Weekly WordPress News: Typography in the Customizer, Woo Security issues & More.
I noticed this post on WPTavern yesterday which introduced a proof of concept plugin by Justin Tadlock which demonstrates one way of handling typography within the Customizer. It looks like a really nice way to allow the user control over typography settings with live updates, you can download the plugin and try it out for yourself here.
On with the news …
WordPress News and Articles
- So You Want To Use WordPress To Make An App? – Will you be using WordPress for your next app?
- What can the WordPress community learn from the State of Drupal (2015)? – Can WordPress learn from Drupal?
- WooThemes Fixes XSS Vulnerability in Products Using the prettyPhoto Library – Make sure you update if you use a WooTheme.
- Security Advisory: Object Injection Vulnerability in WooCommerce – Also update if you use WooCommerce.
- A Primer on Writing Good Documentation – Tips for writing better documentation.
- Ghost vs WordPress: Is it Time to Make the Switch? – A post about ghost.
- Priceless Words From the Founder of WordPress – Tips from Matt for Entrepreneurs.
- A General Pricing Guide for WordPress Websites – Pricing tips for website designers and developers.
Tutorials and How-Tos
- 8 Killer Tips and Tricks To Skyrocket Your Productivity in WordPress – Increase your productivity with these tips.
- The Beginners Guide to WooCommerce: Introduction – An overview of WooCommerce.
- An Introduction to the WordPress Filesystem API – Guide to writing to local files in WordPress.
- The Best Way To Release a New Feature – Tom’s thoughts on adding new features.
- Using The Google Maps API and WordPress – Start of a new series on the Google Maps APi.
- Summer Refresh: 21 Ways to Improve Your Blog Content – Some nice tips for improving your blog.
- Ways to trigger emotions via UX designs – How to trigger emotions with design.
- 10 Reasons Your Landing Page Sucks and How to Improve It – Advice for creating better landing pages.
- The Tuts+ Guide to Template Tags: First Batch – Second part of the series on using template tags in your themes.
- Some Unique and Useful Ways to Use Dates and Times in WordPress – Different ways to use timestamps in WordPress.
Resources & Freebies
- The WPLift Roundup of the Best Free WordPress Themes June 2015 – Some more great freebies for you to download.
- How To: Display Your WordPress Posts & Pages in a Grid Layout – A number of plugins for creating grids in WordPress.
- Customizer Typography: A Proof-of-Concept Plugin for WordPress Theme Authors – Looks like a nice way to handle type in the Customizer.