Weekly WordPress News: WP Engine Acquires Flywheel
The numbers aren’t public, but this helps WP Engine move towards a $1 Billion valuation, as it prepares for an IPO in the somewhat-near future. Flywheel’s recurring annual revenue was $18 million at the time of the acquisition, compared to $132 million for WP Engine.
We had a blast at WordCamp in Berlin: learned so much, met great people. The visit was inspiring. Also, we have the location for next year’s WordCamp Europe 2020 – Porto.
Let’s get to all of this week’s news…
WORDPRESS NEWS AND ARTICLES
- WordPress management site WP Engine acquires Flywheel as it moves to a $1B valuation and IPO – Tech Crunch’s article on the acquisition.
- WP Engine Acquires Flywheel – this is WP Tavern’s article on the acquisition.
- WordCamp Europe 2020 to be Held in Porto, June 4-6 – next year’s WordCamp Europe will be in Porto.
- What’s new in Gutenberg? (26th June) – among other new features, Gutenberg 6.0 adds a layout picker to the Column block.
- WordCamp Europe 2019 Recap: What You Might Have Missed – Delicious Brains’ WordCamp Europe 2019 recap.
TUTORIALS AND HOW-TOS
- How to A/B Test Elementor with Google Optimize (Or Other WordPress Content) – learn how to use Google Optimize to run A/B tests on WordPress.
- How to Translate Images in WordPress [Complete Guide] – using the TranslatePress plugin.
- How to Remove “Powered by WordPress” – Kinsta shows you how to remove this little line.
- Switching to Windows for Local WordPress Development: Part 2 – a local development tutorial from Delicious Brains.
- How to Protect and Customize Your WordPress Login Page – GoWP shows you all about your login page
- How to Charge a WooCommerce Cash on Delivery Fee – Plugin Republic shows you how.
- Complete Guide to WooCommerce POS (WooCommerce Point of Sale Solution) – Barn2 does a great guide on WooCommerce POS
RESOURCES & DEALS
- StudioPress is extending their StudioPress Pro Plus flash sale by one week – If you are looking for a bundle of great themes…now is the time: $100 discount
- Iconic Sales Booster Review: A WooCommerce Plugin to Boost Sales – this plugin helps you boost your WooCommerce’s stores revenue.
- Neve Theme Review: Fast, Customizable, and Page Builder Friendly – Neve is a lightweight theme that pairs well with page builders.
- The Best WordPress eCommerce Plugins & Shopping Cart Solutions – check out the best eCommerce shopping cart solutions.
- CSS Hero 4.0 Launch and Giveaway – to celebrate the launch of CSS Hero 4.0, you can save 65% with code HEROV4 and enter to win one of five lifetime plans.