A little while ago, the core team pushed the expected WordPress 5.0 release date from November 19 to November 27. Well, as the fact that there’s still no WordPress 5.0 indicates, that release date has been pushed back again.
In their release post for the WordPress 5.0 Release Candidate 1, the team only said that “A final release date will be announced soon, based on feedback on the RC.”
Beyond that, we’ve got some great development topics, as well as a guide to FTP for regular WordPress users.
Let’s get to all of this week’s news…
WORDPRESS NEWS AND ARTICLES
- WordPress 5.0 Release Candidate – the Release Candidate is out, but the actual release date has been pushed back from November 27.
- How Many Issues Are Acceptable for Gutenberg’s Release? – Eric asks the question.
- Is PHP Dead? No! At Least Not According to PHP Usage Statistics – what do you think?
- Implications Of Thinking In Blocks Instead Of Blobs – a good article at Smashing Magazine.
- WPCampus Seeks to Raise $30K for Gutenberg Accessibility Audit – WP Tavern reports.
- Paths to Learning Web Development – want to learn WordPress dev? Give this one a look.
TUTORIALS AND HOW-TOS
- WordPress FTP Access Guide: How To Use FTP For Your WordPress Site – learn how to connect to your WordPress site via FTP.
- Managing WordPress Custom Tables with an Advanced Custom Fields Repeater Field – how to do it.
- Hot Module Replacement For Gutenberg Blocks – Human Made shows you how (if you’re a developer).
- How to Use Gmail to Send WordPress Emails – interesting approach.
RESOURCES & DEALS
- The Free Themes Roundup of November 2018 – check out the best free themes from November.
- WordPress Page Builder Performance Comparison – good depth…but it leaves out Elementor for some reason.
- The Brad & Matt Limited Edition Totally Unoriginal Random Show Beta 1 – a new podcast.
- Kim Gjerstad and MailPoet – a new episode of the How I Built It podcast.
- 25% Off All WPeka Products – use code wpflat25 to get the discount.