intent? A Guide to Answering Your Visitors’ Questions – a guide from Elegant Themes.
- Devrims Review: Scalable Managed Cloud Hosting – a close look at this new hosting provider.
- WP Webhooks Review: Create Automated Workflows Within WordPress – our hands-on review.
- HappyAddons Super Bowl Deal – up to 35% off.
- WP Engine Deal – 4 months off hosting plans with code WOOYEAR22 until Feb 28.
- WebTotem AppSumo Deal – $69 lifetime deal on this security plugin.
- WordPress 5.9 & WordCamp EU – Pressing Matters’ 50th episode.
- What freelancers should know about WordPress – the latest episode of Matt Report.
- Restricting Customization in a Full-Site Editing World, Gutenberg 12.5 and Roadmap for WordPress 6.0 – the latest at Gutenberg Times.
- Marie O’Sullivan, a therapist helping therapists with WordPress – newest episode of Women in WP.