Weekly WordPress News: WordPress Powers 40% of Alexa Top 10 Million Sites
Hey, WordPress friends.
This week, WordPress hit a big usage milestone – it now officially powers more than 40% of the websites in Alexa’s top 10 million. So there you go – WordPress isn’t just for small publishers, it works great for big-name websites, too.
Beyond that, Elementor announced changes to the pricing for the premium version set to go into effect on March 9th, 2021. We also have lots of other articles, tutorials, and reviews for you.
Let’s get to all of this week’s news…
WORDPRESS NEWS AND ARTICLES
- WordPress Passes 40% Market Share of Alexa Top 10 Million Websites – big news for WordPress. It’s even higher in the top 1,000 sites.
- WordPress 5.7 Beta 2 – check out the new beta.
- Elementor Pro Price Increase – everything that you need to know about Elementor Pro’s new pricing.
- Stackable Copy and Paste Block Styles – a really neat feature. Would love to see this in the core.
- GoDaddy Launches the Hub, a New Site, Project, and Client Management Experience for Web Professionals – an interesting new offering – makes sense after GoDaddy acquired ManageWP awhile ago.
- WP Feedback Rebrands To Atarim, Moves To a Full SaaS Model – details on the rebrand of this popular tool.
- Transparency Report #12: burning rubber for a change – another one of Pixelgrade’s detailed reports.
TUTORIALS AND HOW-TOS
- WP Search with Algolia Tips and Tricks – tips for using WordPress, Algolia, and this plugin.
- How to Install WooCommerce Language Packs: Complete Guide – how to work with WooCommerce language packs.
- How to Setup Lloyds Cardnet Connect in WooCommerce – how to use this payment gateway.
- How to Manage Multiple Gmail Accounts and Addresses in One Inbox – useful for Gmail fans.
- How to Understand SEO Research for WordPress Products – SEO tips for WordPress product owners.
- Amazon SES vs SendGrid vs Mailgun vs Sendinblue: Pricing, Features, and WordPress Plugin Quality – choosing an email sending service.
- The SEO Checklist Review: An Actionable Way to Learn SEO for WordPress – an easy and actionable way to learn SEO for WordPress.
- wpDataTables Review (2021) – The Best WordPress Table and Charts Plugin – we fully updated our review of the popular wpDataTables plugin.
- Burning Rubber For A Change – Pixelgrade’s transparency report
- The WordPress community w/ Matt Mullenweg – Matt interviews Matt for Matt Report…Matt (I just wanted to add one more).
- I spell it wordpress now. (Automattic web design service? 🙄) – Matt’s original video that sparked the podcast episode.