When the core team announced the tentative WordPress 5.0 release date of November 19, they said that date could move by up to 8 days (or be pushed back to January if it needed more than 8 days).
That first contingency just triggered – the new estimated release date is November 27. And if the core team isn’t able to hit that, it will move back to January to avoid the holidays. That being said, they seem set on trying to get it out before WordCamp US.
Beyond that, HubSpot is moving into the WordPress space and we’ve got some great tutorials and reviews.
Let’s get to all of this week’s news…
WORDPRESS NEWS AND ARTICLES
- WordPress 5.0 Release Date Update to November 27 – this date still could be pushed back to January if needed.
- Block Lab Release – Block Lab aims to “make it a lot easier to build custom Gutenberg blocks”
- Matt Mullenweg Addresses Controversies Surrounding Gutenberg at WordCamp Portland Q&A – worth a read.
- A Plea to Defer the Release of Gutenberg – from the Imagely/NextGEN Gallery folks.
- Introducing Finder: The Easiest Way to Switch Between Pages – a neat new Elementor feature.
- HubSpot CMS targets WordPress users with stand-alone product – interesting news.
TUTORIALS AND HOW-TOS
- How To Fix WordPress Mixed Content Warning (Easy Step-by-Step Guide) – learn how to fix the mixed content warning after moving to HTTPS.
- Complete Guide to WordPress Multi Language Setup – at ManageWP.
- Train Your Clients to Use WordPress – Eric shows you how.
- Adding a Podcast to Your WordPress Website: Comprehensive Tutorial – for you podcasters.
RESOURCES & DEALS
- WordPress Portfolio Themes – 40+ Modern & Fresh Portfolio Themes – check out 40+ great portfolio themes.
- WP Configurator Theme Review: Sell Configurable Products On WooCommerce – this theme/plugin duo helps you sell configurable products.
- Humcommerce Review: All-In-One eCommerce Analytics For WordPress – check this out if you have a WooCommerce store.
- 101 – Matt Mullenweg… Why Gutenberg? And why now? – Matt Mullenweg on the WP Builds podcast.
- Finding Opportunity While WordPress is Changing – a roundtable Matt Report.