Weekly WordPress News: What’s Coming in WordPress 4.8?
This week, we have a roundup of all the new features in WordPress 4.8. While there’s nothing too exciting, you will get some cool new widgets on June 8th.
And as always, we’ve got a bunch of the latest “how to” guides for you to improve your skills.
Let’s get to all of this week’s news…
WORDPRESS NEWS AND ARTICLES
- What’s New in WordPress 4.8 – Features and Screenshots – the biggest new features in WordPress 4.8 with live screenshots.
- I’m Joost de Valk, founder and CEO at Yoast. Ask me anything! – Joost from Yoast SEO has an AMA at ManageWP.org.
- How Ionut Neage Built ThemeIsle to Make $50,000/month – an insightful interview with Ionut from ThemeIsle.
- The Road to 1 Million Downloads – Profile Builder reached a massive milestone. Here are the team’s thoughts…
- Is ThemeForest a Good Place to Sell Your Premium WordPress Theme? – what do you think?
TUTORIALS AND HOW-TOS
- How to Track Outbound Links on WordPress With Google Analytics Events – how to set up Event Tracking in Google Analytics.
- How to Add a Countdown Timer to WordPress For Free + More – how to add a countdown timer to your site without paying for a premium plugin.
- How to Extend the WordPress Customizer – a dev-centered guide from Torque.
- How to create custom WordPress user roles with Profile Builder – speaking of Profile Builder…
- How to Build a Blog in WordPress with Elementor Pro and OceanWP – how you can use Elementor and OceanWP to build your blog.
- Profiling WordPress Performance – a dev-heavy guide to profiling WordPress performance.
RESOURCES & FREEBIES
- WPLift’s Big Guide to Managed WordPress Hosting [UPDATE 2017] – we updated our big list of managed WordPress hosts.
- The WPLift Roundup of the Best Free WordPress Themes May 2017 – check out the best free WordPress themes from May.
- Consulting WP: A WordPress Theme for Your Business, Finance, or Consulting Firm Needs – check out our review of this premium theme.
- The Story Behind MOJO Marketplace with Brady Nord – Brady Nord on the WordPress eCommerce Podcast.