Weekly WordPress News: WPLift Support Off & Running & The Rise of Multi-Purpose Themes
It’s been two weeks now since I launched WPLift Support, it’s had a good response so far with some blogs talking about it and traffic to the site is just getting going. We’ve had some staff applications for people wanting to join the team and we’ve started signing up customers so I’m pretty happy so far. I had forgotten what a struggle it is to get a brand new site off the ground but with such small traffic to start with, any little win feels great. We have started to post some content to the blog over there, this content is a little different to what’s posted here on WPLift – It is aimed more at small business owners which is our target market. Check out some recent posts:
- Improve Your WordPress Website: 50 Actionable Tasks You can Do Today
- How to Grow Your Business with Content Marketing & WordPress
- 6 Steps You Can Take Today to Eliminate Distractions & Work More Efficiently
I will be posting some more updates and transparency reports etc soon once we find our feet and I feel I have some good info to share with the readers here on WPLift.
This week I posted a little about the history of the Multi-Purpose themes, the huge ones that are currently making millions of dollars – check it out and let me know what you think?
Good week, enjoy your weekend everyone!
WordPress News and Articles
- The Rise of Multi-Purpose WordPress Themes and My Thoughts on Them – History and thoughts on these huge themes.
- Lessons learned from writing a premium WordPress plugin – Daron Spence shares a few thoughts on launching a premium plugin.
- Mark Forrester talks about WooThemes – how the deal with Automattic came about and What is next.
- Still in Business – Dan Cameron talks about his year with his plugin Sprout Apps.
- I’ve Joined Envato – Emil Uzelac joins the theme review team at Envato – good news.
- Takeaways from interviewing 13 great WordPress developers – Interesting post with advice from great developers.
- Freemium WordPress Developers: Should You Provide Support for Your Free Plugin? – Supporting your free plugin can help convert to paying customers.
- WordPress Plugin Directory Surpasses One Billion Total Downloads – How long till 2 billion?
- A Look at Why Some Frontend Developers are Decoupling WordPress – Reasons why a developer would decouple the WP front-end.
- 7 Tips for Outsourcing WordPress Development Work Effectively – Tips for working with freelancers.
Tutorials and How-Tos
- How to Grow Your Business with Content Marketing & WordPress – Advice and Plugins for content marketers.
- 6 Steps You Can Take Today to Eliminate Distractions & Work More Efficiently – Productivity tips.
- Improve Your WordPress Website: 50 Actionable Tasks You can Do Today – A collection of small jobs you can to improve your WordPress site.
- WordPress and Theme-Specific Plugins – Tom’s thoughts on theme lock-in functionality.
- How To Deploy WordPress Plugins With GitHub Using Transients – Setup a Git repository for your WordPress plugin.
- Top 12 Tips for Attracting More Comments on Your Blog – How to get more comments on your blog.
- 3 Ways to Make the WordPress Dashboard More Intuitive for Your Clients – Configure the WP dashboard for your client’s needs.
Resources & Freebies
- The WPLift Roundup of the Best Free WordPress Themes August 2015 – Our roundup of all the best free themes for August.
- How To: Create Responsive Image Grid Galleries with the Final Tiles Gallery Plugin – A cool plugin for creating responsive grid galleries.
- 15 Free Resources To Help You Become a Smarter WordPress Developer – Free tools for developing with WordPress.