Hey WordPress fans, this week, WordCamp Europe released the schedule for the 2020 online event. You can pin the events that you’re interested in and get them sent to you in an email.
Beyond that, the WooCommerce team is experimenting with using blocks for the cart and checkout pages, which looks pretty cool.
Let’s get to all of this week’s news…
WORDPRESS NEWS AND ARTICLES
- WooCommerce Is Testing a Block-based Cart and Checkout – this would be pretty cool and give you more/easier control over the processes.
- WordCamp Europe 2020 Online Schedule Released – you can check out all of the events and save your favorite events.
- Diving Into Automattic’s Block Experiments – Automattic is working on some interesting blocks.
- Should WordPress Provide an API for Third-Party Editors? – I say yes.
- High Severity Vulnerabilities in PageLayer Plugin Affect Over 200,000 WordPress Sites – Wordfence details another security vulnerability.
- WordPress Vulnerability Roundup: May 2020, Part 2 – iThemes also published its security roundup.
TUTORIALS AND HOW-TOS
- The WordPress Hooks Bootcamp: How to Use Actions, Filters, and Custom Hooks – your guide to WordPress hooks.
- How to Find Freelance Web Design Work – if you want to grow your business.
- Retroactively Sign Git Commits – some tips from WebDevStudios.
- How to find the best image language translator plugin for your website – localize the images on your site for international visitors
- WordPress Form Builder Plugin for User Registration – A step-by-step guide
- Best Ways To Make Your Blog More Beautiful – some tips to create a better-looking blog.
- Secure your WordPress login with these easy-to-use plugins – some tips to lock down your login page.
- 6 Best WordPress Lead Generation Plugins in 2020 (Popups + More) – the best plugins to generate leads.
- 6 Best WordPress PDF Plugins: PDF Embedders + More – useful plugins for working with PDFs on WordPress.
- Big Orange Heart, re-branding wellbeing & mental health – a new episode of the Matt Report podcast.