Weekly WordPress News: WordCamp Asia 2020 is On in Bangkok
This week, we learned that WordCamp Asia is officially a go. It’s going to be in Bangkok, Thailand from February 21-23 in 2020 and the organizers are expecting around 1,000 attendees. You can also apply to be a speaker or media partner.
Beyond that, WP Super Cache patched a security issue, and Crunchbase took a detailed look at WP Engine and Pagely.
Let’s get to all of this week’s news…
WORDPRESS NEWS AND ARTICLES
- WP Super Cache 1.6.9 Patches Security Issue – make sure to update if you use this popular caching plugin.
- WordCamp Asia Set for February 21-23, 2020, in Bangkok, Thailand – WordCamp Asia is ready to go.
- WordCamp Asia Call for Speakers and Media Partners – speaking of, you can answer the call if you’re interested in heading to Bangkok.
- Volunteer Call for WordCamp US is Now Open – WordCamp US 2019 is also looking for volunteers.
- Gutenberg Comments – an interesting plugin that brings the block editor to your comments section.
- A Tale Of Two WordPress Hosts – Crunchbase looks at the differences between WP Engine and Pagely (from a business perspective).
- CBS News investigation finds fraudulent court orders used to change Google search results – this isn’t WordPress, but it’s quite interesting.
TUTORIALS AND HOW-TOS
- WordPress Front-End Post Submission Tutorial: Your How-To – learn how to let visitors submit posts from the front-end of your site.
- WordPress Caching: All You Need To Know – SpinupWP looks into caching.
- Google Search Console: Everything You Need to Know to Improve Your SEO – Kinsta shows you how to use Google Search Console.
- AMP ⚡️ More Than Just Mobile Pages – a detailed look at how to use AMP.
- Simple WP_Query Example: Using a Shortcode to Display Post Titles – WP Shout shows you how.
RESOURCES & DEALS
- 10Web AppSumo Deal – $69 – get lifetime access to the 10Web service that we reviewed (the hosting part renews at $69).
- EP280 – Acquisitions in the WordPress space – WP Watercooler talks about some recent acquisitions.