Hey, WordPress friends.
This week, there was some controversy as Bluehost got caught using the WordPress trademark in an ad, which also reignited controversy over the WordPress.org recommended hosting page.
Beyond that, native lazy loading for iframes is coming in WordPress 5.7.
Let’s get to all of this week’s news…
WORDPRESS NEWS AND ARTICLES
- Bluehost Misuses WordPress Trademark, Reigniting Controversy Over Recommended Hosts Page – a good article from WP Tavern on the issue.
- WordPress Vulnerability Roundup: February 2021, Part 2 – another entry in the iThemes vulnerability roundup.
- Thoughts on WordPress Achieving 40% Market Share – as the title says.
- Native Lazy Loading Support for iframes Coming To WordPress 5.7 – WordPress already added native lazy loading for images – now it comes to iframes.
- Twitter announces paid Super Follows to let you charge for tweets – not WordPress-specific, but interesting for any digital marketer/creator.
- WordPress 5.7 Lets Administrators Send Password Reset Links – another useful new feature in WordPress 5.7.
- Introducing the ultimate WordPress document management plugin – Barn2 Plugins launches Document Library Pro.
TUTORIALS AND HOW-TOS
- Varnish vs Nginx FastCGI Cache: Which is best for WordPress in 2021? – how to choose a caching solution.
- How to Sell Your WordPress Site For the Best Deal – tips for selling your site.
- Building Backcast, Part 3 – another entry in Tom McFarlin’s series.
- How to Display Recent WordPress Posts from a Specific Category – as the title says.
- WordPress PHP/Development: The Ultimate Guide – iThemes teaches you about WordPress development.
- Creating your website: get priorities straight – the importance of getting priorities straight when building a website.
- FooBar Review: Best WordPress Notification Bar Plugin? (2021) – check out our review of the FooBar plugin.
- Hecto.io: Helping newsletter creators monetize – a new episode of Matt Report.
- Brindle Booking AppSumo Deal – a great deal for a plugin that we’ll be reviewing this week.