Hey, WordPress friends!
We are checking in with your latest dose of weekly WordPress news.
Today marks the 19th anniversary of WordPress. Check out this community-wide celebration called wp19 day.
Meanwhile, WordPress 6.0 was officially released with nearly 1,000 enhancements and bug fixes. Get a quick overview of some of its key features in the official release video.
Beyond that, WordPress.com introduced a new starter plan for $5. We also have lots of other articles, tutorials, and deals for you.
Let’s get to all of this week’s WordPress news…
WORDPRESS NEWS AND ARTICLES
- WordPress 6.0 “Arturo” – the official 6.0 release post.
- Celebrate the 19th Anniversary Of WordPress – celebrate with the community.
- WordPress 6.0 “Arturo” Adds More Templates and Patterns, Style Switching, and Block Locking UI – more details from WPTavern.
- WordPress.com Announces New Starter Plan For $5/Month – following unannounced pricing changes on April 1.
- Community Team Removes Red Tape From Regional WordCamp Applications – making it easier for organizers to apply for regional WordCamps.
- WooCommerce Blocks 7.7.0 Release Notes – a new version of WooCommerce Blocks.
- WordPress Accessibility Day – the virtual conference happens on Nov 2-3, 2022.
- WordCamp US 2022 Call for Sponsors – scheduled on Sept 9-11, 2022.
- LottieFiles – Lottie block for Gutenberg – check out this animations plugin.
- WordPress Vulnerability Report – May 25, 2022 – the regular iThemes vulnerability report.
TUTORIALS AND HOW-TOS
- How to handle WordPress form submissions correctly Complete Guide (2022) – including plugins to help you create forms that convert.
- WordPress Database Optimization: Adding Indexes to Custom Tables – how to optimize databases with indexing.
- WooCommerce Function of the Week: wc_get_product_category_list – a time-saving function.
- How to Install WordPress on AWS – a video guide from SpinupWP.
- Three Ways To Change Your WordPress Site’s Fonts – and why you might want to experiment with your web fonts.
- What is language localization, and which languages are most commonly localized in 2022? – a guide from Weglot.
- Elementor Birthday Sale – up to 60% off on new purchases & upgrades until June 1.
- GeneratePress Anniversary Promo – get up to 25% off.
- Dokan Discount – 30% off yearly susbcription with code wordpress19thbday-30.
- WP Project Manager Promo – 30% off yearly subscriptions with code wordpress19thbday-30.
- Happy Elementor Addons Promo – 20% off all subscriptions with code WPBday20.
- Social Ninja Discount – last chance before the plugin’s revised pricing.
- 8 Best Help Desk Software in 2022: Offer Speedy Solutions to Customers’ Problems – including free and paid options.
- 7 Google Forms Alternatives in 2022: More Features Means Better Flexibility – the best options currently available.
- Can WordPress save the planet? – the latest from Matt Report.
- Managing Product Teams at StellarWP – a new episode of Post Status Podcasts.
- Mark Root-Wiley on Creating Standards for CSS in WordPress – the latest at WPTavern Jukebox.