There are often times when you are using a theme and a number of plugins which are enabled and run on the same page. However, you don’t need to use all of them and to improve the speed of your website and make the HTML source code cleaner (convenient for debugging purposes), it’s better to prevent those styles and scripts from loading.
For instance, you might use a plugin that generates contact forms and it loads its assets (.CSS and .JS files) in every page of your website instead of doing it only in the /contact page (if that’s the only place where you need it).
Asset CleanUp scans your page and detects all the assets that are loaded. All you have to do when editing a page/post is just to select the ones you DO NOT wish to load.
- Decreases number of HTTP requests loaded (important for faster page load)
- Reduces the HTML code of the actual page (that’s even better if GZIP compression is enabled)
- Makes source code easier to scan in case you’re a developer and want to search for something
- Better performance score if you test your URL on websites such as GTmetrix, PageSpeed Insights, Pingdom Website Speed Test
- Google will love your website more as it would be faster and fast page load is nowadays a factor in search ranking
- Your server access log files (e.g the Apache ones) will be easier to scan and would take less space on your server