WPLift is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Weekly WordPress News: WordPress 5.9 Proposed Scope Moves Forward
Hey, WordPress fans. We are checking in with your latest dose of weekly WordPress news.
This week, the core leadership announced that all the proposed features and updates for WordPress 5.9 will be moving forward. Users can expect UI improvements, block themes, the new default Twenty-Twenty Two block theme, and more. The proposed timeline puts the Beta 1 release on November 16, and the general release on December 14.
Beyond that, there are a number of newly-released plugins you should check out. We also have a lot of news, tutorials, and updated reviews for you.
Let’s get to all of this week’s WordPress news…
WORDPRESS NEWS AND ARTICLES
- WordPress 5.9 Go/No-Go Update: All Proposed Features Are Moving Forward – the proposed scope for 5.9 gets a go-ahead.
- WP Migrate DB Pro 2.2 Released – a massive update on ACF’s flagship product.
- WooCommerce 5.9.0 Beta 1 – now available as part of the November release cycle.
- Meet Jetpack Backup: Now as a Standalone Plugin – can be used without installing the core Jetpack plugin.
- Introducing the New Save and Resume Addon for WPForms – making it easier to complete long forms.
- A New WordPress Resource Archive: Find It WP – to help you search WordPress resources.
- Tidying the Media Library With WP Ninjas’ Remove Unused Media Plugin – a new plugin.
- Build Notification Banners With ElmaStudio’s Latest Block Plugin – a new notification block.
- WordPress Vulnerability Report: October 2021, Part 3 – the regular iThemes vulnerability report.
- Gutenberg Contributors Propose Renaming Reusable Blocks – proposal to rename the ‘synced block’.
- Workshops from #WPDiversity: October and November 2021 – workshops for underrepresented community members and for WP event organizers.
- Branded Social Images – a new free plugin to brand social images.
TUTORIALS AND HOW-TOS
- How to Create a Secure Payment Gateway – using different tools.
- Building a Dynamic Website With Astra and JetEngine – as the title says.
- Unlock Black Friday Sales With These 8 Marketing Strategies – if you’re running a BFCM campaign.
- How to Make Your WordPress Website Accessible –
- How to Redirect to Checkout After Add to Cart -using settings and function hooks.
- WordPress Login Security: 5 Easy Steps to Secure Your Login Page – boost your site’s security.
- How to protect your WordPress website against hacking and brute force attacks – as the title says.
- How to Make Your WordPress Website Accessible – a comprehensive guide from Kinsta.
- WP 301 Redirects AppSumo Deal – a $49 lifetime deal on this SEO tool.
- 6 Best WordPress Rich Snippets Plugins in 2021 – our top recommendations.
- Bookly Review (2021): Launch a Booking Website with Google Calendar and WooCommerce – an updated review.
- Project Huddle Review (2021): A WordPress Plugin InVision Alternative – a great tool for website & design feedback.
- OptinMonster Review (2021): How To Grow Your Email List Faster in WordPress – overview, pros, and cons, and setup process.
- LiveChat Review (2021): Easily Add Live Chat to Your WordPress Site – a comprehensive review on this live chat plugin.
- Envira Gallery Review (2021): A Powerful Free WordPress Gallery Plugin – we updated our review.
- The Economics of WordPress – the latest episode of WP Briefing.
- WordPress 5.9 Go/No Go decision, Gutenberg releases 11.6 and 11.7, and Themes and Styles for the Editor – a new episode of the Gutenberg Changelog podcast.
- Advanced Coupons Review: Create Better WooCommerce Coupons – our hands-on review.
- Campaign Monitor vs Mailchimp vs SendinBlue: Which Email Marketing Service Wins? – if you’re on the lookout for the right email marketing platform.