WPLift is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Weekly WordPress News: WPLift Is Listed On Flippa
Hey, WordPress friends!
We are checking in with your latest dose of weekly WordPress news.
This week, we’re sharing some important personal news. WPLift, one of the largest and most established WordPress blogs, is currently listed on Flippa. Daan decided to sell the business in order to focus on his newly launched advertising agency. This move ensures that WPLift will continue to get the careful attention it deserves.
Since 2010, WPLift has published hundreds of detailed tutorials, reviews, and list articles to help you get the most out of WordPress. If you’re interested in taking the reins, check out the listing here.
In other news, Elementor laid off 15% of its workers, citing impending recession as the reason for the decision.
Beyond that, Awesome Motive has acquired Charitable, a WordPress donation plugin with over 10,000 users.
Let’s get to all of this week’s WordPress news…
WORDPRESS NEWS AND ARTICLES
- Charitable is Joining the Awesome Motive Family – check out Charitable’s announcement post.
- Elementor Lays Off 15% of Workforce, Citing Rising Inflation and Impending Recession – more details from WPTavern.
- What’s new in Gutenberg 13.5? – now available for download.
- Gutenberg 13.5 Adds Featured Image Placeholder Support for Cover Block, Cleaner Pasting to Other Apps – learn more about these features.
- Complying with GDPR when using Google Fonts – WordPress’ themes team updates its recommendations for hosting web fonts.
- WordPress.org Strongly Urges Theme Authors to Switch to Locally Hosted Webfonts – avoid possible violations.
- What’s The Deal with Invalid Reviews? – tips to ensure your plugin reviews aren’t removed.
- FSE Program: Sign up for usability testing by June 24th – if you’re interested in testing FSE features.
- WP Engine Extends Its Platform and Products to Singapore – to extend its global presence and performance in APAC.
- Extendable – check out this new free block theme from the Extendify team.
- WordPress Vulnerability Report – June 22, 2022 – the regular iThemes vulnerability report.
TUTORIALS AND HOW-TOS
- How To Create the Perfect Sticky Header for Your Site With WordPress – a guide from Kinsta.
- Achieve GDPR Compliance for WooCommerce in 5 Steps – important read if you own an eCommerce store.
- How to add a searchable library of course materials to LearnDash – as the title says.
- Can’t Log in to Your WordPress Admin Panel? Try These 9 Fixes – simple solutions from Jetpack.
- A Quick Guide to Copyright for WordPress Website Owners – how you can protect your site content.
- What is a WordPress Sitemap? – a detailed guide on WordPress sitemaps.
- Syncing WordPress Database Changes Between Environments: How We Handle Merging in 2022 – from WP Migrate.
- WordPress Tip: Take any plugin repo URL (e.g. https://wordpress.org/plugins/jetpack), replace “wordpress” with “tastewp”, so that the URL is https://tastewp.org/plugins/jetpack/, click on it, and it will spin up a free WP instance with that plugin already installed.
- Nelio Forms Review: Block Based Contact Form Builder for WordPress – check out our detailed review of this forms plugin.
- Richard Midson on WordPress and the Future of Podcasting – the latest from Post Status Draft.
- WordPress Acquisitions On The Rise: Developers Discuss Their Exits – interesting video interviews from Freemius.
- Milan Ivanovic on the Importance of Real World Versus Online – a new episode of WP Tavern Jukebox.
- Announcing the GLAM That Plugin Video Series – a series where Matt Cromwell and Lesley Sim audit freemium WordPress plugins.
- Barn2 Plugins Lifetime Deals – 50% off any Barn2 WordPress plugin.
- WP Engine Summer Flash Sale – 25% off shared eCommerce or Managed WordPress Hosting Plan with code JUNE25.
- YayMail AppSumo Lifetime Deal – a $75 lifetime deal on this WooCommerce email customization solution.