Weekly WordPress News: WordPress 5.1 “Betty” Is Out
In the biggest news this week, we got the next major WordPress release – WordPress 5.1 “Betty”. As we told you last week, Betty implements new features from the Site Health project, as well as some other fixes.
Beyond that, we also got a sneak peak at what’s coming in WordPress 5.2, and we have some great tutorials, deals, and roundups for you.
Let’s get to all of this week’s news…
WORDPRESS NEWS AND ARTICLES
- WordPress 5.1 Improves Editor Performance, Encourages Users to Update Outdated PHP Versions – WP Tavern details the new stuff in WordPress 5.1.
- Proposed WordPress 5.2 Schedule – a look at what will come in WordPress 5.2 (and when).
- The marketing strategy Weglot used to achieve $100,000 MRR – Alex shares some thoughts on how Weglot is growing.
- WordPress 5.0.0 Remote Code Execution – Simon details how it works.
- WordPress Firewalls – How They Work & Enhance The Security Of Your WordPress Site – Robert shows you how firewalls work.
TUTORIALS AND HOW-TOS
- How To Create A WooCommerce AliExpress Dropshipping Store The Easy Way – here’s how to use WooCommerce for AliExpress dropshipping.
- Beginner’s Guide: How To Create A Portfolio Site Using WordPress – learn how to create a portfolio site with WordPress.
- Advanced Migration Workflow Tips For The Lazy WordPress Developer – another good post from Delicious Brains.
- Two performance tips for WordPress migrations – and more migration tips from Daniel.
RESOURCES & DEALS
- Ultra Mega WordPress Plugin Bundle of 80 Premium Plugins – 99% off! – a big bundle deal at MightyDeals.
- Sitejet Review: A Website Builder and CMS For Web Designers – it’s not WordPress, but it might be worth checking out if you build sites for clients.
- The Latest and Greatest WordPress News & Magazine Themes – the best WordPress magazine themes.
- Woostroid2 Review: WooCommerce WordPress Theme Bestseller, Now with Elementor – check out our review of the Woostroid2 theme.
- Draftium $39 Deal At AppSumo – Draftium helps you mock up websites and share them with clients.