Hey, WordPress fans. We are checking in with your latest dose of weekly WordPress news.
This week, the first beta for WordPress 5.8 is officially out. While the software is still in development, you can start testing the new version. The current target for the final release is July 20.
Next week Elementor is celebrating 5 years with #webcreators2021, an open-for-all live virtual conference inviting YOU to meet and get inspired by some of the most iconic creators (Gary Vaynerchuck & Seth Godin) taking place on June 16.
Beyond that, the WordPress.org blog page is getting an improved design. We also have lots of other articles and tutorials for you.
Let’s get to all of this week’s WordPress news…
WORDPRESS NEWS AND ARTICLES
- WordPress 5.8 Beta 1 – the beta is now available for testing.
- Redesign of WordPress.org/News – a much-needed redesign.
- Jetpack 9.8 Introduces WordPress Stories Block Alongside Forced Security Update – users can now create interactive stories in the web editor.
- WordPress 5.8 Introduces Support for WebP Images – a modern image file format supported by 95% of the web browsers in use worldwide.
- Spice Up Your Food or Recipe Blog With the Nutmeg WordPress Theme – a new theme for food and recipe bloggers.
- Open Invitation To Contribute to the WordPress Block Pattern Directory – for those looking to be an early contributor.
- Fluent Forms v4.0: Introducing Conversational Form – a highly-anticipated new feature.
- WordPress Vulnerability Report: June 2021, Part 2 – the regular iThemes vulnerability roundup.
TUTORIALS AND HOW-TOS
- How To Update a WordPress Theme Without Losing Customization – so you can modify your site as much as you like.
- WordPress Permalinks: How to Set Them Correctly (2021) – how to change permalinks on the backend.
- How to Reset WordPress Password (2021) – as the title says.
- Customizing the Default WordPress Member Directory Sort Order – how to customize the default WordPress Member Directory sort order.
- How to Do a Security Audit of Your WordPress Site – how to run a security audit on your site.
- How to Prevent Hotlinking in WordPress (2021) – as the title says.
- How to Clear WordPress Cache (Tutorial + Plugins) – using plugins and web hosting providers.
- Fluent Forms Discount – up to 40% off on the Lifetime and Annual licenses.
- FluentCRM 40% Discount – on annual plans.
- Lindsay Halsey on building Pathfinder SEO – the latest episode of Matt Report.
- 10 Best WordPress Responsive Menu Plugins in 2021 – to improve the navigation of your website.
- 30 Best Minimal WooCommerce Themes in 2021 – the best minimal WooCommerce theme for building your online store in 2021.
- 30 Best Free WordPress Themes for Artists in 2021 – we updated our list of free themes for artists.
- 25 Best Political WordPress Themes in 2021 – the best political WordPress themes.