Weekly WordPress News: Security Update, Too Much Transparency? And More.
There was another security release to WordPress 4.3.1 this week so make sure all your sites are up to date, this was to fix some cross site scripting vulnerabilities.
I enjoyed reading this transparency report on CodeinWP where the founder, Ionut, considers the success of his company’s Zerif Lite theme and talks about what could replicate such success. He also talks a little about the culture in the company he is building.
Chris Lema raises some points about transparency reports and how the could possibly harm your business further down the line if you decide to sell.
Finally, Dev at WPKube released a nice looking free theme for coming soon pages in collaboration with Jason Schuller, check it out here.
WordPress News and Articles
- WordPress 4.3.1 Security and Maintenance Release – Update your WPs!
- The Changes on the WordPress Market and Why Teamwork Matters – Another detailed Transparency report from the people at CodeinWP.
- Is there a downside to Transparency Reports? – Chris Lema raises some interesting points regarding oversharing of business information.
- You Should Be Budgeting Your Business – Tom talks about budgeting for your business.
- Building a better WordPress – Ideas for taking WordPress forward.
- WordCrash – Couch surfing for the WordPress community.
- Risk Mitigation and the True Cost of Website Downtime – What does downtime on your website cost you ?
- Pros and Cons of the Freemium Business Model for WordPress Plugin Developers – Does giving away a plugin for free help you to sell more premium plugins?
Tutorials and How-Tos
- How To: Use Customer Feedback To Increase Conversion Rates For Your WordPress Site – Increase sales with customer reviews & testimonials.
- Increase WooCommerce Sales by Finding Your Best Customers & Improving Churn Rate – WooCommerce Analytics plugin.
- How to Create an Online Marketplace: Marketplace WordPress Themes & Plugins – Create your own multi-vendor marketplace.
- Tips and Tricks to Manage Your WordPress Social Media Campaigns Like a Pro – Social Media Promotion advice.
- WordPress Developers: How to Evaluate Your Personal Performance – Keep yourself in shape for best performance at work.
- Out-of-the-Box WordPress – The Groundbreaking Way to Activate Plugins & Themes Upon WordPress Installation.
- WordPress REST API Basics – Kinsta looks at the REST API basics.
- How to Build WordPress Sites That Clients Love – Tips for improving the client experience with WordPress.
Resources & Freebies
- Monstroid Theme Review – A Huge Multi-Purpose Theme from TemplateMonster
- Launch: A Free “Coming Soon” WordPress Theme – A nice looking coming soon theme designed by Jason Schuller and Coded by Dev at WPKube.
- Think You Need a Business Administrator? – Use These 8 WordPress Plugins Instead.
- 11 Best Free Quality Backup Plugins for Protecting Your WordPress Site – Free backup plugins for your WP site.
- WordPress Notification Manager – Free plugin to handle notification messages better.