Prevent Direct Access plugin offers a simple and effective way to protect your WordPress files as well as prevent Google, other search engines and unwanted users from indexing and stealing your hard-to-produce ebooks, documents and videos without complex user authentication. It also protects the uploads folder where all your files are stored and disable directory browsing at large as well.
Prevent Direct Access Gold protects unlimited WordPress files as well as all file types including PNG, JPEG, PDF, MP4, DOCX and ZIP files that you upload to your WordPress website via Media, Pages or Posts. Once protected, they cannot be accessed directly via their original links anymore. Unwanted users will be redirected to your 404 not found page if they attempt to read and download these protected files.
Instead, you’re given the so-called “private URL”, which is the only way to access your protected media files. You can create as many private URLs per file as you would like to by either generating random or customizing your own private links.
Better yet, you can even expire those private links within a number of days and clicks.
Protect WordPress Files now with Prevent Direct Access Gold.
- Protect unlimited WordPress files and all file types including PDF, DOCX, MP4, PNG, JPEG and ZIP files
- Block Google and other search engines from indexing your WordPress media files
- Create multiple Private URLs per file by either generating a random link or customizing your own slugs
- Auto deactivate private URLs within a period of time or a number of clicks
- Automatically protect all future uploaded files
- Allow logged-in users such as your subscribers and editors to access your protected files
- Track the number of clicks on each Private URL
- Prevent Image hotlinking
- Protect uploads folder and disable directory listing