Weekly WordPress News: WordCamp Europe 2020 is Live
Hey WordPress friends, this week WordCamp Europe kicked off. It started on June 4th and will run through the 6th. You can participate in all the events online from the comfort of your home.
Further, Automattic added malware scanning to Jetpack – a paid service to keep you ahead of malware threats.
Let’s get to all of this week’s news…
WORDPRESS NEWS AND ARTICLES
- WordCamp Europe 2020 is live – participate online.
- Introducing Jetpack Scan: Stay Ahead of Malware Threats – Automattic added malware scanning to Jetpack. It’s a paid service.
- Automattic Launches Malware and Vulnerability Scanning Service for Jetpack – WP Tavern’s post on Jetpack Scan.
- Automattic Invests $4.6M in New Vector, Creators of the Matrix Open Standard for Decentralized Communication – not WordPress-specific, but Matrix looks to be quite interesting.
- WordPress 5.4.2 RC 1 – WordPress 5.4.2 is almost ready for primetime.
- Google Search to Introduce New Page Experience Ranking Signal in 2021 – more on Google’s Core Web Vitals.
TUTORIALS AND HOW-TOS
- How to Add a WordPress Icon Box to Your Content (3 Free Plugins) – learn how to add an icon/featured box to WordPress.
- How To Make A Marketplace Website Using WordPress? – learn how to create a marketplace website.
- How to Make Your Custom Block Accessible – for developers.
- Complete Guide: How to Sell by Weight in WooCommerce – sell your products per weight
- How to Customize WooCommerce: The Ultimate Guide – learn how to tweak your WooCommerce store.
- Getting effective testimonials for WordPress businesses – tips for getting testimonials for your business.
- 7 Best WordPress Social Sharing Plugins: Our Picks + What We Use – our recommendations for social sharing plugins.
- Getsitecontrol Review: 5 User Engagement Widgets In One WordPress Plugin (2020 Update) – we updated our GetSiteControl review.
- WordPress Hosting Performance Benchmarks (2020) – Review Signal just published its latest objective performance benchmarks.