Weekly WordPress News: WordPress.com Gets Gutenberg
True to its roadmap, Automattic is starting to roll out the Gutenberg editor at WordPress.com. For now, it’s only available to a small segment of users, but that will grow as Automattic expands theme support. And in other Gutenberg news, the new Amnesty International is also going to use the Gutenberg editor.
Also, if you’ve been eyeing Advanced Custom Fields Pro, now’s the time to act! You can get 50% off until September 30th. With lifetime updates, that makes for one sweet deal.
Let’s get to all of this week’s news…
WORDPRESS NEWS AND ARTICLES
- Gutenberg is Slowly Rolling Out to WordPress.com Users – the Gutenberg train keeps chugging along.
- Advanced Custom Fields Vs. Pods Vs. Toolset: A Detailed Comparison – a big comparison of these tools at Elementor.
- WPForms Acquires Pirate Forms, Plugin to be Retired – notable if you use the Pirate Forms plugin.
- The Future of Gutenberg and Genesis – how Genesis is addressing Gutenberg.
- From 0 to 4500$/month with a new WordPress multilingual plugin – impressive growth at TranslatePress.
- Big Bite Creative to Launch New Amnesty International Website based on Gutenberg – a big name adopting Gutenberg!
TUTORIALS AND HOW-TOS
- How To Grow Your Sales Of WordPress Plugins And Themes – a Freemius guest post at WPMU DEV.
- PHP Encryption Methods for Passwords & Other Sensitive Data – a guide for developers from Delicious Brains.
- Guide to Completing Website Projects on Time – short but sweet.
- Quick Tip: Anchor Scrolling with Gravity Forms and Fixed Navigation – a quick tip for Gravity Forms users from Jason Yingling.
- Secure WordPress Form Submission: An Object-Oriented Approach – for developers, obviously.
RESOURCES & DEALS
- Hello Bar Review: Hands-on With This Flexible Marketing Tool – Hello Bar is a lot more than just notification bars now!
- 8 Best WordPress Gutenberg Editor Blocks Plugins: New Content Blocks – check out some great block plugins for the upcoming Gutenberg editor.
- 25+ Avada Examples 2018 – Real-Life Sites Using This WordPress Theme – check out some real examples of sites using the popular Avada theme.
- 50% Off Advanced Custom Fields – to celebrate the release of ACF 5.0 at WordPress.org, you can get 50% off ACF Pro until September 30th. Use code ACF50.
- Jeremy Green and Leaky Paywall – a new episode of the How I Built It podcast.