Weekly WordPress News: WordPress 4.8 on June 8th
This week, we got a look at the WordPress 4.8 release schedule. Right now, we’re less than a month away!
You can also read some impressive numbers from Weglot, who just closed on a massive €450,000 fundraising round.
And if you’ve ever wondered what the difference is between Apache and Nginx, Tutsplus has the perfect post for you.
Let’s get to all of this week’s news…
WORDPRESS NEWS AND ARTICLES
- From €7,000 to €21,000/monthly: 6 months of growth and a €450,000 fundraising – Weglot just closed an impressive €450,000 fundraising round.
- WordPress 4.8 Release Targeted for June 8 – less than a month!
- The Ultimate Landing Page Kit: 25+ New Pro Templates that Will Boost Your Conversions – Elementor gives you another reason to use Elementor Pro.
- Apache vs. Nginx: Pros & Cons for WordPress – if you’ve ever wondered what these terms mean on hosting feature lists.
- Putting WordPress into Hyperdrive – a little late to the party, but this is too intriguing not to share…
TUTORIALS AND HOW-TOS
- How to Use Different Sidebars on Different Pages, Posts, or Categories – how to change your sidebar depending on your site’s content.
- Boost Your Search Traffic With Video Rich Snippets For WordPress – how to get video rich snippets for better organic CTR.
- Strategies for Handling Large WordPress Media Libraries in Dev and Staging Environments – another specific post from Delicious Brains.
- Exclude words while searching in WordPress – how to modify the default WordPress search exclusion operator or turn it off completely.
- The Best Way To Check Your WordPress Site for PHP Compatibility – PHP 7 is awesome but you should still run some tests.
RESOURCES & FREEBIES
- WpAlter Review – White Label the WordPress Dashboard – a simple way to white label the WordPress dashboard.
- OptinEngine Review: Create Targeted Opt-in Forms For Free – some beautiful optin forms available for free.
- S5 E5: Brent Jett – Season 5, Episode 5 of Matt Report.
- Episode 35: Diane Kinney & Writing an eBook – Episode 35 of How I Built It.
- Should Your Website Have Sidebars? What the Research Says – what do you think?