This week, we get a preview of the brand new WordPress.com TV ads.
You can also learn about the WordPress REST API from the perspective of a non-developer.
And Eric Mann has some interesting thoughts on whether WordPress.com is actually "WordPress".
Let's get to all of this week's news...
WORDPRESS NEWS AND ARTICLES
- New WordPress.com TV Ads - check out the TV ads WordPress is testing.
- What Is The WordPress REST API? REST API For Dummies - for people who aren't developers.
- WordPress.com is not WordPress - do you agree?
- WordPress.com Experiments With Allowing Business Plan Customers to Install Third-Party Plugins and Themes - an interesting development at WordPress.com
- WordPress 4.7.5 Security and Maintenance Release - make sure to update your sites!
- WordPress 4.8 Beta 1 - after upgrading to 4.7.5, give WordPress 4.8 Beta 1 a try.
- Is WordPress Ready to Be an Enterprise-Grade CMS? - what do you think?
TUTORIALS AND HOW-TOS
- Quick Guide: How to Create AND Display a Custom Post Type on WordPress - how to create and display a custom post type using Pods.
- Using the New PDF Preview Images in WordPress 4.7 in the Real World - PDF previews were a big deal. Here's how to use them.
- Extra Hardening: Take care your HTTP Security Headers - FixMyWP with some extra security tips.
- How to Add a Custom Author Profile Page to Your WordPress - A neat tutorial for making better author profile pages.
RESOURCES & FREEBIES
- Geotargeting WP Review – Easily Geotarget WordPress Content - an easy way to geotarget your WordPress content.
- CEO of Perfect Dashboard & VP of Joomla, Aleksander Kuczek, Answers Our Most Challenging Questions - a great interview over at Freemius.
- Introducing Login Widget: Easily Add & Customize Login Forms - another solid Elementor feature.
- Comparing conditional logic in WordPress forms - Chris Lema gets conditional.
- Episode 36: David Bisset & WordCamp Miami - Episode 36 of the How I Built It podcast.