WPLift is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Weekly WordPress News: WordPress 6.1 Is In The Works
Hey, WordPress friends!
We are checking in with your latest dose of weekly WordPress news.
This week, Gutenberg 13.6 was released with an expansion of FSE features, some accessibility improvements and bug fixes.
Beyond that, the first release candidate for WordPress 6.1 is ready for testing. We also have a lot of other news, tutorials and deals for you.
Let’s get to all of this week’s WordPress news…
WORDPRESS NEWS AND ARTICLES
- What’s new in Gutenberg 13.6? (6 July) – ready for download.
- Proposal for a WordPress plugin checker – a tool similar to the theme check plugin.
- WordPress 6.0.1 RC 1 is now available – now available for testing.
- Envato to Shut Down Envato Studio on Short Notice, Jilting Longtime Service Providers – in a move to focus more on the creative industries.
- WordCamp Asia 2023 Call for Sponsors – the first flagship WordCamp event in Asia.
- Anders Norén Remakes Davis Theme as Davis Blocks with Full-Site Editing Support – check out this lightweight theme.
- WordPress Vulnerability Report – July 6, 2022 – the regular iThemes vulnerability report.
- The Month in WordPress – June 2022 – a summary of updates from the WP team.
TUTORIALS AND HOW-TOS
- How to Create a Fully Functional WooCommerce Private Store – using a plugin.
- How To Integrate Elementor and Mailchimp (in 5 Steps) – why you might want to integrate Elementor and Mailchimp.
- Let’s Create an FSE Theme – a tutorial from WebDevStudios.
- How to Import and Export Products and Orders in WooCommerce – as the title says.
- How To Generate a Static Site From WordPress Using Staatic – a detailed guide.
- Complete Guide to Lead Generation Forms 2022 – a tutorial from Tripetto.
- How to Create a WordPress Registration Form with Payment Options – using a membership and payments plugin.
- Claspo Review: Create Personalized Pop-ups to Captivate Your Site’s Visitors – our hands-on review on this pop-up builder.
- David Lockie on Why Web3 and WordPress Might Work Together – the latest from WPTavern Jukebox.
- What It’s Like Building and Selling a Content Company with Chris Coyier – an episode of How I Built It.
- Empathy, Understanding, And Being An Ally – the latest from Post Status Excerpt.
- Memberships and Courses – a new podcast from the WishList Member plugin team.
- Dokan Multivendor Summer Deal – up to 35% off on yearly subscriptions.
- WPRocket Anniversary Deal – get 25% off until July 13.
- WP Project Manager Summer Deal – up to 35% off on yearly subscriptions.
- Happy Elementor Addons – up to 35% off on all subscriptions.
- weMail Summer Deal – up to 35% off on yearly subscriptions.
- Squirrly SEO AppSumo Deal – a $69 lifetime deal on this SEO solution.
- WP Force SSL AppSumo Deal – $49 lifetime deal on this tool.
One thought on “Weekly WordPress News: WordPress 6.1 Is In The Works”
We have all been waiting very patiently for WordPress 6.0, and now it is finally out for everyone to use. On the other hand, this update does not take everything into account. Both the Application Programming Interface (API) and the core code of WordPress have been updated and will include both of these updated parts in the subsequent releases.
Comments are closed.