Hey, WordPress friends. We are checking in with your latest dose of weekly WordPress news.
This week, Wix launched a negative marketing campaign that takes direct aim at WordPress. The campaign titled ‘You Deserve Better’ involved sending a package to well-known WordPress community members.
Let’s get to all of this week’s WordPress news…
WORDPRESS NEWS AND ARTICLES
- Wix Takes a Jab at WordPress with Bewildering New Marketing Campaign – a good article from WP Tavern on the issue.
- WordPress 5.7.1 RC 1 – the scheduled release is on April 14.
- Kadence WP is Joining the iThemes Family – yet another acquisition from iThemes and Liquid Web.
- Twentig Now Upgrades the Twenty Twenty-One Theme Experience – added features for WordPress’ default theme.
- Jetpack 9.6: Sell more stuff with Search for your Woo Store – introducing Jetpack Search.
- WordPress Vulnerability Report: April 2021, Part 1 – the regular iThemes vulnerability roundup.
TUTORIALS AND HOW-TOS
- Disable the WordPress Block Editor’s Fullscreen Mode With a Plugin – using a new plugin in the market.
- How to Future-Proof Your WordPress Designs (What You Need To Know) – how to maintain your WordPress designs.
- WordPress Block Patterns: What They Are & How to Use Them – as the title says.
- How to Start a Food Blog in 9 Easy Steps (2021) – for aspiring food bloggers.
- How To Avoid Product Duplication On Import In WooCommerce – using Product Import Export Plugin For WooCommerce.
- WP Rocket Spring Promo – enjoy 20% off new WP Rocket licenses.
- Marmot Theme Review – a hands-on review.
- 35 Best Free WordPress Plugins in 2021 – boost your website performance, security, and design.
- Nathan Wrigley on hosting the WP Tavern Jukebox podcast Post – a new episode of Matt Report.
- Top 12+ WordPress Plugins for a Converting E-commerce Website – if you want to create feature-rich and highly converting websites.
- Brindle Booking AppSumo Deal – a lifetime deal for this booking plugin. Read our Brindle Booking review here.