Weekly WordPress News: The Future of WordPress Themes
Hey WordPress fans, we’re checking in with your latest dose of weekly WordPress news.
This week, we had the first meeting on the “Future of Themes”. There are still a ton of questions that need to be answered, but the future is block-based themes…at least according to the Automattic influence in the meeting.
In other big news, Awesome Motive (WP Beginner) just acquired the All in One SEO plugin, which adds another popular plugin to Syed Balkhi’s collection.
Let’s get to all of this week’s WordPress news…
WORDPRESS NEWS AND ARTICLES
- Key Takeaways From the First ‘Future of Themes’ Meeting – Justin summarizes what happened in the meeting.
- All in One SEO is now part of the Awesome Motive Family – Awesome Motive is the same company behind WP Beginner, WPForms, and lots more.
- Gutenberg 7.4 is Out – the latest version of the Gutenberg plugin adds features to enhance the group and column blocks.
- Gutenberg vs. Elementor: We Actually Attempted to Build Our New Site With Both – a behind-the-scenes look based on ThemeIsle’s experience.
- Rise of Gutenberg and the new wave of bloated sites – is Gutenberg creating more bloated sites?
TUTORIALS AND HOW-TOS
- How to Translate an Elementor Site the Easy Way on WordPress – how to translate Elementor with TranslatePress.
- Building a Headless WordPress Website with GatsbyJS – Eric shows you how to do it.
- Pricing strategy, the most underrated marketing channel for WordPress products – Alex has tips on pricing WordPress products.
- Using the chain-of-responsibility pattern to hash WordPress passwords – an advanced post on hashing WordPress passwords.
- Creating true fluid web typography to improve our processes – a guide for designers from Pixelgrade.
- How to set up an affiliate program for your WooCommerce store – Mihai from SliceWP gives a good explanation on how to do just that.
- WooCommerce CRM: Complete Guide (connect, sync, profit) – Connect your shop to your CRM
- How to Use Gravity Forms to Create a Quiz (and Analyze Results) – Colin shows you how
- Automatically Scheduling Podcast Guests with Calendly and Zapier – a helpful guide from Joe if you have a podcast.
- 10 Best Places to Find Freelance WordPress Jobs – we updated the best spots to find WordPress jobs.
- A Tech Journey to WooCommerce with Jeff Daigle – a new episode of the Do the Woo podcast.
- ProteusThemes AppSumo Deal – get lifetime access to all of ProteusThemes’ offerings for just $49. I’m not sure if this will include future themes, but I think it’s a good deal either way.